I just watched the game, and I thought they were ok.

Gailey said he was just playing basic offense and 4 man rushes on defense. He said he was trying to see how people played. He didn't throw any wrinkles.

When we had a 4 man rush, they had six guys blocking.

I saw a lot of good in that game. I'm not worried at all. They're right where they are supposed to be.

Gailey said he was just playing basic offense and 4 man rushes on defense. He said he was trying to see how people played. He didn't throw any wrinkles.

I saw a lot of good in that game. I'm not worried at all. They're right where they are supposed to be.

I didn't know Gailey had to throw in a wrinkle to make the offensive line block.

I never cease to be amazed on how low expectations give you a healthy outlook. I once watched a game that I was told the Bills were horrible in and I didn't think it was that bad either....I have the broncos game taped but didn't watch it yet. I am hoping I get a similar opinion to yours.

Whenever someone tells me a movie is awesome or I think it is going to awesome, the movie is destined to disappoint.

Expectations are so important, if you want to be happier in life, try to keep them low....

A word about the debacle....if I was a coach who was trying to turn around a team that has been losing for forever, I don't know if I would put my team in a position to look terrible, there are other ways to see your units. It all sounds suspicious, but on the other hand, I can't believe we are that bad....

ramblin' on.....

gobills!

Just finished watching it too TC, and same thoughts. Maybe it helps to go in expecting really bad things? I was expecting to see things that would change my opinion about their chances this year, but did not.

The bad:

- Fitz had a bad night.

- D gave up too many medium range pass plays.

- Some key drops by WRs, especially Easely's leading to a drive-killing INT.

The good:

- The front 7 was pretty solid against the run.

- Troup looked good, even with the club.

- Batten mostly played well.

- Two good drives in the second half.

I think we'll see a much better performance against Jax.

I didn't know Gailey had to throw in a wrinkle to make the offensive line block.

For those who dont understand please allow me to illuminate.....

Denver was blitzing on every other down it seemed....and using this game to install what had to be there game day defense......

I saw a particular play where a DT Bunkley ran a delayed blitz.....he waited for the offensive linemen to commit then he went......definately not a base defense package.

When you have one team running Vanilla and the team not doing anything to counter.....Vanilla team is gonna lose unless they are VERY GOOD....which the bills are not yet they are still putting it together especialy on offense and they said as much going into the game.....

I saw two passes that showed me lack of timeing between QB and WR....but the one that stands out to me was the pass from Fitz to Stevie in the end zone that was nearly intercepted....the pass was short...had it been placed correctly the DB doesn't get a chance to make a play on the ball......

I was embarrassed watching fitz throw. Pressured or not. It was pathetic.

He did miss that fade to Jones for six. He makes that throw and the team is ok.

The Defensive line moves laterally much better than before. with any pressure from the ends they'll move into the middle of the pack on D right away.

I missed the original broadcast and friends were texting me saying we looked terrible. I haphazardly watched the game the next day while doing some projects expecting to see something horrific. I didn't. I then watched it again giving it my full attention. I didn't think it was as bad as most fans are making it out to be. I'm going to remain optimistic.

agreed. when you play preseason you either 1.) try to install new plays / schemes (what denver did) or 2.) play vanilla to evaluate personnel. It was pretty clear the bills did the latter. Shockingly, Gailey, who is normally pissed beyond all belief at bad efforts, was cool and collected after this. To be honest, I think he was more pissed about his players getting hurt in a preseason game than anything else. He realized where they were weak (Bell really needs a TE to help him out against speed rushers), certain LBs still can't cover RBs or TEs (Reggie Torbor is the new Poz in that regard), and our receivers/QB timing just isn't there. I don't think any of this is reason to flip. It's all pretty obvious. On the plus side, the backups were much improved. Batten is good, moats is good, and Thigpen redeemed himself to a degree.

The Jax game will be a more poignent test.