Positive 11' Bills Discussion

eme123

Lets start a positive discussion about the 11' Bills. We all know there are some negatives to talk about which are included in every other thread on this board. So if you can't handle a glass half full mentality (Winners Mentality) then don't bother posting.

I'm going to start a confrontation and say that I'm feeling positive about the recent changes on the O-Line. The Bills obviously feel pretty strong about the development of Chad Rhinehart which frees up a very versatile Levitre. Levitre has alot of experience at LT and will likely give Bell some hefty competition at that spot. If it wasn't for his short arms he would be a LT in the NFL already. Pears has looked serviceable at RT in the pre season so far and has been quiet. Quiet on the O-line is a good thing. Urbik started out this pre season terrible and has showed some improvement. Wood is nice and stiff in the middle.

One reason i see this O-line getting alot better is the competition they have going in practice every day. Competition for starting spots all over the line such as Bell vs. Levitre, Levitre vs. Rhinehart, Hangartner vs. Urbik. Every day this o-line has to deal with a bigger, stronger, and heavier defense. I really think this will help them improve leverage. Also, going up against talents like Kyle Williams, Dareus, Merriman will make them better with their hands.

What do you guys have thats positive about the 11' Bills??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this thread. I'm a glass half full guy, but over the last week, have been really down on this team (and yet we haven't even played a game yet).

A few positives to me:

a) dramatically improved run defense;

b) the further development of a pretty good group of young defensive players (Batten, Carrington, Troupe, and Moats);

c) the excitement Brad Smith will bring to the offense

Thurman Thomas says hi! :oops:

bahhhh, that is good point, LB! :doh:

However...I'll stick by it. I am not saying that Dareus is a HoF like Thurmal, but the truth is he is the greatest impact player I have seen us draft since Bruce.

Thurman did it through out his career, but I don't think we started off thinking he was going to end up where he did.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The offense may not look all that great right now, but I feel that since it's the second year in the Gailey scheme and a season with no QB battles they players should know each other's tendencies by now. As long the offense can move the ball like they did last year, our new defense will keep us in more games than last year, thus giving us a better record than last year.

I think this team compares well to any team we've had in the past 5 years.

1) Fitz is a better quarterback then anyone we've had since '04

2) We have more young talent on offense especially at WR

3) The defensive (has hopefully) improved on a weakness from last year in the run defense and and finally has quality depth on the defensive line.

I'm still pretty optimistic on this team for the year. I hope they find a way to win 3 out of the first 4 (KC, OAK, NE, CIN) and shoot some life into the organization and the fan base

I think Gailey is a good coach and has assembled a competent staff. Regardless of how he is hamstrung by personnel decisions being made by bean counters, I feel confident Chan will get the most out of these guys.

New uniforms rock.

Defense should be significantly better.

That's all I got.

I like this thread. I'm a glass half full guy, but over the last week, have been really down on this team (and yet we haven't even played a game yet).

A few positives to me:

a) dramatically improved run defense;

b) the further development of a pretty good group of young defensive players (Batten, Carrington, Troupe, and Moats);

c) the excitement Brad Smith will bring to the offense

He could be a starting quarterback if he wasn't so dumb.

great thread.

to me, the positives are that we started 0-8 last year, and finished 4-4. the last 3 games of our 0-8 stretch, we lost by 3 points each.

we were clearly a team on the rise last year, and to me, it's exciting that the front office is getting rid of players on this team that have contributed to a DECADE of losing. i don't think anyone here could say with confidence they like the way the bills have been playing in the last decade, so how they could turn around and complain that we need to keep evans, or poz, or fred jackson, or ANYONE for that matter, is beyond me.

i think, gailey and nix have a vision. big football players in the trenches, athletic playmakers on the wings and in the backfield.

to get to where they want to be is going to take time. a football roster isn't a basketball roster - its 53 positions that need to be turned over. 3-4-5 years of rebuilding is fine with me, as long as we continue to see progress. for me, i saw A LOT of progress from week 1 to week 17 last year, and im optimistic it's going to happen again.

furthermore, when you look at our schedule, there's really only 3 games (2 new england, 1 philly) that i look at as it would be a miracle if we win. i mean, theres a full THIRTEEN games on this schedule, that when i sit down in front of the tv, with a beer in hand, i'm going to be dissapointed if we lose. this is a really good schedule for us this year.

everyone is jumping ship because we lost a SCRIMMAGE in which our coach basically said were not blitzing, were not helping on the o-line, im just going to analyze position by position who can do what in space without help. ITS THE PRESEASON. IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER.

and if it does matter, 3 of our first 4 games in the regular season are against teams that are, you guessed it, 0-2 this preseason.

it's going to be the best year following the bills since 04. im confident of it.

Thurman Thomas says hi! :oops:

Just to stir the pot on this one. "best pick since Bruce." To me that potentially makes sense. Bruce is 'arguably' the best DE ever. Thurman usually does not get mention as a top 5 RB of all time...though I absolutely loved the guy. Hence, if Dareus has a Bruce like career he would, theoretically, have only Bruce as a measuring stick. semantics...but just saying.

Positives: loved the draft this year. Dareus: enough said. Williams and Sheppard: great potential and on paper good fits for what we are doing. White: might be a steal. Jasper: Hall of Famer. :w00t:

Lets start a positive discussion about the 11' Bills. We all know there are some negatives to talk about which are included in every other thread on this board. So if you can't handle a glass half full mentality (Winners Mentality) then don't bother posting.

I'm going to start a confrontation and say that I'm feeling positive about the recent changes on the O-Line. The Bills obviously feel pretty strong about the development of Chad Rhinehart which frees up a very versatile Levitre. Levitre has alot of experience at LT and will likely give Bell some hefty competition at that spot. If it wasn't for his short arms he would be a LT in the NFL already. Pears has looked serviceable at RT in the pre season so far and has been quiet. Quiet on the O-line is a good thing. Urbik started out this pre season terrible and has showed some improvement. Wood is nice and stiff in the middle.

One reason i see this O-line getting alot better is the competition they have going in practice every day. Competition for starting spots all over the line such as Bell vs. Levitre, Levitre vs. Rhinehart, Hangartner vs. Urbik. Every day this o-line has to deal with a bigger, stronger, and heavier defense. I really think this will help them improve leverage. Also, going up against talents like Kyle Williams, Dareus, Merriman will make them better with their hands.

What do you guys have thats positive about the 11' Bills??

Unlike yourself, I think the 2011 Offensive Line will be a disaster, but where I do see some big improvement is on the Run Defense. It can't get any worse, and with Darius and hopefully (fingers crossed) healthy linebackers behind them, it has to improve.