Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game, but if the problem is lack of preparation, that's correctible. Not a lot of game planning goes on in pre-season typically.

During the Pat Moran saga, I made it over to McKinnie's twitter; he made it sound like he's working out hard, for what it's worth. As I've said before, it's beyond me why we don't bring in some vets like McKinnie and Leonard Davis.

Simple any of those guys would cost a lot more than 2 of our OT's combined

Denver looked hungry, even in a preseason game. Von Miller looked like he was the wanting to show the Bills what they passed over.

We looked like a rag tag band of guys who show up every week to play, but have other jobs.

Miller was taken at #2. We picked number #3. Please pay attention...

That was my point... he looked like he was out to prove something as if he had a chip. He definitely didn't make Denver look bad passing Dareus.

OK, I got your point. VM wanted to step up & show up Dareus for Denver's sake, I'd buy that. VM looks like a good player, Dareus looks like a great player already. 2 of Denver's best guys were trying to cage Dareus & he basically made mince meat out of them, that's about the only bright spot besides the elusive Freddie J.

I can't believe how optimistic about the Bills chances this year I was just 4 hours ago. Really thought they might turn it around. Get all set up to watch the game, pizza popcorn ice cream drinks all laid out so I don't need to get up. I got what, 5 minutes before the rug is jerked out from under my feet and a pie to the face? Fool to even hope for better.

Quoting myself from the game thread. Amazing how a few draft picks and FA signings can convince you this team will be deferent. Then the cold light of day hits...

Good one. the Bills never had a chance to take him.

Ok so I was playing off the DAREUS hype of "I'm gonna make them pay."

CLEARLY if I watched the game in isolation, Von Miller and the Broncos defense were the ones that looked like they had a chip on their shoulder instead. The Broncos were headhunting and bloodthirsty. We looked like pansies.

Dareus held his own, but the intensities of the defense was NO contest.

Edited by symbiant

We go from posts like "We have a top 15 defense" to "We lead the Luck sweepstakes" in a matter of hours. If they rebound next week then a ton of you will again be back on the bandwagon. You People need to learn that you can never get too high or too low in the pre season. Their performance wasn't promising, but nothing to judge the season on.

We might have a top 15th D & still get Luck, did you watch how our O-line looked ?? You don't need a gameplan to pick up blitzes & actually block, do you ??

Let's cut symbiant some slack. He was just saying that Miller looked like the one passed over instead of Dareus who we all predicted would have a "make Denver pay for passing on him game."

Edit: symbiant, didn't see your post above before posting this. I thought your post was easily understandable given how both teams looked on defense tonight.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

My time is somewhat valuable, like all of yours. This preseason game was a complete waste of time for me. Don't expect to make the Superbowl, but with Chan Gailey, I expect at least an exciting offense. Wretchedly boring and inept performance following a somewhat promising 1st game.

Dick Jauron's live ghost haunted us tonight.

Let's cut symbiant some slack. He was just saying that Miller looked like the one passed over instead of Dareus who we all predicted would have a "make Denver pay for passing on him game."

GO BILLS!!!

Yes I guess that would be a more eloquent way of saying it.

Denver looked hungry, even in a preseason game. Von Miller looked like he was the wanting to show the Bills what they passed over.

We looked like a rag tag band of guys who show up every week to play, but have other jobs.

It looked like the starters first real game act, we will be fine

Edited by Defend Greece

We might have a top 15th D & still get Luck, did you watch how our O-line looked ?? You don't need a gameplan to pick up blitzes & actually block, do you ??

I understand that the offensive line played bad. No excuses for that. Maybe we'll sign a veteran to take Pears' spot and move Hangartner back to center, Wood back to guard. But my point is the pre season can be very deceiving. Never get too high, very get too low.

Certainly not one to read too much into a 2nd preseason game, but it's clear there are major issues. Just looks like a team that doesn't have a line to allow any of the presumed to be talented guys on the offense do their thing, Fitzpatrick isn's a legitimate starting QB and as good as the front 3 on D look, other teams all just go pass happy against us. The guys that were drafted at the QB position this year have all looked better than our 1 and 2.

I think these guys can be had for one year deals at this point. They could unload Hangarter and his pretty decent-sized salary ($2.5mm) and pay McKinnie or Davis or Waters the same amount for a year.

We're paying $2.5 M for Hangman ?? OMG, what is he still doing on the team ?? You're dead on with the need to go get MC / Davis / Waters, 100% behind you. Heck, I'd grab all 5 available & see who is most likely to help now & near future, this is going to get worse. Do you think Wilfork is licking his chops after watching this game ? You bet.

Agree. Top 1 would be the ticket

Agree. Top 1 would be the ticket

The stupid optimistic fans are to blame. The maths are simple. We lost 2 of our best players. Were they great? No but they were some of our top 10 overal. New England who kicks our ass year after year in a severe umiliating fashion ads 2 potential probowlers. The senseless optimistic fan points at our great additions through the draft. Guess what. All the other teams in NFL drafted also. Oh and one more thing, most do a better job of it than the Bills.

On the positive side, we have a Chance at Luck.

Edited by offyourocker