Detroit makes me nervous...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're supposed to be afraid of teams with tough defensive fronts? Take it as a challenge, you'd think we were playing the Pats* at their prime.

Besides, as others have mentioned starters will barely be out there.

They have a obscenely talented Defensive line and we have an offensive line that is passable on their best days. These guys need to find their A-game and bring it.

Chan better start working overtime on protection schemes so Fitz doesn't get killed by Suh, Fairley, Bosch, and Averil. I just want this team to get through this next game without losing any key starters.

I don't think we need to be nervous about the 4th preseason game - you know, the one where the starters typically don't play too much.

I do have to say - I don't know what Belicheat wanted from the game vs. the Lions. Winning might or might not have been on his agenda.

But I doubt Belicheat's "want list" included the ass wh**ing his first string got. They did NOT look good, leading one to wonder - are the Pats really that bad, or are the Lions really that good now?

Time (and the regular season) will tell.

It's the fourth preseason game. Odds are Fitz and most of the starters sit. Plus, Fairley has been out all preseason recovering from foot surgery, and is likely to miss the season opener.

If Fairley is out that will be good, though Suh is the guy with the edge; getting quite a reputation for head-hunting and body-slamming QBs ala Dalton and Cutler. Just need to double up on him or keep Jackson in to slow him up I guess.

This thread is on par with some of the worst ever started on TSW. For crying out loud, someone is actually "scared" of being beaten up by another team in a preseason game?

Wow. Just wow. :doh:

Wow...back at you.

I don't know if "scared" was ever mentioned, but nervous about losing Fitz to a meaningless preseason game did. Or are you jazzed about seeing Thigpen as the starter this year?

It's trash like your comments that make normal people not want to post on the Wall, but I have seen your topics and comments before so its no surprise and definitely not going to make me stop posting. Been posting here since it was a board on the D&C and have seen more than my share of inflated virtual egos and posters that thrived on antagonism.

Do you have anything meaningful to add eball, or do you just troll along grading the quality of posts by your "lofty" standards?

I received decent feedback on this post from folks including the fact that Fairley has been injured most of the preseason - I did not know that, and I find that interesting considering our match-up. That is what posting a topic is about.

Telling folks to stay on topic, blanket statements that all Bills fans are "chicken littles", oh and my personal favorite was the implication we were going to have a "get-healthy" first quarter offense against Denver because they were missing two defensive starters... really? Have I ever crapped on any of your stellar posts?

No.

If you don't like a topic I start, feel free to get bent & move along sans the grading stupidity.

Where is Nervous Guy when you need him?

This game is nothing to be nervous about, just a final tuneup. I don't expect to see Fitz play beyond the 1st quarter, maybe not even beyond the 1st series, so not too concerned about his health. Same with the rest of our key guys.

More concerned with seeing lots of play from the guys 'on the bubble'. Can Wang cut it? (Am rooting for the guy to make the squad - like the 'back-story'...and the 1.3 billion potential jersey sales!) Is there enough room for Big Mike? (Who doesn't love '69'?) Which of our remaining 10 WRs and 5 TEs get visits from The Turk?

Now we're gettin' real close to real football...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Why? They will all buy counterfeit chinese jerseys anyway, so their yuan won't contribute a damned thing to our economy or our team.

Even if they did all buy authentics, Ralph would just use the money to line his coffin anyway. Haven't you heard? Ralph is cheap, and he is trying to take all his money with him.

Edited by Erik Flowers

Why? They will all buy counterfeit chinese jerseys anyway, so their yuan won't contribute a damned thing to our economy or our team.

Even if they did all buy authentics, Ralph would just use the money to line his coffin anyway. Haven't you heard? Ralph is cheap, and he is trying to take all his money with him.

Nothing to do with monies, revenues, licensing, economics, etc., etc. - none of that interests me, I find it quite boring actually, and long-ago beaten to death on this board.

I just like the idea of the world's most populous nation adopting the Bills as its home team, and Bills jerseys all over Beijing, besides the nice 'back-story' of 2 Olympian parents, and a brother that also plays football for VT.

