" 'They' put me in the right situation"

I really wonder how much, if any, credit the owners gave to Goodell for this deal.

The guy has been embattled for several years now. Many players dislike him.

I think these steering allegations might be viewed as a good opportunity to jettison the guy.

You think D Smith pulled his own pants down? This deal was brokered by Goodell. There is zero evidence that the owners want to "jettison the guy".

YOU ASKED: "Where is the story describing Buffalo going after Vick?"

i simply provided proof from a credible source (Tony Dungy) that the Bills had previously discussed aquiring Vick:

Tony Dungy says Michael Vick could potentially wind up in Buffalo, which he says previously discussed signing the quarterback.

as predicted....damage control has started.....

Vick says it was his own decision to go to Philly:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/vick-says-it-was-his-own-decision-to-go-to-philly/

None of the articles say that he would be offered the starting job in Buffalo or anywhere else--which is contrary to the entire point of that part of the Vick article.

There is no damage control because Vick din't say he was told he had to go to Philly. Guys here made that part up. More likely he's clarifying the incorrect inference ("league approval") thrown in by the author.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think D Smith pulled his own pants down? This deal was brokered by Goodell. There is zero evidence that the owners want to "jettison the guy".

None of the articles say that he would be offered the starting job in Buffalo or anywhere else--which is contrary to the entire point of that part of the Vick article.

There is no damage control because Vick din't say he was told he had to go to Philly. Guys here made that part up. More likely he's clarifying the incorrect inference ("league approval") thrown in by the author.

Vick Said: "I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth... I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."

sounds pretty clear to me...philly wasn't his preferred choice....Cincy and BUFFALO were better options.....after meeting with the commish he decided on philly. the ISSUE is the interference of the commish .....not wether he was promised/offered a starting job.

Vick Said: "I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth... I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options."

Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."

sounds pretty clear to me...philly wasn't his preferred choice....Cincy and BUFFALO were better options.....after meeting with the commish he decided on philly. the ISSUE is the interference of the commish .....not wether he was promised/offered a starting job.

It isn't clear at all because of where the quotation marks are placed. The only thing that is clear is that Vick didn't want to be a third stringer. Buffalo and Cinci were better options because there were QB issues in both of those cities. The writer, not Vick, mentions the two teams wanted them (no proof or source), would have allowed him to start (no proof or source), and after meeting and getting league approval (no proof or source) Vick was convinced to sign with Philly (no proof or source). Then Vick is quoted as saying "them" and "they" although we have no idea at all who he is referring to as "they". Vick never mentions the league, Goodell, or anyone in those quotes.

They probably knew from their time traveling scout that Palmer was on his way to retirement.

To add to the conspiracy theories: everyone knows that Goodell really works for Kraft and it was Kraft that ordered him to force Vick to play in the NFC given his total recall of future events.

B-)

Probably hopped the same time warp as the Eagles time traveling scout that knew they would trade not only their Franchise QB, but would trade their second round, QB of the future.

:flirt:

It isn't clear at all because of where the quotation marks are placed. The only thing that is clear is that Vick didn't want to be a third stringer. Buffalo and Cinci were better options because there were QB issues in both of those cities. The writer, not Vick, mentions the two teams wanted them (no proof or source), would have allowed him to start (no proof or source), and after meeting and getting league approval (no proof or source) Vick was convinced to sign with Philly (no proof or source). Then Vick is quoted as saying "them" and "they" although we have no idea at all who he is referring to as "they". Vick never mentions the league, Goodell, or anyone in those quotes.

Wow. You clearly didn't spend all your English classes texting your friends. B-)

All good points. Again, this is a non-issue created by the media. Vick never said anything but the quoted part.

Yet some whackos here are actually saying the press is "sweeping this story under the rug"!

Whatever the case, this just shows further proof that the NFL needs another commissioner. There have been so many missteps by Roger G in his short tenure. He has become a joke. He's rapidly approaching the status of the NBA commish.

Buffalo right now isnt getting the national coverage of media because they arent contending. Goodell may have suggested Philly for PR and media attention. Why put him on a team that wouldnt be a nice story for a come back?

I hear all the rumblings about, well if his intention was this, or his intention was that, and if it was in the

best interest of the player, ya da ya da ya da, I say bull too, reasons aren't nearly as relevant as to him crossing this

line, for whatever reason, no excuses. Since when does Goddell care about players well beings? The curtain has been pulled

back on the wizard, they won't even bother to pull it shut again. I will say this, to the people that do not believe that subtle,

and lately not so subtle, manipulation occurs in the NFL, Real Estate-Florida-Swampland anybody?

Edited by Cookiemonster

Goodell is probably one of those guys who grew up in WNY but rooted for Miami. Everybody knew one or more of those tools.

According to an interview he did a few years ago, he grew up a Colts fan. He only lived in Jamestown until 1971, when he was 12-13 years old. Either way, !@#$ him.

Edited by Punch

If this is true, the NFL is the same as wrestling, where they decide who wins or loses. This is !@#$ing bull ****. There's no way the league should decide where a player goes. I'm incredibly pissed off.

Yep, spot on, NwwfL "that's right brother"

Edited by Cookiemonster

According to an interview he did a few years ago, he grew up a Colts fan. He only lived in Jamestown until 1971, when he was 12-13 years old. Either way, !@#$ him.

Yeah, he stated this in the Sports Illustrated article as well about a month ago, the same story that chronicled

him as a bartender hero for standing up for a young gentleman in a bar near campus, when the gentleman was, as the

article implied, being racially harrased.

Hero? No, just doing what hopefully all of us would do if we encountered the same situation, next will be hearing

how he rescued a cat from a tree or something, geez. The guy presents well, looks classy, comes across as someone

with high charchter and principles, what a tool.

A real hero woould have not even told that story to the interviewer, and if someone else related for him, I am sure

that he got a peek at it before it was published, he could have said just leave that out please. Very few war heros talk

about their battlefield triumphs. Talk about not letting the right hand know what the left has done. This guy needs reeled in.

Edited by Cookiemonster