Marcus Easley's role

joey greco

Marcus Easley  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bills do with Marcus Easley

• Cut his worthless ass tomorrow
    • Convert him to Ralph's rickshaw puller-gas for a Taurus is goddamned expensive
    • Blood for the blood god!!!!!

2 pro games, 2 hugely negative plays, with nothing of value contributed. I see nothing worthwhile here, lots of guys have physical skills, few !@#$ up in such spectacular fashion immediately upon getting playing time. I'm just wondering what form of professional death would be most worthwhile for the franchise.

He's still young. Lot of raw physical talent there. Probably won't put it together this year, but it's not crazy to think he might be decent as soon as 2012. People used to think Eric Moulds was a bust and Stevie Johnson should be cut. WR is not like RB. It's very rare that a rookie makes an impact. Some WRs bust out in their 2nd year, but the most common is the 3rd-year breakout. Easley is functionally still a rookie right now, since he basically missed all of last season. And he looks like a rookie. But let's not get the torches out just yet, please. He's the only WR on the roster with the physical tools to even remotely replace Lee Evans, and his teammates spoke very highly of him at Camp Fitz in the offseason. I don't care how bad he looks right now, I'd prefer to keep a guy with his youth/upside over any amount of hardworking schlubs like Huggins or Hubbard or Roosevelt.

D. FInd him a real QB to throw the ball.

Fitz put the ball perfectly into his hands and he promptly popped it to a defender. Fitz is not the problem (not that he's a playoff-caliber qb either) with Easley. Given all the physical tools he should have shown something, however all he's shown is that he's a liability.

Fitz put the ball perfectly into his hands and he promptly popped it to a defender. Fitz is not the problem (not that he's a playoff-caliber qb either) with Easley. Given all the physical tools he should have shown something, however all he's shown is that he's a liability.

No, actually Fitz threw it behind him like nearly every other pass Fitz threw tonight.

The bearded one was making all the receivers look bad.

Easley's truly bad play was the alligator-armed drop of Thigpen's pass near the endzone in the fourth.

He's still young. Lot of raw physical talent there. Probably won't put it together this year, but it's not crazy to think he might be decent as soon as 2012. People used to think Eric Moulds was a bust and Stevie Johnson should be cut. WR is not like RB. It's very rare that a rookie makes an impact. Some WRs bust out in their 2nd year, but the most common is the 3rd-year breakout. Easley is functionally still a rookie right now, since he basically missed all of last season. And he looks like a rookie. But let's not get the torches out just yet, please. He's the only WR on the roster with the physical tools to even remotely replace Lee Evans, and his teammates spoke very highly of him at Camp Fitz in the offseason. I don't care how bad he looks right now, I'd prefer to keep a guy with his youth/upside over any amount of hardworking schlubs like Huggins or Hubbard or Roosevelt.

Man, why bother to post common sense? Too many people on here would rather complain about everything. They won't listen to you.

Hey, he's better than James Hardy.

Going into the season, this may be one of the worst rosters the Bills have ever assembled. Think Hank Bollough in '85. :)

no team we have had has ever been that bad and our defense is better than last year so this is not the worst. We are just entering the second trimester so this year will be slightly better than last year, then 20012 draft occurs draft:

1. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 Texas A&M

2. ROT Levy Adcock 6'5" 325 Olahoma St.

3. ILB Don'ta Hightower 6'4" 260 Alabama

4. LOT Matt Reynolds 6'4" 316 BYU

4. OLB Malik Jackson 6'5" 268 Tennessee

5. TE David Paulson 6'3" 242 Oregon

6. OT Tyler Love 6'6" 310 Alabama

7. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 Utah

Then 2013 we will be in infant stage and progressing into teenager at 2014 and in 2015 we will be mature adults winning the superbowl 0:)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

no team we have had has ever been that bad and our defense is better than last year so this is not the worst. We are just entering the second trimester so this year will be slightly better than last year, then 20012 draft occurs draft:

1. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 Texas A&M

2. ROT Levy Adcock 6'5" 325 Olahoma St.

3. ILB Don'ta Hightower 6'4" 260 Alabama

4. LOT Matt Reynolds 6'4" 316 BYU

4. OLB Malik Jackson 6'5" 268 Tennessee

5. TE David Paulson 6'3" 242 Oregon

6. OT Tyler Love 6'6" 310 Alabama

7. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 Utah

Then 2013 we will be in infant stage and progressing into teenager at 2014 and in 2015 we will be mature adults winning the superbowl 0:)

We will be picking top 10, I dont see Tannehill begin a top 10 guy. I love him but he'd have to KILL it this year, think he ends up a late 1 early 2 at best. Reynolds is a NFL RT (he play RT at BYU i think too) and goes sooner than the 4th yes he'll be 25 his rookie yr. but kid is a really good OT.

I feel terribly negative about this game and want to cut every single tackle on the roster. However, to give up on Easley now would be absolutely foolish. He missed his whole rookie season and he missed part of camp this year. Nobody can tell what he can do yet, and he did make a nice reception over the middle. He can't be called injury-prone -- even well conditioned athletes can have bad luck injuries (see E. Wood). The verdict is nowhere near out on him; he's not in the category of a James Hardy or Shawn Nelson yet, both of whom are clearly under-conditioned considering the constant groin & hamstring injuries from which they seem to suffer. (incidentally, did Hardy make it through Ravens camp without suffering an injury? if so, I'd be shocked.)

If anything, I'd like to see Nelson gone on the first round of cuts. Another wasted draft pick...

edit: Looking at the stat sheet, Easley was the leading receiver tonight in terms of yards. You have no tolerance for a rookie making a couple of mistakes in the preseason??? As Art Wander used to say, "spare me with sort of nonsense..."

Edited by applescruff