(Maybe we should draft another Wang and Adcock? B-) )

Edited by The Senator

I've never truly rooted for any other team, but I have always held a soft spot for the Lions - I do have some distant family there. So, while I hope we whip them this weekend, and I pray that someone manages to keep Kong away from our QB (and don't piss him off please), I would really like to see Detroit do well this year.

Wow...back at you.

I don't know if "scared" was ever mentioned, but nervous about losing Fitz to a meaningless preseason game did. Or are you jazzed about seeing Thigpen as the starter this year?

It's trash like your comments that make normal people not want to post on the Wall, but I have seen your topics and comments before so its no surprise and definitely not going to make me stop posting. Been posting here since it was a board on the D&C and have seen more than my share of inflated virtual egos and posters that thrived on antagonism.

Do you have anything meaningful to add eball, or do you just troll along grading the quality of posts by your "lofty" standards?

I received decent feedback on this post from folks including the fact that Fairley has been injured most of the preseason - I did not know that, and I find that interesting considering our match-up. That is what posting a topic is about.

Telling folks to stay on topic, blanket statements that all Bills fans are "chicken littles", oh and my personal favorite was the implication we were going to have a "get-healthy" first quarter offense against Denver because they were missing two defensive starters... really? Have I ever crapped on any of your stellar posts?

No.

If you don't like a topic I start, feel free to get bent & move along sans the grading stupidity.

Hey man, sometimes the truth hurts. This is an inane topic. The coaches don't plan on playing starters more than a series or two, and anyone who has followed NFL football for more than one year knows it.

As for my own posts and threads, sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. That's life.

Go Bills.

Hey man, sometimes the truth hurts. This is an inane topic. The coaches don't plan on playing starters more than a series or two, and anyone who has followed NFL football for more than one year knows it.

As for my own posts and threads, sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. That's life.

Go Bills.

It was just a topic like any other.

Haters always be hating :wallbash:

If you think the post is inane you are entitled to your opinion. And BTW thanks for the backhanded comment about anyone who has followed football for more than a year - typical of what I have seen from you lately. With the lockout most folks that follow NFL football know that this is not your typical year and with less time to work out the kinks in camp and with all the personnel changes coaches may approach that last preseason game differently. Perhaps play their starters longer - who knows.

Some may find that a worthwhile discussion, although it apparently does not meet your standards. As I said before, "just move along then".

If you wanted to say that you think they will not play the starters for too long, then say that without all the negative editorial. Editorial that you may be surprised to find, does not lend your posts any more credibility than the next guy that thinks they know more about the game than anyone else.

Talking down to everyone does not mean that your opinions are better than theirs - just that you think they are.

It was just a topic like any other.

Haters always be hating :wallbash:

If you think the post is inane you are entitled to your opinion. And BTW thanks for the backhanded comment about anyone who has followed football for more than a year - typical of what I have seen from you lately. With the lockout most folks that follow NFL football know that this is not your typical year and with less time to work out the kinks in camp and with all the personnel changes coaches may approach that last preseason game differently. Perhaps play their starters longer - who knows.

Some may find that a worthwhile discussion, although it apparently does not meet your standards. As I said before, "just move along then".

If you wanted to say that you think they will not play the starters for too long, then say that without all the negative editorial. Editorial that you may be surprised to find, does not lend your posts any more credibility than the next guy that thinks they know more about the game than anyone else.

Talking down to everyone does not mean that your opinions are better than theirs - just that you think they are.

What your OP really boils down to is a generic "I don't want my team's starters to get hurt in the preseason" sentiment that is shared by everyone. It's like saying, "I plan to be outside tomorrow so I really hope it doesn't rain." It's nothing more and nothing less, which is why I reacted to it the way I did. Sorry for offending you.

FITZ SHOULDN'T EVEN BE PLAYING IN THIS GAME. Neither should Fred or Stevie. Spiller is expendable so he should get the bulk of the carries.

And I'm sure they won't much.

Not so sure about "expendable", but Spiller clearly needs the reps so I agree with you there.