Gailey just motivating the line with the moves he is making

I see the switch at LT and LG as a way to light a fire under the butts of the players. AL was moved without knowing why. Now it comes out that AL is a lock for starting but it depends where. CG was geting AL's attention...now he is getting Bell's attention. I think the line will ultimately be what what it has been since the beginning of camp with Bell and AL at their respective spots.

I could see the line making some changes to be honest. Could tuen out a few different ways IMO:

LT Levitre

LG Rhineheart

C Wood

RG Ubrik

RT Pears/Bell

or maybe they split Ubrik with Hang for more experience on the line. Or maybe it stays the way it is. Who knows at this point. I do agree though. CG may be just making some of these moves to light a fire under thier @sses. Or who knows, maybe he's trying to unite the team by making them all hate the coaching staff. At least they will be a complete unit with alot of hate towards something.

He could stick a bonfire up there and it isn't going to suddenly give them talent they don't already possess....

ding ding ding ding ding

Gailey isn't trying to motivate, he's trying to find that elusive combination of grit necessasry to polish a turd.

I see the switch at LT and LG as a way to light a fire under the butts of the players. AL was moved without knowing why. Now it comes out that AL is a lock for starting but it depends where. CG was geting AL's attention...now he is getting Bell's attention. I think the line will ultimately be what what it has been since the beginning of camp with Bell and AL at their respective spots.

You end the last season with Bell, Pears, Wang and Wrotto as your OTs.

You bring in one new tackle ... a 4th round draft pick.

You try for the best OT in free agency and you do not get that done.

Your twenty something million under the cap but you do not bring in any other players for OT?

---- Yes, Chan is trying to make something out of this mess.

The rotation at left tackle has certainly been a wake-up call for Bell, who was taken aback by the new arrangement.

“It came as a shock, but that’s the nature of the business,” said Bell. “You have to understand that. I just have to come out here and keep getting better.”

Bell has worked to do just that, spending extra time after practice to work on his pass sets and his drive blocking.

“I’m not where I want to be, but I’m getting there so I’ve just got to keep working toward it,” said Bell. “Keep working on my run blocking, my pass blocking and working on my technique.”

Say what you want - but without the changes this week- Bell doesn't stay after practice and take extra time to work on his game, and have a sense of urgency to step it up and make himself better.

Bell

:thumbsup: Edited by RealityCheck

What I can't figure out, last year other than RT, they weren't terrible, maybe not great, but appeared to be improving, this seemed to regress.

For God's sake, they looked bad in their second pre-season game. That's it, that's all of it. The coach is moving players around to motivate them and to see if some other arrangement might help them get better. I expect them to play at least as well as they did in the second half of last season, which is by no means as well as we ought to hope the o-line to be. But I don't see a lot of bulletproof o-line play around the league at this point in the pre-season, or even in the regular season. How many teams are happy with their o-line play? There's a dearth of exceptional o-linemen relative to other positions in the league; hell, first rate-LTs are rarer than first rate QBs.