Survivor-South Pacific

WWVaBeach

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from coach and jim, this has got to be the biggest band of retards ever assembled on survivor. (and that's saying a lot, given the morons last year). I really wish they'd go back to actually having auditions and casting a wide variety of people from all ages and all walks of life. This making half the contestants frat boys and sorority girls gets really old. Turns the show into the "real world." As for the players:

I'm rooting for coach. i love the guy, he's hilarious, and smart, and seems to be playing the game much smarter now. Brandon is an idiot. He needs to go asap. Ozzy has turned into a frickin weirdo. He was cool his first 2 turns on the game, and now he's this weird pot head. Mikayla is hot. And she kicks ass in challenges. Jim is the only other survivor worth a damn. The nerdy kid is neurotic, but it'd be fun to see if he could flip the game on ozzy.

Aside from coach and jim, this has got to be the biggest band of retards ever assembled on survivor. (and that's saying a lot, given the morons last year). I really wish they'd go back to actually having auditions and casting a wide variety of people from all ages and all walks of life. This making half the contestants frat boys and sorority girls gets really old. Turns the show into the "real world." As for the players:

I'm rooting for coach. i love the guy, he's hilarious, and smart, and seems to be playing the game much smarter now. Brandon is an idiot. He needs to go asap. Ozzy has turned into a frickin weirdo. He was cool his first 2 turns on the game, and now he's this weird pot head. Mikayla is hot. And she kicks ass in challenges. Jim is the only other survivor worth a damn. The nerdy kid is neurotic, but it'd be fun to see if he could flip the game on ozzy.

I want to see the Dragon Slayer win it all, too

Disagree on Ozzy, I've always thought that he was a douche.... but I've always been a Coach fan, right with you there, Coach FTW! :thumbsup:

In the preview, Ozzy says he is now a "free agent" and from the looks of it, he was throwing the immunity challenge. Way to be kitty-footed because his lady-interest got it... even if she is damn hot. Ozzy, you don't play Survivor to form long-term romantic attachments. By the by, Elyse was just wrapping him around her little finger anyway. Don't know what Ozzy's tack is here --- maybe he wants to go to Redemption because he thinks he can physically beat anyone (a la Matt) until the merge and then join ranks with the Blue team. Whatever his plan, Ozzy seriously misplayed his idol find, as well as his "If I were Coach, I'd get rid of Albert now" comment.

Gotta say that I'm rooting for Mikayla. Not because she's "hot" (the buff she wears turban-style does nothing for her WRT making her face seen 3 sizes too small for her body or the jutting ears), but because how she's handled Brandon's dumb ass. For as much as he says he's a Christian and wants to do the right thing, he 1) targeted her for being sexually attractive / wanted to get rid of her because he had impure thoughts and then 2) when he called everyone together and tried to apologize after the council where he was outed for his lies... it ended up not being an apology at all, but a further back-handed attempt to put a scarlet letter on the girl, all while saying he wants to be a good person. Dude needs to talk less about being a good person and redeeming the Hantz name and just... be a good person. Interesting to note the alliance-within-the-alliance in Blue of Albert, Sophie and Coach, made all the stronger with the idol. Discord on Team Red, consolidation on Team Blue.

In the preview, Ozzy says he is now a "free agent" and from the looks of it, he was throwing the immunity challenge. Way to be kitty-footed because his lady-interest got it... even if she is damn hot. Ozzy, you don't play Survivor to form long-term romantic attachments. By the by, Elyse was just wrapping him around her little finger anyway. Don't know what Ozzy's tack is here --- maybe he wants to go to Redemption because he thinks he can physically beat anyone (a la Matt) until the merge and then join ranks with the Blue team. Whatever his plan, Ozzy seriously misplayed his idol find, as well as his "If I were Coach, I'd get rid of Albert now" comment.

Gotta say that I'm rooting for Mikayla. Not because she's "hot" (the buff she wears turban-style does nothing for her WRT making her face seen 3 sizes too small for her body or the jutting ears), but because how she's handled Brandon's dumb ass. For as much as he says he's a Christian and wants to do the right thing, he 1) targeted her for being sexually attractive / wanted to get rid of her because he had impure thoughts and then 2) when he called everyone together and tried to apologize after the council where he was outed for his lies... it ended up not being an apology at all, but a further back-handed attempt to put a scarlet letter on the girl, all while saying he wants to be a good person. Dude needs to talk less about being a good person and redeeming the Hantz name and just... be a good person. Interesting to note the alliance-within-the-alliance in Blue of Albert, Sophie and Coach, made all the stronger with the idol. Discord on Team Red, consolidation on Team Blue.

Yep, Ozzy is playing a surprisingly stupid game so far...I don't know why some of these people can't just stfu. Like you said, why tell others about the idol?? You didn't see B-Rob doing that...And if he's ends up being a whiny biatch next week like it appears from the previews, then he deserves what he gets. You don't give people ammunition like that, especially over some broad you just met. Either he's not nearly as smart as I thought he was, or he just doesn't give a crap.

