Jackson upset is not good

26TrapDraw

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

Edited by LVBillsBackr

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the mosy consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

What's the difference? They can't look any more like buffoons than they do already. Jackson's on the wrong side of 30 and won't get another extension from the Bills. That sucks but it's truth.

In Gaileys interview after todays practice (here) he said that he thought that both Fred and CJ were #1 backs and that Fred was 'slightly ahead.'

I do like CJ's potential playmaking ability, but I would prefer Freds consistency in everything. He's a solid runner, receiver, and blocker. From the last game, I saw that CJ still has a lot to learn about blocking. CJ also doesn't that 1-2 extra yards when the play seems over like Fred does.

I think Fred is right that he doesn't get enough respect, I it should be bluntly stated that he is our #1 back going into the season.

We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play. The NFL is full of broken hearts. Suck it up and do what you're asked.

PTR

Eh, not so sure about that. If CJ is struggling with blocking in practice - then forcing him into the game isn't going to help. Fitz got sacked from the left side while CJ stood to his right unaware anything was happening against Denver. That isn't helping his situation.

Jackson's feelings have to be the least of Gailey's worries. No one's job should be guaranteed coming off 4-12 and getting bullied all over the field in Denver. Team needs to get tougher and meaner. Jackson certainly isn't the problem, but think Gailey is trying to change the culture of losing.

We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play. The NFL is full of broken hearts. Suck it up and do what you're asked.

PTR

I usually get a big kick out of trolling Promo, but I must say that in this case he is dead on the money.

Jackson is a 30 year old running back. Yes, he's a good player. No, he is not the future for this team. They aren't going to the playoffs this year anyways, so if the team is building towards something good a couple seasons down the road it would be very helpful if Spiller emerged into a legitimate weapon.

Jackson is a decent running back on a bad team. He will get plenty of touches anyways, it's not like Spiller is going to take 400 carries.

Edited by NaPolian8693

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the mosy consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

Fred Jackson is the best offensive player the Bills have had in years. ALL heart. He is the equivalent of Kyle Williams on Defense. All those guys do is work hard all the time. Guys like Jackson need to be rewarded, not made to feel unwanted.Oddly the Bills give a sub par lineback like Chris Kelsey a huge contract extension that he is undeserving of but a workhorse like Jackson is kept in the dark. Brilliant. Maybe they can trade him for another 4th rounder. The Patriots would LOVE to have Jackson. This organization sucks. Period.

Edited by BuffaloWest

Fred Jackson is the best offensive player the Bills have had in years. ALL heart. He is the equivalent of Kyle Williams on Defense. All those guys do is work hard all the time. Guys like Jackson need to be rewarded, not made to feel unwanted.Oddly the Bills give a sub par lineback like Chris Kelsey a huge contract extension that he is undeserving of but a workhorse like Jackson is kept in the dark. Brilliant. Maybe they can trade him for another 4th rounder. The Patriots would LOVE to have Jackson. This organization sucks. Period.

Nice post. No doubt that Belicheck would start Freddy.

Eh, not so sure about that. If CJ is struggling with blocking in practice - then forcing him into the game isn't going to help. Fitz got sacked from the left side while CJ stood to his right unaware anything was happening against Denver. That isn't helping his situation.

Couple that play with a contrasting one made by FJ - a terrific block in the Denver game (cant remember the drive) and I can see this situation being unsustainable unless CJ totally turns the corner.

PTR

Maybin was picked in the first round and his lame @$$ was dropped. When you perform, you should play.

Best offensive player period.

Hardest worker period.

Great teammate

Great human being

Overcomer

Overachiever

Passionate

Leader

Class act

Selfless

Falls forward, keeps legs moving, phenomenal blocker, good hands, nice cutting ability, runs wr routes

I try to support the bills no matter what, poz leaving upset me, the Evans trade upset me, but this constant blatant disrespect for our leader if !@#$ing making me angry!

WTF else does this guy need to do?

To everybody who says he is on the wrong side of 30, age is a number, he had low miles.

Sometimes I get the feeling this organization is so used to being in rebuilding mode, they just can't stop tinkering and messing with things...I have to say, trading Evans made me really wonder about this team, and now, the alienation that seems to be going on with Jackson, is really starting to make me have a hard time liking this team. It's almost as if they are acting like Jackson is only good because he is cheap...he is the best running back this team has had in a decade, a good guy, and a respected team leader...why can't they placate him? I understand, Spiller needs his time...they invested a lot in him...but let him earn it, damn it!

Well, if nothing else this proves that there are worse GMs out there than Nix.

Jackson just signed a new deal in 2009. Why would you want to give a running back over 30 a new longterm deal?

Giving the young guy that will soon take over some more reps is not making someone feel unwanted. He will get plenty of chances this year. A few years down the road he will be retired and the organization will be much better off if Spiller is a productive player.

It's running back. They swap in and out all the time. It's not like quarterback where one guy plays the whole game.

Bills fans think Kyle Williams and Fred Williams are like, the saviors of the franchise or something. Don't get me wrong, I love underlooked overacheivers as much as the next guy, but lets get real. Spiller is running behind the worst O-Line in the NFL, he deserves some slack. His blocking is poor, I'll give you that. But guess what? He is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. He's played for only 1 season and Bills fans are already clamoring for a 30 year old RB from Coe College to get more snaps again. I love the story. I love Fred's grit and his consistency, but objectively speaking, you want Spiller to touch the ball way more than Fred. He's just got more to offer in terms of natural ability, its that simple. And the only way he'll get better in terms of blocking and hitting the right holes, is via playing.

I love Bills fans and how much we appreciate the hard working underdog, but I'll never understand why a lot of fans cheer when a talent like Lee Evans is traded so that some undrafted WR can be our number 2 receiver. Or how Jason Peters is an overrated bum so lets trade him and start an undrafted guy like Demetrius Bell ( I understand Peters was undrafted at a time). Or Roscoe Parrish is just terrible, he should be cut in favor of Naaman Roosevelt. I mean, this stuff is just crazy. I share the frustration when our most physically gifted players don't perform, but there needs to be some objectivity in the conversation. Fred Jackson deserves much more credit than he gets, but he's a 30 year old RB and Spiller is a top 10 draft pick who is entering his sophomore season. Why would Chan not say its CJ's job to lose when he's clearly the more talented guy? Fred will get his reps, but you have to use Spiller if you have him on your team.

Careful...you are treading on thin ice. There is a growing legion of Bills fans who seem to be bigger fans of the Bills making thrifty, cost-cutting moves, than they are of watching a good football team. If you don't see things their way, you are not "true fan" and should just go away..after all, we should be happy to have a team, period. :rolleyes:

I would like to know what people think that CJ does better than Fred. I know CJ is faster. We've been told he is highly elusive, but from what I've seen he hasn't outperformed Fred. He's not better at catching. He's not better at blocking. "Fred is on the wrong side of 30!" Fred is outperforming this young 20-something. Make CJ earn it and both he and the Bills will be better for it.