What happens when we play at team that doesn't

Hardy Pyle

I will say this again:

I love the fact that this team is able to make their opponents one dimensional. Also, I love the fact that it has become a second half team.

Think about that for a second. This is a team that's BETTER in the second half than the first half. I love that.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be interested to see whether our team will ever get credit from some people for winning a game.

Apparently we have averaged 37 ppg for the last five games only because the other team let us.  :)

168994[/snapback]

The amazing part is that it is a franchise record for points over 5 games...which amazes me since I thought the 1990's Bills offense put up big numbers.

Look, I'm as excited as the rest of you. I'm flying downt to SF from Canada to watch the game on Boxing day.

I'm exuberant that we're beating teams very handily when not playing perfect games. We're giving teams a good ass whoopin and our offense isn't playing that well.

That said...what happens when we play a team that doesn't turn the ball over 3-5 times, there not starting a rookie QB, or a QB that is playing his first game of the season, with a new center, who fumbles the snap, throws directly to our receivers, we block a punt for a score. These are nice, but they can't be counted on as your bread and butter for scoring TD's.

When we need our offence to move the ball effectively get first downs and keep the ball, then what happens.

Let me try to put it another way. I'd be much happier if different aspects of the team were performing in different games. It seems to me we can count on our defence to win us a game, and special teams. But can we count on our offence to bail out our defence or special teams when they have a bad game? Can we score consistently if our team is not given a short field.

I raise these questions, I'm sure that Bills management is also concerend about these issues. I'm sure of all the things that concern them, it's the offense's ability to move the ball.

The only thing that does alleviate some of my concerns was that maybe we were playing a low risk offence that was just taking what was given. But really, I thought we should have hung up 50 points on these guys considering the other units gave us 14 points and we had good field position all day long and ended up kicking alot of field goals.