Yep, Ozzy is playing a surprisingly stupid game so far...I don't know why some of these people can't just stfu. Like you said, why tell others about the idol?? You didn't see B-Rob doing that...And if he's ends up being a whiny biatch next week like it appears from the previews, then he deserves what he gets. You don't give people ammunition like that, especially over some broad you just met. Either he's not nearly as smart as I thought he was, or he just doesn't give a crap.

Actually, I do believe that Ozzy hasn't told anyone. And I think that's the wrong tack given this group. He needs/needed to form a solid core of 3-4 and all he had was a bond with Elyse and an understanding with Keith and Jim that has not been addressed/reinforced in the past couple of weeks. Ozzy's game is nothing like Robfather's... and he doesn't have the luxury of having as stupid/crazy a group to lead around by the nose.

In the preview, Ozzy says he is now a "free agent" and from the looks of it, he was throwing the immunity challenge.

Maybe, he wants to throw it, so they'll go to tribal, where he expects they'll vote him off. But, they don't know he has the idol, so he plays it and someone else gets voted out instead.

Maybe, he wants to throw it, so they'll go to tribal, where he expects they'll vote him off. But, they don't know he has the idol, so he plays it and someone else gets voted out instead.

He already spilled the beans to the tall dude, who went on to tell the hot blonde. That whole tribe knows by now.

He already spilled the beans to the tall dude, who went on to tell the hot blonde. That whole tribe knows by now.

Oh I remember that now.

Jack's scenario makes some sense in a scorched-earth policy, as Team Red is already down a player. Going down by 2 (especially losing Ozzy for challenges... but then again, if he's going throw them because he's kitty-sore then he pushes the issue) would really hurt going toward the merge.

As a strategy, if Ozzy thinks he can get into the Blues' graces by destroying Red like this and then feels he can win individual immunities then he'll go for it. Smart money says this is a mistake tho....

That Blue core is going to be tough to crack. And NO DOUBT that Coach has no intention of letting Ozzy stick around.

Ozzy is an idiot. After Rob+Amber, you can't have your little love interest and be paired off all the time, especially when you're doing nothing. They always vote your girlfriend off, and then go after you.

I like that Whitney had enough in her to pull the switch, and i like her tactics. Numerous times pervisouly, someone could alter the vote by essentially tossing their vote away (as Whitney and Ashton did last night), but not technically going against their alliance.

I'm still rooting for Mikayla and Coach from blue, and Whitney and Jim from red.

This either elevates Ozzy to Survivor God or it blows up in his face in one of several possible ways.

I don't really get why Ozzy would want to go to Redemption to knock out Christine when she's given her old Blue mates the evil eye (and a middle finger) during the challenges.... It doesn't seem too big a thing to assume she could be / could have been tucked into the Red fold.

As was said, it all rests on when the merge happens.

If team Blue (read: Brandon and Rick) actually bought that 'We've been twice blessed! Five minutes after we prayed to God Father ( :unsure: ) to find the idol, it showed up out of the blue!!!' line of bull.

By the looks of it, each team is going to be carrying an idol into the merge and probably looking to leverage it in team play. At least, at this point, that appears to be Blue's groupthink. Ozzy, if he reclaims his idol from Cochran and if the bluff of 'Cochran used the idol' works, might have more personal CYA goals in mind for it.... That's a new tack from what I've seen since I got back into the show. It's been an individual or a small alliance using it, and usually holding it 'til the last time they can use it. Robfather, iirc, didn't tell anyone and didn't even use the idol last year b/c he didn't need to.

I would like Jim all to myself. He's one handsome dude. :wub:

Aww shucks, Lana. :blush:

Oh, you mean Jim from the show....

(Damn!)

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't wait for Wednesday's episode to see how the whole Ozzy at redemption island would work. I'm even more psyched for next week's episode to see the fallout from Cochran's decision to switch.

I was so glad he did that...the show is always much better when you have people willing to stir it up a bit. Especially after Ozzy completely over-acted on redemption island and got nailed for that, I was ready to see someone make a big move that actually WORKED. It was interesting seeing mini-Hantz stick up for him after the vote...and I enjoyed hearing how coach spoke to him behind the scenes, attempting to shed his dragon slayer persona and appeal to Cochran's desire to strike back at the bully :thumbsup:

Coach was awesome this week! Loved that talk with Cochran, "I may be the Dragon Slayer now, but I know what it's like to be picked on." :lol: He may not be in complete command of the tribe like Robfather last season, but he knows exactly what's going on & I think he may know how to win this, hope he can pull it off.

Coach was awesome this week! Loved that talk with Cochran, "I may be the Dragon Slayer now, but I know what it's like to be picked on." :lol: He may not be in complete command of the tribe like Robfather last season, but he knows exactly what's going on & I think he may know how to win this, hope he can pull it off.

Go Dragon Slayer, Go! :w00t: