Survivor-South Pacific

WWVaBeach

Totally agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we unfortunately hear that Brandon goes postal or maybe even God forbid commits suicide. He was seriously beat down by Russell and his clan. JP was quick to change the subject when he saw Brandon in tears.

I can't believe nobody from his family came...his dad can fly all the way out to the island, but he can't make it to california for the finale to support his son? No wonder why this kid is fighting so hard against his family name...everyone named Hantz in that family is a total a-hole! All his internal struggles make more sense now. He doesn't want to be the same as Russell or his dad...he wants to be his own man and try to actually care about others. I give him a lot of credit for that and I see him in a different light. I'm glad he has a wife and kids who support him.

That's a good idea. I hate when jurors are all pissy because they got lied too or voted off. Sorry that's the game you signed up for and you probably lied to a few people yourself. Edna was correct in her admonishment to the jury.

Exactly! And they are the biggest hypocrites of all, because many of them either did similarly or WOULD do similarly in order to win the game. I say it every season, but it's all over the Survivor logo every year..."Outwit, outplay, outlast". Part of beign "outwitted" is having someone strategize against you, which means they are either going to withold information or lie to you outright to throw you off. There's nothing in there about "out-socializing" others, but yet that's become the biggest factor in the game. The whole idea of being a "survivor" has been watered down and lost over the seasons, and its' time to get focused again. Some of these people just get entirely too comfortable in this game anymore. It shouldn't be about who is the nicest, or who lied the least.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only Ozzy supporter here?? He was the only one, besides Coach, that put ANY effort in trying to win the game. Yeah, he was arrogant, but he beat out all of the people the were sent to redemption island. The other two (of the last three remaining) just road coat-tails the whole game and did not deserve to win, IMO. Besides, Ozzy has nice hair. :wub:

Am I the only Ozzy supporter here?? He was the only one, besides Coach, that put ANY effort in trying to win the game. Yeah, he was arrogant, but he beat out all of the people the were sent to redemption island. The other two (of the last three remaining) just road coat-tails the whole game and did not deserve to win, IMO. Besides, Ozzy has nice hair. :wub:

Ozzy's a douche.

I totally agree. My only concern is that when you have to alter your game to make sure you're being nice to everyone and not ruffling any feathers, the game could end up beign REALLY boring. I'd much rather have a Russell out there manipulating and lying to everyone as opposed to having a bunch of Sophies running around. Sophie had a great win to send Ozzy home, but aside that was her game really memorable or entertaining in any way? I think Jeff just needs to give a little speech before the vote and remind them to vote for the most DESERVING of the title of sole survivor, regardless of how you feel about that person emotionally. It's what is best for the game, IMO.

Normally I completely agree with your line of thinking, but for me, there's a slight twist in this case. I absolutely agree that people should stop being so butt hurt about somebody getting the better of them, but I think that what Coach does goes a little past that. I just don't think you can spend your entire game preaching honesty and integrity and then expect to get votes when you lie to people's face.

Again, I don't understand how people in the jury act so over the top betrayed (I always wonder how much they are coached by CBS). But I do think there's an obvious flaw in Coach's strategy, and that is a huge part of the game. Outlast doesn't end once you make the final 3. Outplay means you have to pay attention to everything.

I'll admit is a fine line, and I may not be able to get my point across. What I can say is that if I were on the juries, I would have voted for Russel in his first two games, and Sophie in this one. Coach would not have earned my vote.

ON wikipedia, the jury went like this:

Jim-Coach

Keith-Sophie

Whitney-Sophie

Dawn-Sophie

Cochran-Coach

Edna-Sophie

Brandon-Coach

Rick-Sophie

Ozzy-Sophie

I think Coach would've had Edna's vote if not for Brandon spilling the beans... and Rick should've never been promised anything beyond final 5. Too bad.

Ozzy's a douche.

He is a major alpha-douche. Only Rupert was douche-ier. :thumbdown:

Normally I completely agree with your line of thinking, but for me, there's a slight twist in this case. I absolutely agree that people should stop being so butt hurt about somebody getting the better of them, but I think that what Coach does goes a little past that. I just don't think you can spend your entire game preaching honesty and integrity and then expect to get votes when you lie to people's face.

Again, I don't understand how people in the jury act so over the top betrayed (I always wonder how much they are coached by CBS). But I do think there's an obvious flaw in Coach's strategy, and that is a huge part of the game. Outlast doesn't end once you make the final 3. Outplay means you have to pay attention to everything.

I'll admit is a fine line, and I may not be able to get my point across. What I can say is that if I were on the juries, I would have voted for Russel in his first two games, and Sophie in this one. Coach would not have earned my vote.

That's very interesting to me...can you elaboarate more about coach vs russell? Are you saying because coach was preachy about his strategy and sort of put it out there for everyone to see, than when you fail to live up to it you deserve to not win? Whereas with Russell a lot of it was behind the scenes manipulation? You're right, we do tend to see things similarly quite often, so I'm interested to hear more about this.

Oh, no, you aren't fooling me again. :P

I know you don't believe me, but look...Jack agreed. If you can't trust me, you can certainly trust Jack! :thumbsup:

It's actually true. There was a whole article written about it. That's why Jeff prompted Ozzy to talk about lessons for kids during the finale, to help offset some of the negative press they endured as a result of this.

I think Coach would've had Edna's vote if not for Brandon spilling the beans... and Rick should've never been promised anything beyond final 5. Too bad.

Wow...that makes Ozzy even more of a douche given that he voted against coach. And I'm shocked about Edna...this is just further proof that these morons are just sensitive little babies.

It's actually true. There was a whole article written about it. That's why Jeff prompted Ozzy to talk about lessons for kids during the finale, to help offset some of the negative press they endured as a result of this.

that Q&A with the girl during the reunion was dumb. Did Ozzy really say anything new to her that he hadn't said just minutes earlier?

that Q&A with the girl during the reunion was dumb. Did Ozzy really say anything new to her that he hadn't said just minutes earlier?

I thought it was sort of silly, too. I know Ozzy is popular, but he got way too much attention last night.

That still remains my biggest criticism of the game...there really needs to be a fan voting component in order to offset that a bit. At least Sophie was deserving, but it was clear once again that people will vote for someone OTHER than the most worthy survivor for no other reason than because they were butt hurt. These juries always fail to have any sort of objectivity, and I'm glad Cochran said what he did. He's a "survivor expert" and he knows that this happens from time to time, and it needs to stop. I bet if America voted among the final three, Coach wins in a landslide. The biggest disappointment was the way that Rick guy reacted. What a total DOUCHEBAG. The guy doesn't do a frickin thing all season...rides the coattails of his alliance, and then in the end when he knows damn well it's survival of the fittest, he throws a mini tantrum and acts like he's shocked that someone told a lie....it's SURVIVOR!!!! GET a CLUE!!! :rolleyes: This idiot should have been voted off in they very beginning...he had no social game, never won a damn thing, never had any sort of strategy...he was just in the right place at the right time when coach made the alliance.

And as annoying as Brandon was, I actually felt bad for him tonight. Shame on his family for treating him that way. His dad seemed like a total dick, and coach was right to call him out. I loved when the other survivors and the audience supported the kid...he deserved better than what his family gave him. Screw them!!

All in all, though, I thought this was a very entertaining season...I'm looking forward to February :D

If you let the fans get a say in who wins, then a COMPLETE DOUCHEBAG like Ozzy wins... and as lame as Rick was, he was only voted out once, Ozzy was voted out 3 :censored: times with this BS Redemption Island twist.. :thumbdown: Probst didn't mention RI during the "One World" preview, so I hope it is finally gone.

Seems that way. I was reading on EW that the cast may include people from other (English-speaking) countries --- hence the name "One World." Interesting dynamic to put the tribes so close together. Could form some inter-tribe alliances that will affect the merge. Because let's face it, the merge is the most important part of the game and if you're tied going in and then lose that one challenge round, your tribe is royally screwed and will be picked off one by one. Look at Cochran's move; it defined the season. Looking forward to how it'll play out. I also didn't get the deal with food supplies and how they're going to determine that, but I imagine that can get really personal, really fast.

I liked RI and it might be worth revisiting. But it's interesting to see them trying different things to shake up how the strategy game must be played.

True, but the jury sees even less than that once they're out of the game. All they see is tribal and what they're told by other jury members, which could be completely slanted and/or biased.

Yeah. Besides it being completely retarded, fan voting for Survivor is like technically impossible.

I think Coach played a great game & got screwed by others in Tribal: Rick outing his Immunity Idol, and Ozzy revealing his Final 2 talks with him. I think both cost him a couple final votes, and the only thing he could've done better is come up with some good excuses pretty damn quick. Other than that, I don't know else he could've done based on what was shown. Maybe stressed more that once it got to Final 5, anything goes?

OTOH, Russell's game was entertaining but a mess, pretty obvious he was never winning,

I was rooting for Ozzy. Just enjoyed how he killed the challenges (up until that last one...) and his attitude toward pretty much everyone that he interacted with because I saw them the same way he did. His fatal flaw was the animosity toward Sophie.

Coach basically lost the game from the moment he crushed the egg with blue paint. Got put into a group with enough Jesus-freaks who were so shallow and hypocritical that he was bound to not be able to keep the 80% of the promises he made. No matter how much you invoke Father-God, that doesn't make you a righteous person above the fray of what needs to be done to reach the later days on Survivor. As Probst said... not knocking the religion, but there's a sizable portion of the fellow competitors and the audience who saw it as too over-the-top --- praying for this one to find the idol and then it's orchestrated that Coach 'finds' it. That was a pretty damning reveal by Sophie.

Coach's 180 during the last tribal --- in his opening speech that he played the game honorably and with integrity, and then in the Q&A when he admitted that he lied to a lot of people and was sorry --- probably helped turn the tide, esp. WRT Edna's vote at least. I think not playing the hidden idol at the final tribal that he could made Coach look arrogant and gave the impression that (he at least thought) he controlled the game.

Yeah. Besides it being completely retarded, fan voting for Survivor is like technically impossible.

It's technically impossible in it's current state, but why is it retarded? The fans usually get it right. I think most of these jury members are collectively retarded!

It's technically impossible in it's current state, but why is it retarded? The fans usually get it right. I think most of these jury members are collectively retarded!

That's what the viewers' choice award that Ozzy-Douche won last night is for. It wouldn't have helped Russell any, more people hate than like him, Sandra :worthy: still would've won.

http://www.examiner.com/survivor-in-national/final-survivor-interviews-with-coach-sophie-and-albert

Was there anybody's vote that you thought you'd get that you didn't?

Coach: Going in to Final Tribal, I think all 3 of us thought we were going to win. That was the beauty of our alliance. Again, I wish that it would have been more fair, in terms of people having not made up their minds before they got there. I was surprised about Ozzy's vote. I mean, if you look at my game, I had to overcome more than anybody. I came in as somebody who added nothing to the tribe other than a bit more TV time. As a returning player, I think that had Ozzy gotten to the end, even if I wouldn't have liked him I think that I still would have voted for him. But you know, he's a whiny little B word, what can you say? I mean, he's going to be a waiter 10 years from now, I don't think Albert, Sophie, or myself will be waiting tables 10 years from now.

:thumbsup:

That's what the viewers' choice award that Ozzy-Douche won last night is for. It wouldn't have helped Russell any, more people hate than like him, Sandra :worthy: still would've won.

lol, sandra....AAARRRGHHHHH :wallbash:

Coach: Going in to Final Tribal, I think all 3 of us thought we were going to win. That was the beauty of our alliance. Again, I wish that it would have been more fair, in terms of people having not made up their minds before they got there. I was surprised about Ozzy's vote. I mean, if you look at my game, I had to overcome more than anybody. I came in as somebody who added nothing to the tribe other than a bit more TV time. As a returning player, I think that had Ozzy gotten to the end, even if I wouldn't have liked him I think that I still would have voted for him. But you know, he's a whiny little B word, what can you say? I mean, he's going to be a waiter 10 years from now, I don't think Albert, Sophie, or myself will be waiting tables 10 years from now.

:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you made that up!!! LOL, that's the most awesomely candid quote of all time! Where was that coach during the game??? lol

I missed commenting on the Brandon section. It is a little sad that like those fights during high school/gangs his family didn't show up. (Besides Russell, who said Brandon did "everything" wrong in his gameplay.) But who's really to blame for that? Brandon is the kind of kid that takes stevestojan to extremes; as I've said, he's the most bipolar player (and perhaps, person) I've seen. One second lashing into someone for lying to him, the next, offering them his immunity. He really needs to seek professional help and maybe get on a medication. You can call it what you like, but there's a reason his family didn't show up on Sunday.

His whole thing with Mikayla was so like a dude who rapes a girl he lusts over and then murders her because he's ashamed of that lust. It really was creepy. And then, like all his other things on the island, when what he was plotting got blown up during Tribal and, he broke into tears and asked for forgiveness but it didn't change anything in how he thought or what he did. In any church I've ever been to, forgiveness is about letting go of past transgressions with an understanding that someone's learned from their mistake and won't repeat it. Next day, Brandon was still staring at and gunning for Mikayla as the Hot Evil B word Woman who, in his warped mind, would use her curves to control the game. You know, at least Coach had the decency to make up a 'She used a lot of sugar!' pretext when he decided it was her time; Coach at least didn't say 'She has a great ass that I leer at all day to the point I can't get anything done! I wanna (figuratively) kill her!'

