Clayton ranks Fitz 27th, warns Bills fans to get ready for Luck

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What positive case would you expect him to make?

Journeyman fitz sets up behind a suspect oline where suspect little was done to address their needs. their best wr over the last 8 years was traded preseason, so I'm expecting great things from him?

Technically he was the best WR only 3 out of the 7 years he was on the Bills, and the last time that was true was 3 seasons ago 2006, 2007, 2008.

If Clayton said the Bills were going to the Super Bowl, I'd still have the same opinion of him -- pencil-necked geek who doesn't have a clue and only regurgitates what he has been told by his "insiders."

Exactly.

I don't give a flying !@#$ what Baby-Carrot Dick Clayton says.

The Senator nailed it with Fitz will have a better season than Brady.

It's that time of year...I think we'll surprise a few people this year, and by that time, they'll all be saying they "knew the potential was there," and they'll be riding Fitzy's nuts because he went to Harvard, and we can tell them all to go !@#$ themselves.

I wish that these guys would acknowledge the **** that is said about them. Maybe not call out everybody, like BCDC, by name, but at least acknowledge they are getting slammed. It would be great when the players were interviewed if there were copies of articles saying how bad they are hanging in lockers etc. Use this **** as fodder to rally the troops. I would like nothing more than to see BCDC eat ****. The media wouldn't know what to do if they had to cover the Bills, and stop sucking off Rex and BB.

link

27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills

Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback.

I was as critical of the Evans trade as anyone, but our only hope that the national media wouldn't have picked up on is the play of Easely. It's a big "if" but if he can pull it off, we could be out of the "Luck Bowl." If not hard to argue with Mr. Tales from the Crypt

This is a win win year, if Fitz does well then we already have our QB if not and we get Luck we get the best QB prospect since Manning, Go Bills !!

The sad thing is... all the pundits predicted us to suck last year, and guess what, we did.

I don't want to believe this guy, but frankly until the Bills go out there and win some games, I don't see how anyone can blame the media for not believing in us.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Clayton. He notoriously boosts up the Pats and disregards historically inferior teams. Not saying Fitz is great, but he's better than 27th.

Typical Patriots-loving ESPN employee.

Mr. Peepers doesn't know everything.

link

27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills

Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback.

I was as critical of the Evans trade as anyone, but our only hope that the national media wouldn't have picked up on is the play of Easely. It's a big "if" but if he can pull it off, we could be out of the "Luck Bowl." If not hard to argue with Mr. Tales from the Crypt

Until the bills start beating teams they are not supposed to beat, I am with the Crypt keeper. Seems to be a bigger version of last years team. Andrew Luck will completely change the fortunes of the Lucky team that gets him.

ESPN and NFL network both are biased to the front runners. I only hear about Philly, NE, Indy, Jets, Balt. They don't like small market teams. Green Bay won the Super Bowl last year, yet they still get little exposure. You would think Philly won the SB by all the talk they get. I would love nothing more than to see the Bills go 12-4 win the division and watch NFL network commentators try to explain themselves.

I find Eisen and the LA centric NFL network to be quite biased on Phillip Rivers and the Bolts. They are a good team and he has potential to be a historically great QB--but really what have they done? They always underachieve early on and upset the Colts in the first round only to be bounced.

This is I believe sympomatic of the laziness of a lot of NFL pundits. Really the NFL media is like a massive echo chamber.

1. Josh Freeman is the next big thing.

2. The Lions are going to be better than the Vikings.

3. The worst teams are Buffalo and Cinci.

All I need is a twitter account and a few assistant GM's email addresses and I could work for ESPN.

The sad thing is... all the pundits predicted us to suck last year, and guess what, we did.

I don't want to believe this guy, but frankly until the Bills go out there and win some games, I don't see how anyone can blame the media for not believing in us.

Its a what have you done for me lately world we live in, and when you haven't done anything in over a decade it becomes a gimme. So no, we can't blame the media for not believing in the Buffalo Bills, why should they because until we actually start winning football games its the same old story. Bills play hard, good effort, come close some times, might even win a game or two against some of the weaker opponents, that's about it.

but now its time to turn the page...

The Evans trade looks like a bonehead move, but if Nix/Gailey are right and there are a ton of very high quality receivers (and Easley's performance is some evidence of that)it might prove to have been a good move. Should have gotten better than a fourth, but that's water under the bridge.

Luck bowl? I guess we look like we are in it until we prove different. The first six games will give us the outlook for this team.

I doubt the Bills will be fortunate enough to get Luck. But I'd be just fine with Matt Barkley or Landry Jones. Until the Bills finally address their need at QB and actually get it right they will be spinning their wheels. Fitzpatrick is an adequate stop-gap until the franchise QB arrives (hopefully next year). When the Bills do find that guy they will take a quantum leap to respectability in the league.

I find Eisen and the LA centric NFL network to be quite biased on Phillip Rivers and the Bolts. They are a good team and he has potential to be a historically great QB--but really what have they done? They always underachieve early on and upset the Colts in the first round only to be bounced.

This is I believe sympomatic of the laziness of a lot of NFL pundits. Really the NFL media is like a massive echo chamber.

1. Josh Freeman is the next big thing.

2. The Lions are going to be better than the Vikings.

3. The worst teams are Buffalo and Cinci.

All I need is a twitter account and a few assistant GM's email addresses and I could work for ESPN.

On the other hand, how many plausible general takes on the state of the NFL are there anyway?

Should they have a lottery and assign each sports writer a unique given permutation of how the teams will finish before the season starts and make it the analyst's job to force fit the facts towards their assigned vision of bogosity? It could be a challenge actually if an analyst got assigned a permutation with, say, the Bengals, Bills, Browns, and Panthers as the elite Super Bowl teams and the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, and Saints as the doormats of the NFL.

On the third hand, not sure anyone with a modicum of objectivity would put much stock in such an article, but it would earn the analyst a spot on the approved expert and great writer lists, no doubt.

Sports writers endlessly repeating what others have written and reported on? Shocking!

Why get upset over this? Who cares? Nothing new is written by these guys. Andd when an actual event transpires, they all write exactly the same piece. A handful might go the other way, but there is no reward for original thinking there.

What would the response on this board if Clayton had ranked Fitz as, say #8? Would anyone say he was a douche, a crazy person, an a-hole? Of course not!--Suddenly he would be the smartest sports guy in the world, right? All past sins would be forgiven.

Sports writers endlessly repeating what others have written and reported on? Shocking!

Why get upset over this? Who cares? Nothing new is written by these guys. Andd when an actual event transpires, they all write exactly the same piece. A handful might go the other way, but there is no reward for original thinking there.

What would the response on this board if Clayton had ranked Fitz as, say #8? Would anyone say he was a douche, a crazy person, an a-hole? Of course not!--Suddenly he would be the smartest sports guy in the world, right? All past sins would be forgiven.

Not really I'd probably say Clayton has Fitz a quite overrated. Just like I'm saying Fitz is not the 27th worst QB in the league by a long shot, there is no reason somebody would come up with that ranking unless by pure ignorance.

Edited by muffmonster