Chicago Bears Exhibition

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've seen what I expect out of Jasper. He's defenately a 7th rounder and a project. He has been pretty bad on half the plays. Not gettin much push especially for his size and strength, bad decisions on others. But then there's every few plays where he just gets a great push. So far he can't handle a double team.

So far I've seen what I expect out of Jasper. He's defenately a 7th rounder and a project. He has been pretty bad on half the plays. Not gettin much push especially for his size and strength, bad decisions on others. But then there's every few plays where he just gets a great push. So far he can't handle a double team.

Worse is that he's rarely seeing a double team. I've seen two things he's really bad at right now: following the play and using his hands...both pretty important parts of his job. He doesn't seem to know how to use his hands to get rid of his blockers at all. He just tries to push with his legs and that's it. The more I watch him, the more I can see him going to the practice squad.

Worse is that he's rarely seeing a double team. I've seen two things he's really bad at right now: following the play and using his hands...both pretty important parts of his job. He doesn't seem to know how to use his hands to get rid of his blockers at all. He just tries to push with his legs and that's it. The more I watch him, the more I can see him going to the practice squad.

Basically what I was seeing also. Really want to see him succeed but he is definitely a project right now.

I agree 100% it is his first game ever though. I'd like to keep an eye in how he progresses throughout the preseason. Fwiw I don't think he'll be deligated to practice squad until the last round of cuts. We will get a good glimpse of him going forward.

Simply falling over is a skill reserved for 1st rounders apparently... :devil:

Easley has been disappointing - physically as well as mentally. He strikes me as a guy who may be prone to the boneheaded play.

Hopefully he just had a case of nerves tonight.

I'm hoping the same. As a gunner he has been near the plays. Should have had the bears returner down inside the 5 but tuier **** field gave way and he slid like he was in mud. I'm still thinking it's a little bit of nerves since it's basically his first game. I'd also think he would play better with more reps on the first team O. Thigpen may have been the unlucky one with a bad line tonight but he wasn't exactly looking good.