Survivor-South Pacific

WWVaBeach

1. Brandon is totally frickin' retarded. As I've written before, I hope Russell is slapping him upside the head after each episode. You kinda feel sorry for him with that 'The gang would get something going with another, but when it happened, I was the only one standing there.' This kid needs to put down the bible for a moment and seek professional help. Maybe now we can keep the God-talk at an appropriate level. For all his words, Brandon is as constant as Beyonce's stage wardrobe. I missed a lot of seasons, but there can't possibly have been a more bipolar player than him in the history of the game, and the fact that he survived up until now is owing more to people clinging to some sense that they have to be loyal to their original commitments (especially in consideration of jury votes) than in who they really wanted gone. So here we are: two of THE STUPIDEST decisions ever in one season.

2. How !@#$ a move was that by Albert not to give Immunity back? Even if he gets to the jury, there is no way he wins, based on that move alone. The necklace slipping off him at the end of tribal was an appropriate metaphor.

3. Bad form on picking up that log, Rick. Doubling over Drew Bledsoe-style will absolutely KILL YOUR BACK in short order. Bend your knees, keep your back straight, & lift with your legs. Dude is a farmer/cowboy and he doesn't know this?!?!!

4. Sophie had an excellent point WRT Ozzy being the last impression these people get before they each get put to sleep with a soft voice in their ear and go into the jury pool. Of course, the jury is allowed to talk and mingle all the time they're in sequestration at whatever local watering hole, so all the things that happened to them gets watered down, but the fact that they went head-to-head with Ozzy and he's won so many of these things can't be bad in their determination, if they're voting based on who outplayed, outwitted and outlasted. But, even if Coach was speaking truthfully a few weeks ago saying him and Ozzy at the end, the moment Ozzy comes back, he's gotta win immunity or he's out. That line Sophie said to Coach may have influenced a change.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, agree with Cochran, too many bitter people killed him in the end.

That still remains my biggest criticism of the game...there really needs to be a fan voting component in order to offset that a bit. At least Sophie was deserving, but it was clear once again that people will vote for someone OTHER than the most worthy survivor for no other reason than because they were butt hurt. These juries always fail to have any sort of objectivity, and I'm glad Cochran said what he did. He's a "survivor expert" and he knows that this happens from time to time, and it needs to stop. I bet if America voted among the final three, Coach wins in a landslide. The biggest disappointment was the way that Rick guy reacted. What a total DOUCHEBAG. The guy doesn't do a frickin thing all season...rides the coattails of his alliance, and then in the end when he knows damn well it's survival of the fittest, he throws a mini tantrum and acts like he's shocked that someone told a lie....it's SURVIVOR!!!! GET a CLUE!!! :rolleyes: This idiot should have been voted off in they very beginning...he had no social game, never won a damn thing, never had any sort of strategy...he was just in the right place at the right time when coach made the alliance.

And as annoying as Brandon was, I actually felt bad for him tonight. Shame on his family for treating him that way. His dad seemed like a total dick, and coach was right to call him out. I loved when the other survivors and the audience supported the kid...he deserved better than what his family gave him. Screw them!!

All in all, though, I thought this was a very entertaining season...I'm looking forward to February :D

That still remains my biggest criticism of the game...there really needs to be a fan voting component in order to offset that a bit. At least Sophie was deserving, but it was clear once again that people will vote for someone OTHER than the most worthy survivor for no other reason than because they were butt hurt. These juries always fail to have any sort of objectivity, and I'm glad Cochran said what he did. He's a "survivor expert" and he knows that this happens from time to time, and it needs to stop. I bet if America voted among the final three, Coach wins in a landslide. The biggest disappointment was the way that Rick guy reacted. What a total DOUCHEBAG. The guy doesn't do a frickin thing all season...rides the coattails of his alliance, and then in the end when he knows damn well it's survival of the fittest, he throws a mini tantrum and acts like he's shocked that someone told a lie....it's SURVIVOR!!!! GET a CLUE!!! :rolleyes: This idiot should have been voted off in they very beginning...he had no social game, never won a damn thing, never had any sort of strategy...he was just in the right place at the right time when coach made the alliance.

And as annoying as Brandon was, I actually felt bad for him tonight. Shame on his family for treating him that way. His dad seemed like a total dick, and coach was right to call him out. I loved when the other survivors and the audience supported the kid...he deserved better than what his family gave him. Screw them!!

