Would You Rather?

ohioandy

Posluszny vs. Barnett  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do your prefer?

I don't think too many people will doubt Barnett is a better player once the season starts. Pozluzny was a high character guy with the ability to tackle players well after initial contact, and in most cases 5-7 yards down field. that's more a testament to his ability to read a play than the weakness of the defensive front.

Poz is good at the following:

1) Having bad haircuts.

2) Finally tackling running backs 10 yards downfield.

3) Being Polish.

4) Letting running backs drag him an extra few yards every time after first contact.

5) Being white.

6) Racking up misleading stats.

7) Fleecing the Jags for millions because he vaguely reminds someone of a young Jack Del Rio.

I was upset because the line being towed was that Nix is interested in "building through the draft" and when the time comes to resign a talented young player that we drafted, we (again) ship him off to another team without getting anything for him. If we have no interest in resigning our draft picks, we should at least trade them and not simply wait for their contracts to expire and wave goodbye.

I don't think too many people will doubt Barnett is a better player once the season starts. Pozluzny was a high character guy with the ability to tackle players well after initial contact, and in most cases 5-7 yards down field. that's more a testament to his ability to read a play than the weakness of the defensive front.

No, that's a testament of a sucky ass defensive line. If the DL isn't winning the battle on the trenches, I don't care if your Ray Lewis, most of your tackles willbe downfield 5-7 yards. Not Pozs fault.

I was upset because the line being towed was that Nix is interested in "building through the draft" and when the time comes to resign a talented young player that we drafted, we (again) ship him off to another team without getting anything for him. If we have no interest in resigning our draft picks, we should at least trade them and not simply wait for their contracts to expire and wave goodbye.

If he stays around long enough we will see if chan nix re-sign their own picks. Seems to give "their guys" second chances a la merrimen, Davis, thigpen, etc. As for me I feel today, right now it is an upgrade, let's hope that materializes. In general dl improvements should result in better lb play anyway.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

All bets are off when it's a guy that Nix didn't draft, though. I think you'll see more of an effort to resign our productive guys from the last two draft classes as they become solid players. We have a LOT of young raw talent, particularly on D. Hopefully Wannstedt can coach these kids up and we end up with some home grown talent that sticks around for a long time.