James Hardy

It seemed like there were so many receiving options in that draft, almost all of them have been disappointments so far. For a big guy, Hardy had awful hands. All I remember his him dropping just about anything thrown his way.

DeSean Jackson (selected a few pick AFTER Hardy). Eddie Royal (also selected after Hardy) had a great rookie season, but has been hurt a lot since then. As I recall, Danny Snyder's team selected two WRs in the first two rounds that year, both of whom have been huge busts. Makes me feel a little better.

It seemed like there were so many receiving options in that draft, almost all of them have been disappointments so far. For a big guy, Hardy had awful hands. All I remember his him dropping just about anything thrown his way.

And...another one bites the dust....Limas Sweed of that draft class was cut by the Steelers today...

Limas Sweed Cut by the Steelers

The other bust is Malcolm Kelly for the Washington Redskins....The only guy who succeeded was Desean Jackson and I think that was purely due to the system in which he played and used his burning speed.

And...another one bites the dust....Limas Sweed of that draft class was cut by the Steelers today...

The other bust is Malcolm Kelly for the Washington Redskins....The only guy who succeeded was Desean Jackson and I think that was purely due to the system in which he played and used his burning speed.

That was the year of the big receiver. Everyone around the league wanted a big redzone target. All of them busted out: Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, and Devin Thomas.

The irony is that the smallest guy--Deshean Jackson--was the guy who succeeded.

I loved the Hardy pick. Guy caught 36 TDs at Indiana and came into the NFL at 6'5". He was billed as a more physically gifted version of Plaxico Burress. And when he caught that game winner in the back of the end zone against Jacksonville, I thought he was going to do that every Sunday for years to come. The light never went on for him and he just couldn't put it together on the field. He had the talent but his lack of maturity and focus killed his career.

That was the year of the big receiver. Everyone around the league wanted a big redzone target. All of them busted out: Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, and Devin Thomas.

The irony is that the smallest guy--Deshean Jackson--was the guy who succeeded.

That was the topic du jour back then. Everyone had a favorite big receiver that we HAD to draft (with our first round pick no less)! So many were shocked that many dropped to the second round, AND now how many of them are busts even for 2nd rounders. Bummer that we fell for it too. At least it wasn't our first rounder.

We only got 1 good catch out of him.

Don't forget about the other WR that the Redskins took. The guy that was supposed to be the best in his class and possible early 1st rounder...College one year wonder Devin Thomas. He cycled through 3 teams last year and is now fighting for a roster spot on the Giants I believe.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

That was the topic du jour back then. Everyone had a favorite big receiver that we HAD to draft (with our first round pick no less)! So many were shocked that many dropped to the second round, AND now how many of them are busts even for 2nd rounders. Bummer that we fell for it too. At least it wasn't our first rounder.

We only got 1 good catch out of him.

yeah, people were scratching their heads when we didn't pull the trigger on a WR in the first round.

I forgot about that TD catch by Hardy!!

I loved the Hardy pick. Guy caught 36 TDs at Indiana and came into the NFL at 6'5". He was billed as a more physically gifted version of Plaxico Burress. And when he caught that game winner in the back of the end zone against Jacksonville, I thought he was going to do that every Sunday for years to come. The light never went on for him and he just couldn't put it together on the field. He had the talent but his lack of maturity and focus killed his career.

Agreed