What happens when we play at team that doesn't

Hardy Pyle

The problem I have with this post is that you (perhaps unintentionally) make it sound as if teams WANT to hand the ball over to us, or dont really care.

The Bills are FORCING turnovers. As for the competition thing, we can only beat the teams we face, and we are doing so, even on the road.

It's all good.  :)

169002[/snapback]

Exactly. Nobody says stevestojan when NE or PIT or PHI are beating up on the "Little Sisters of The Poor" yet it's a crime when the Bills do?? Whatever happened to winning the games you're supposed to win...isn't that a sign of a good team? Cripes! :):unsure:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good teams make their own breaks. They can take advantage of little mistakes, and win even when they're "not supposed to".

We're a good team, now.

168993[/snapback]

Exactly - the punt block was the result of a great individual play. Spikes interception - the product of a great rush. Kelsay's interception - we tipped the pass. Johnson's fumble - a great hit. Did you see an INT like the one Favre threw - a gift? Did you see a Cinci runner just drop a ball? While some turnovers are gifts, I didn't see any yesterday.

Exactly - the punt block was the result of a great individual play.  Spikes interception - the product of a great rush.  Kelsay's interception - we tipped the pass.  Johnson's fumble - a great hit.  Did you see an INT like the one Favre threw - a gift?  Did you see a Cinci runner just drop a ball?  While some turnovers are gifts, I didn't see any yesterday.

169169[/snapback]

What I love about this re: Spikes is the fact that each of his picks this season have come as a result of some serious film study. He is in the right place whenever he has the opportunity to make a play. What a player he is and he is still improving...

Actually Spikes int. was the result of him flatening the reciever before the ball got there. He leveled Johnson as he was waiting for the screen pass. Not sure if that is a penalty seeing how it was behind the line of scrimmage. It may depend on if the ball was in the air at the time. They didn't have a good replay of the QB and the reciever in the same frame to tell though.

Not sure if that is a penalty seeing how it was behind the line of scrimmage. It may depend on if the ball was in the air at the time.

169308[/snapback]

Bingo

"Note: Once the quarterback hands off or pitches the ball to a back, or if the quarterback leaves the pocket area, the restrictions (illegal chuck, illegal cut) on the defensive team relative to the offensive receivers will end, provided the ball is not in the air."

NFL Rules

That's what I thought NG. Could you tell if the ball was in the air though? They never showed a good shot of the whole play from over head, that I saw anyway.

Why are some of you beating on Hardy?

The fact is, in 8 victories, the Bills only own 1 win over a team that has a winning record - the home 22 -17 win over NYJ, and one victory over a .500 team - Seattle, after 14 weeks.

We are all happy that they are still hanging on, but a powerhouse???

That's what I thought NG. Could you tell if the ball was in the air though? They never showed a good shot of the whole play from over head, that I saw anyway.

169342[/snapback]

not sure if it was or that it matters on a screen...

" 4. A defensive player may not tackle or hold an opponent other than a runner. Otherwise, he may use his hands, arms, or body only:

(a) To defend or protect himself against an obstructing opponent.

Exception: An eligible receiver is considered to be an obstructing opponent ONLY to a point five yards beyond the line of scrimmage unless the player who receives the snap clearly demonstrates no further intention to pass the ball. Within this five-yard zone, a defensive player may chuck an eligible player in front of him. A defensive player is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone until a point when the receiver is even with the defender."

I assume that TKO just gave him one hell of a "chuck". :)

I mean, we're getting an unrealistic number of turnover per game. This won't continue for ever. What happens when a team actually shows up to play.

I was really hoping that Cinncy would bring their A game to really see how we stack up. But I thought they made far too many big mistakes and really gave us the game. I thought we really could have beat them by alot more, but we kicked alot of field goals.

Next week, we should win convincingly. I guess if the Steelers have anything to play for, that will be the true test. And I don't think the steelers will give us that game, then we can see how good we are.

I still feel that our offense is just not where it needs to be to play with the big boys yet. But we're on the cusp.

I'd also be interested in knowing what our 3rd down conversion rate was. I bet it was pretty low.

But like many of you will say, we won and that's all the counts. But to me, winning against quality opposition counts. Not beating teams that fold over. Cinncy was a good team coming into this game, but they played very bad, especially Kitna, last year's Bills could have won this game.

168988[/snapback]

what happens when a team doesn't give us the game?

I would think Patriot fans would say the same thing....at least in the beginning untill they realized

- Good teams make their own breaks

- Good teams win ugly when necessary

I REALLY like what I am seeing out of this team right now......

i feel like hardy does to an extent...i mean, thought the offense looked pretty putrid actually...and cinci's defense pretty much sucks. but it's not like we're not getting it done. we sure as hell are. all you can do is line up and beat the teams on your schedule.

Actually Spikes int. was the result of him flatening the reciever before the ball got there. He leveled Johnson as he was waiting for the screen pass. Not sure if that is a penalty seeing how it was behind the line of scrimmage. It may depend on if the ball was in the air at the time. They didn't have a good replay of the QB and the reciever in the same frame to tell though.

169308[/snapback]

And why did Kitna throw such a bad pass? Could it be he was running for his life?

i feel like hardy does to an extent...i mean, thought the offense looked pretty putrid actually...and cinci's defense pretty much sucks.  but it's not like we're not getting it done.  we sure as hell are.  all you can do is line up and beat the teams on your schedule.

169396[/snapback]

Good post, jester43. It's been a nice recovery from the early games.

That wasn't really my point buckeye but, if Spikes doesn't flatten him the pass is right on the money. It was thrown on line just that the running back had been knocked to the ground. It would have resulted in a loss of yards had he been upright.

Hmmm Ok,

Lets see the Bengals gave us the game. So with that theory....

Rudi Johnson- allowed Nate Clements to punch the ball out of his hands.

Jon Kitna - He knew that Kelsey would jump into the passing lane for the INT. He knew that Takeo was their all along and would knock Rudi on his ass.

Punting unit - they allowed Jason Peters to run through the line.

Seriously tho what is wrong with these negative people. I think they are setting themself up so they won't be disappointed if the Bills miss the playoffs.

These people must always play to lose in their life.

The Bills have destoyed some teams with Better records then us. Can't you see that the Bills actually are a good team. Can't you enjoy the fact that we have meaningful games in December and that our PLayoff chances will be decided in Week 17.

Some Fans make me sick. i think they should start routing for SF, Miami, etc... at least then you have something to be negative about so you can WHINE.

Exactly - the punt block was the result of a great individual play.  Spikes interception - the product of a great rush.  Kelsay's interception - we tipped the pass.  Johnson's fumble - a great hit.  Did you see an INT like the one Favre threw - a gift?  Did you see a Cinci runner just drop a ball?  While some turnovers are gifts, I didn't see any yesterday.

169169[/snapback]

I actually started yelling at the TV when Clements stripped Johnson of the ball, because before I saw the ball loose, I thought that NC needed to tackle Johnson, not go for the ball. First priority is to get him down. Still, a great play. That's why I watch and he plays.