Brandon's got issues.

Albert though he was going to win? Really? REALLY, Coach? You've gotta be kidding me. Everyone and their brother knows Albert was toast after he refused to give the immunity back to Brandon. That was very low rent and no one but no one respected that. The fact that the necklace slipped off of Albert just as Brandon was having his torch put out was kind of poetic.

Ozzy kind of screwed himself by revealing his deal with Coach. If he'd kept that quiet, it might've gone differently.... but then again, Sophie's argument that Ozzy'd been whispering in everyone's ear right before he put them out of their misery on RI probably would've ultimately swayed it to the same result. Coach not electing to put it to a make-fire challenge spoke volumes. Whatever his promise to Ozzy was, he did not want Ozzy there. And how can you be surprised that Ozzy wouldn't vote for you after you pull that? Coach based his game on 'honor and trust' and at so many turns, he !@#$s honor and trust in the ass. Again, under the pretext that God told him to.

And I resent anyone who thinks the social game is not part of "Outplay" in the words on the buffs. Part of the game is to not piss off people... or rather... to piss off people on the jury just slightly less than the other two sitting beside you.

So, Coach screwed Ozzy over and Ozzy did his own little part to screw Coach over. Tit for tat. I guess it needs to be asked: Who exactly is being the "whiny little B word" here?

Edited by UConn James

I missed commenting on the Brandon section. It is a little sad that like those fights during high school/gangs his family didn't show up. (Besides Russell, who said Brandon did "everything" wrong in his gameplay.) But who's really to blame for that? Brandon is the kind of kid that takes stevestojan to extremes; as I've said, he's the most bipolar player (and perhaps, person) I've seen. One second lashing into someone for lying to him, the next, offering them his immunity. He really needs to seek professional help and maybe get on a medication. You can call it what you like, but there's a reason his family didn't show up on Sunday.

His whole thing with Mikayla was so like a dude who rapes a girl he lusts over and then murders her because he's ashamed of that lust. It really was creepy. And then, like all his other things on the island, when what he was plotting got blown up during Tribal and, he broke into tears and asked for forgiveness but it didn't change anything in how he thought or what he did. In any church I've ever been to, forgiveness is about letting go of past transgressions with an understanding that someone's learned from their mistake and won't repeat it. Next day, Brandon was still staring at and gunning for Mikayla as the Hot Evil B word Woman who, in his warped mind, would use her curves to control the game. You know, at least Coach had the decency to make up a 'She used a lot of sugar!' pretext when he decided it was her time; Coach at least didn't say 'She has a great ass that I leer at all day to the point I can't get anything done! I wanna (figuratively) kill her!'

Brandon's got issues.

Albert though he was going to win? Really? REALLY, Coach? You've gotta be kidding me. Everyone and their brother knows Albert was toast after he refused to give the immunity back to Brandon. That was very low rent and no one but no one respected that. The fact that the necklace slipped off of Albert just as Brandon was having his torch put out was kind of poetic.

Ozzy kind of screwed himself by revealing his deal with Coach. If he'd kept that quiet, it might've gone differently.... but then again, Sophie's argument that Ozzy'd been whispering in everyone's ear right before he put them out of their misery on RI probably would've ultimately swayed it to the same result. Coach not electing to put it to a make-fire challenge spoke volumes. Whatever his promise to Ozzy was, he did not want Ozzy there. And how can you be surprised that Ozzy wouldn't vote for you after you pull that? Coach based his game on 'honor and trust' and at so many turns, he !@#$s honor and trust in the ass. Again, under the pretext that God told him to.

And I resent anyone who thinks the social game is not part of "Outplay" in the words on the buffs. Part of the game is to not piss off people... or rather... to piss off people on the jury just slightly less than the other two sitting beside you.

So, Coach screwed Ozzy over and Ozzy did his own little part to screw Coach over. Tit for tat. I guess it needs to be asked: Who exactly is being the "whiny little B word" here?

Ozzy of course lol.

I think it's "part" of the game, sure...but the social game has become the main focus in terms of who is chosen as the winner, and I think that's wrong. I feel that the winner of the game should be the person you think BEST exemplifies the term "sole survivor", and that these people should have enough respect for the game that they vote with their heads, not with their hearts or vaginas.

Ozzy of course lol.

LOL