Bills Breakout Player(s) This Year

Sorry if this has been done before.

Every year the Bills seem to have some player(s) who come out of nowhere to have a great season (Stevie J, Kyle Williams, Freddie, Byrd, etc. in previous years). Who do you think will be a pleasant surprise this year?

-I really think Spiller will surprise some people. He still makes alot of rookie mistakes but it sounds like he'll be getting alot more reps this year which could turn him into a very dynamic player once he picks up on the nuances.

-Easley. He does the same thing Stevie J did at first. He's elusive, is able to create sepatation, but sometimes gets alligator arms and drops passes when he hears footsteps. He's still technically a rookie, so I think he'll get over his mental blocks. I seem him dropping some passes this year, but I think he'll put up decent numbers.

-I really really want to say McKelvin becuase his talent is incredible, but he hasn't shown anything that would jusify such a prediction. So instead, I'm gonna go with Aaron Williams. I hated this pick on draft day, but I've heard nothing but good things during camp, and he's looked really good in the two pre-season games thusfar. He doesn't look intimidated, loves to get physical, seems to have that football instinct, and has a great deal of athleticism. I'm starting to like this kid already. I really hope he gets a chance to play with the first team.

Scott Chandler will prove to be the best TE the Bills have had in yrs

I could see that.

Although, it wouldn't be saying much. The Bills always fail to address the TE situation. Most good teams have a TE who is a legitimate receiving threat. Hopefully, Chandler can develop into one.

Just adding to some names all ready posted.

T. Troupe

A. Carrington

Would Merriman be considered a breakout player at this stage in his career?

He would certainly be a prime candidate for comeback player of the year...

What's the difference. They all suck. Ralph is cheap. Refuses to pay for real talent. He's old and miserly. The bottle of sleeping tablets on my bedside table is getting fuzzy. The empty bottle of Jack Daniels just fell out of my cold, limp hand and rolled across the floor... I can see the light... I'm going home now... Hi Grandpa...

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Absolutely. I don't think Marcell or Merriman would be a surprise though, which is why I didn't mention them.

At this point, any Bill that has a breakout year is going to be at least a mild surprise. This has been a punchles/starless team for a decade. Take nothing for granted.

Kelsay, I am dead serious to this isn't sarcastic.

With Merriman coming from one side and Kyle Williams and Dareus taking up blockers in the middle I honestly believe Kelsay is going to have the biggest year of his career, especially from a pass rush stand point.

What's the difference. They all suck. Ralph is cheap. Refuses to pay for real talent. He's old and miserly. The bottle of sleeping tablets on my bedside table is getting fuzzy. The empty bottle of Jack Daniels just fell out of my cold, limp hand and rolled across the floor... I can see the light... I'm going home now... Hi Grandpa...

Jack Daniels bottles roll?

I could see that.

Although, it wouldn't be saying much. The Bills always fail to address the TE situation. Most good teams have a TE who is a legitimate receiving threat. Hopefully, Chandler can develop into one.

thats very true it wouldnt be saying much. but i'd atleast expect him to put up better numbers than Robert Royal which shouldnt be too hard haha. I see something like a 40 500 6 td season?