I did it. I got Jasper's #69 jersey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper is huge but not from fat.

PTR

Exactly, PTR. While I'm sure Big Mike doesn't miss too many meals, everything he's done so far seems to indicate that he's in great athletic condition.

I'm really hoping he makes the cut (and pretty sure he will) - his is just the kind of story that the media loves to talk about. The 'talking heads' will love the guy, and he'll bring lots of positive attention to the Bills.

Had no idea I was on TV. Did they focus on me and Mike?

PTR

They showed a line of all the fans meeting the players whose #'s they were wearing - it was late in the game I think Q4), if you'll be watching a tape-delay. (Kind of hard to miss big #69!)

Edited by The Senator

William 'The Fridge' Perry was obese. Everyone loved 'The Fridge'.

I don't think Jasper is "massively obese" - he's just a massively huge man, with freakish mobility and athleticism for a human of that size!

He's also a great guy and, if he makes the active roster (which I think he will), adds a lot of personality to this young Bills team. Personally, I hope to see him carry the ball a few times on 1st and goal, just like Perry did for Da Bearsss!

Exactly! People forget, one of the few "success" stories the Bills have had in recent years, in developing a player, was turning Jason Peters (a pretty huge guy too) from an undrafted Tight End project, into one of the highest paid Left Tackles in the NFL. It didn't end up working out so great (for us anyways) in the end, but if nothing else, I trust Chan Gailey to coach players, and make them into better players...I didn't have that faith in the previous coaching regime.

Had no idea I was on TV. Did they focus on me and Mike?

PTR

When they showed that segment of the fans getting the jerseys, you're one of the fans we saw the most, you looked like you were joking around with Jasper about how the jersey fit you, correct me if him wrong, but it was fun to see...

When they showed that segment of the fans getting the jerseys, you're one of the fans we saw the most, you looked like you were joking around with Jasper about how the jersey fit you, correct me if him wrong, but it was fun to see...

You stood out for sure! I thought to myself - boy if that guy was a few years younger, the Bills should sign him.

Exactly! People forget, one of the few "success" stories the Bills have had in recent years, in developing a player, was turning Jason Peters (a pretty huge guy too) from an undrafted Tight End project, into one of the highest paid Left Tackles in the NFL. It didn't end up working out so great (for us anyways) in the end, but if nothing else, I trust Chan Gailey to coach players, and make them into better players...I didn't have that faith in the previous coaching regime.

We did get Eric Wood out of it, not to mention a couple of years of Pro Bowl caliber left tackle-ing.

hey promo.....when you were walking off the field....was that you carrying your blue #69 jersey and wearing a bills white jersey?.....i think it was an Edwards jersey.

Yes, the $10 Edwards special! :lol: The #69 jersey was so small I didn't want to tear it. I wore it long enough to get it signed. FYI, I posted that pic on Jasper's Facebook page and he wrote to thank me.

I took a dozen really good pics while on the field. I will post them by tomorrow.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

When you saw the man whose jersey you were wearing was running to you, you thought of Bo Derek in 10, didn't you?

BE HONEST.

(Seriously, congrats!)

When you saw the man whose jersey you were wearing was running to you, you thought of Bo Derek in 10, didn't you?

BE HONEST.

Well Mike does have those dreadlocks, like Bo Derek... :blush:

It was also funny how Jasper was the last guy to emerge from the pack of Bills. I had my phone camera ready to snap when Mt. Jasper emerged from the mist. Very dramatic.

BTW, any of you guys who have the ability to capture video clips, can you grab the shot of me and Jasper for me?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Saw that besides Mount Jasper, you were standing right next to Eric Wood and pretty close to Andy Levitre.

Did you get a chance to exchange pleasantries with either of those two?

Not really. We only had seconds to greet our own player so that talking to another wasn't possible. I could tell that Wood was really friendly to his fan, like Jasper was to me. One funny side note: Wood did do a double take looking at me. I'm much bigger than him. In fact, to me, he looked too small to be on the O-line.

Some of you in the stadium may have seen Jags kicker Josh Scobee talking to us. He asked why we were there and thought it was a cool thing for the Bills to do. I thought every NFL team did this?

By the way the new turf felt great. It must be one of the best fields in the league now.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not really. We only had seconds to greet our own player so that talking to another wasn't possible. I could tell that Wood was really friendly to his fan, like Jasper was to me. One funny side note: Wood did do a double take looking at me. I'm much bigger than him. In fact, to me, he looked too small to be on the O-line.

Some of you in the stadium may have seen Jags kicker Josh Scobee talking to us. He asked why we were there and thought it was a cool thing for the Bills to do. I thought every NFL team did this?

By the way the new turf felt great. It must be one of the best fields in the league now.

PTR

i noticed that.....it looked like the group exited the field in numerical order and i was looking for #69.....when i saw ya, the first thing i thought was....dang, i wonder if he played the game.

regarding the field, i was fixated on the players shoes for awhile and how cushy the field looked based on their feet going a good one inch depressed into the turf.

i noticed that.....it looked like the group exited the field in numerical order and i was looking for #69.....when i saw ya, the first thing i thought was....dang, i wonder if he played the game.

regarding the field, i was fixated on the players shoes for awhile and how cushy the field looked based on their feet going a good one inch depressed into the turf.

The turf had a lot of give to it. Gives me even more appreciation for a player's speed. It must take twice as much energy on a field that gives under your feet.

PTR

You have to have fans before you have a fan appreciation event.

Congrats, bet it was a fun night.