What happens when we play at team that doesn't

Hardy Pyle

I mean, we're getting an unrealistic number of turnover per game. This won't continue for ever. What happens when a team actually shows up to play.

I was really hoping that Cinncy would bring their A game to really see how we stack up. But I thought they made far too many big mistakes and really gave us the game. I thought we really could have beat them by alot more, but we kicked alot of field goals.

Next week, we should win convincingly. I guess if the Steelers have anything to play for, that will be the true test. And I don't think the steelers will give us that game, then we can see how good we are.

I still feel that our offense is just not where it needs to be to play with the big boys yet. But we're on the cusp.

I'd also be interested in knowing what our 3rd down conversion rate was. I bet it was pretty low.

But like many of you will say, we won and that's all the counts. But to me, winning against quality opposition counts. Not beating teams that fold over. Cinncy was a good team coming into this game, but they played very bad, especially Kitna, last year's Bills could have won this game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, we're getting an unrealistic number of turnover per game. This won't continue for ever. What happens when a team actually shows up to play.

168988[/snapback]

Good teams make their own breaks. They can take advantage of little mistakes, and win even when they're "not supposed to".

We're a good team, now.

The problem I have with this post is that you (perhaps unintentionally) make it sound as if teams WANT to hand the ball over to us, or dont really care.

The Bills are FORCING turnovers. As for the competition thing, we can only beat the teams we face, and we are doing so, even on the road.

It's all good. :D

Christ almighty, what a chicken little mentality.  The Bills are getting turnovers because they're FORCING turnovers.  Good teams do that.

The Bills are (hack, cough, hack) a good team.

It killed me to say that.  :D

168998[/snapback]

I am impressed that you make this admission FM. They way they are playing, they, imo, can compete with any team right now.

PS: I say this knowing that your corners are banged up.

I am impressed that you make this admission FM. They way they are playing, they, imo, can compete with any team right now.

PS: I say this knowing that your corners are banged up.

169007[/snapback]

Good defense, great special teams, and an offense that doesn't make mistakes is a recipe for good things.

A caveot: At some point, the offense is going to have to make plays as the competition gets tougher - the other good teams won't be as inclined to turn it over. That's taking away nothing from what they've done so far. Drew's transition into a solid game manager has been nothing short of astounding.

Teams make sitakes and in effect give games away when the other team (Buffalo) is hitting harder, moving faster and more pumped up. The Bills are winning because they are laying guys out.

More importantly, the Bills D is getting turnovers because opponents have been put in situations that require the opponents to take chances. Last season many of us were complaining that the D wasn't taking the ball away enough. That was because the O and ST weren't scoring points, so (like in last night's Colts/Ravens game) the opponents were able to hang around and pull the one or two big play(s) every team is liable to give up each game.

Good defense, great special teams, and an offense that doesn't make mistakes is  a recipe for good things.

A caveot:  At some point, the offense is going to have to make plays as the competition gets tougher - the other good teams won't be as inclined to turn it over.  That's taking away nothing from what they've done so far.  Drew's transition into a solid game manager has been nothing short of astounding.

169028[/snapback]

I would like to thank the Pats for kicking our asses that cold Sunday night....that was the turning point.

i thought the Bengals Defense came to play yesterday. They looked pretty solid to me. I was impressed that even as tough as the Benglas D played, the Bills protected the ball, and as the Bengals ran the ball well, they only had 1 minute more in TOP.

i also think the Bills D did a good job of not breaking. Rudi Johnson looked like he could have run for 250 yards, yet the Bills did an excellent job on the 3rd downs...holding the Bengals to 6 for 15 on 3rd down.

I feel the same way but you're about to be flamed for not letting people "enjoy the moment". I don't want to bring anybody down whatsoever, but I am allowed to be concerned with the offense if I want, and I am.

169003[/snapback]

I feel the same way. It's as though any realistic criticism or mention that the SB is a little unrealistic this year is taken by some as pissing in their patchouli oil incense. I'm not going out of my way to sh-- on anyone's dinnerplate, but it's pretty comical to see the reactions of some.

I was really hoping that Cinncy would bring their A game to really see how we stack up. But I thought they made far too many big mistakes and really gave us the game. I thought we really could have beat them by alot more, but we kicked alot of field goals.

Next week, we should win convincingly. I guess if the Steelers have anything to play for, that will be the true test. And I don't think the steelers will give us that game, then we can see how good we are.

I still feel that our offense is just not where it needs to be to play with the big boys yet. But we're on the cusp.

I'd also be interested in knowing what our 3rd down conversion rate was. I bet it was pretty low.

But like many of you will say, we won and that's all the counts. But to me, winning against quality opposition counts. Not beating teams that fold over. Cinncy was a good team coming into this game, but they played very bad, especially Kitna, last year's Bills could have won this game.

168988[/snapback]

Damn, who let ICE back in here?

Good defense, great special teams, and an offense that doesn't make mistakes is  a recipe for good things.

A caveot:  At some point, the offense is going to have to make plays as the competition gets tougher - the other good teams won't be as inclined to turn it over.  That's taking away nothing from what they've done so far.  Drew's transition into a solid game manager has been nothing short of astounding.

169028[/snapback]

Thanks again. Wrt the special teams, they truly are great, and not just the returners and Moorman.

The coverage guys are simply kicking ass. Wire, Stamer, Aiken and others are flying down the field and making tackles. The good news is that most of these guys are under contract for a while.

There are lots of other teams that you would rather face in the playoffs right now, despite the pats recent domination. The Bills ARE good.