All in all, though, I thought this was a very entertaining season...I'm looking forward to February :D

If you let the fans get a say in who wins, then a COMPLETE DOUCHEBAG like Ozzy wins... and as lame as Rick was, he was only voted out once, Ozzy was voted out 3 :censored: times with this BS Redemption Island twist.. :thumbdown: Probst didn't mention RI during the "One World" preview, so I hope it is finally gone.

there really needs to be a fan voting component in order to offset that a bit.

Add the fan voting, and CBS determines who wins (I'm sure they already influence it though....). People are on the island for 39 days (?) and you get to see what. 15 hours of it tops? It'd all be determined on the edit, not the gameplay.

Add the fan voting, and CBS determines who wins (I'm sure they already influence it though....). People are on the island for 39 days (?) and you get to see what. 15 hours of it tops? It'd all be determined on the edit, not the gameplay.

True, but the jury sees even less than that once they're out of the game. All they see is tribal and what they're told by other jury members, which could be completely slanted and/or biased.

If you let the fans get a say in who wins, then a COMPLETE DOUCHEBAG like Ozzy wins... and as lame as Rick was, he was only voted out once, Ozzy was voted out 3 :censored: times with this BS Redemption Island twist.. :thumbdown: Probst didn't mention RI during the "One World" preview, so I hope it is finally gone.

lol, well yeah, but it also means someone like your girl SANDRA doesn't win!!! And ozzy is a moot point since he wasn't even in the finals this time...I just get tired of these whiny jury people preventing people from winning just cause they got played. That's the GAME!

And how would the fan vote go? There's what, maybe 1/2 hour between the last tribal and when the final votes are revealed?

True, I hadn't thought it that far through. I dunno, I just think they need to slap these jury people upside the head before they vote. At least on big brother they seem to be able to appreciate when someone outplayed them, even if they got lied to in the process. A guy like Dr Will or Evil Dick would never win on Survivor.

I hate when the jury is more vindictive too ... However, plays now have to expect that and adjust their end games accordingly. Part of what makes Survivor so fun is that it's constantly evolving due to new rules and new personalities each season. As much as I loved Russell and feel he got screwed in season one, his other losses were on him for not learning is lesson. Ditto with Coach.

I hate when the jury is more vindictive too ... However, plays now have to expect that and adjust their end games accordingly. Part of what makes Survivor so fun is that it's constantly evolving due to new rules and new personalities each season. As much as I loved Russell and feel he got screwed in season one, his other losses were on him for not learning is lesson. Ditto with Coach.

I totally agree. My only concern is that when you have to alter your game to make sure you're being nice to everyone and not ruffling any feathers, the game could end up beign REALLY boring. I'd much rather have a Russell out there manipulating and lying to everyone as opposed to having a bunch of Sophies running around. Sophie had a great win to send Ozzy home, but aside that was her game really memorable or entertaining in any way? I think Jeff just needs to give a little speech before the vote and remind them to vote for the most DESERVING of the title of sole survivor, regardless of how you feel about that person emotionally. It's what is best for the game, IMO.

I think Coach played a great game & got screwed by others in Tribal: Rick outing his Immunity Idol, and Ozzy revealing his Final 2 talks with him. I think both cost him a couple final votes, and the only thing he could've done better is come up with some good excuses pretty damn quick. Other than that, I don't know else he could've done based on what was shown. Maybe stressed more that once it got to Final 5, anything goes?

OTOH, Russell's game was entertaining but a mess, pretty obvious he was never winning,

Edited by Rico

Totally agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we unfortunately hear that Brandon goes postal or maybe even God forbid commits suicide. He was seriously beat down by Russell and his clan. JP was quick to change the subject when he saw Brandon in tears.

I totally agree. My only concern is that when you have to alter your game to make sure you're being nice to everyone and not ruffling any feathers, the game could end up beign REALLY boring. I'd much rather have a Russell out there manipulating and lying to everyone as opposed to having a bunch of Sophies running around. Sophie had a great win to send Ozzy home, but aside that was her game really memorable or entertaining in any way? I think Jeff just needs to give a little speech before the vote and remind them to vote for the most DESERVING of the title of sole survivor, regardless of how you feel about that person emotionally. It's what is best for the game, IMO.

That's a good idea. I hate when jurors are all pissy because they got lied too or voted off. Sorry that's the game you signed up for and you probably lied to a few people yourself. Edna was correct in her admonishment to the jury.