What if Bush wins the popular vote, but

John Kerry would be president and the media wouldnt blink an eye and thats the way it should be.

12066[/snapback]

Actually, there'd be a shitload of lawsuits contesting the election results in various states based on the mechanics of vote-casting, voter registration, vote counting, and the validity of the electoral college itself, ultimately resulting in John Kerry being President...but being referred to as a "false" President who "stole the election" by about half the country. And the media would feed the whole frenzy, because it means bigger ratings and more ad revenue for them.

my guess is that no one on the left would make a peep about how their candidate "stole" the election.

12080[/snapback]

If all the votes are counted and no one is trying to strong-arm black voters out of the democratic process, it shouldn't be a problem either way.

But I think all sides should be concerned about the electronic voting machines.

How will the rhetoric of 2000 be re-visited? By the press? By the DNC?

12009[/snapback]

Your hypothetical is not complete. It would have to include the election being decided in one state by less than 600 votes where Kerry's brother is the governor with many allegations of ballot and polling place "irregularities". You would also have to add in state courts being overturned by federal courts on issues of state law with the whole mess being decided by a Supreme Court that just happens to have a number of Justices who were appointed by Kerry's father. If that happens and the left is silent and the right complains then yes indeed, everyone, right and left, will be hypocrites.

Interesting. Apparently you are running out of things to mock the left out with so you are now imagining things they might do that might be worthy of being mocked at some point in the future. How clever of you.

Your hypothetical is not complete.  It would have to include the election being decided in one state by less than 600 votes where Kerry's brother is the governor with many allegations of ballot and polling place "irregularities".  You would also have to add in state courts being overturned by federal courts on issues of state law with the whole mess being decided by a Supreme Court that just happens to have a number of Justices who were appointed by Kerry's father.  If that happens and the left is silent and the right complains then yes indeed, everyone, right and left, will be hypocrites.

Interesting.  Apparently you are running out of things to mock the left out with so you are now imagining things they might do that might be worthy of being mocked at some point in the future.  How clever of you.

12188[/snapback]

Was that so nice that you had to say it twice? :D

It that happens I'm out of here. Not the board, the whole damn country. The bull crap that we would have to face for another four years would be unbearable. Goodbye SoCal house, hello sailboat in the Caribbean.

Actually Chef...I am outta here...Australia baby...Woooooooooooooo!!!! Well...I will be a US Contractor.

If all the votes are counted and no one is trying to strong-arm black voters out of the democratic process, it shouldn't be a problem either way.

But I think all sides should be concerned about the electronic voting machines.

12126[/snapback]

Ahh yes....the old "white GOP thugs contolling the polls in black neighborhoods where virtually every elected rep and election official is a Dem" story. That makes a ton of sense. Cause you know, white guys walking around in black neighborhoods are always intimidating the locals :unsure:

If I send you a dollar, will you buy yourself a clue?

Not going to happen. The likelyhood of the opposite is a very, very real.

The continuing "unstableness" of these politics, IMHO, is the real problem. We really need to "right this ship" politically one way or another IN A SENSIBLE MANNER.

Whoever gets in office, needs to make this their top priority... Everything else falls into place.

Terrorists will feed off this instability.

Not likely to happen, but I'm sure there will be a flip on the worthiness of the Electoral College by the Democrats.

12013[/snapback]

But not from the Republicans, right Darin? There's no chance they would go to the Supremes again is there? :angry:

Your hypothetical is not complete.  It would have to include the election being decided in one state by less than 600 votes where Kerry's brother is the governor with many allegations of ballot and polling place "irregularities".  You would also have to add in state courts being overturned by federal courts on issues of state law with the whole mess being decided by a Supreme Court that just happens to have a number of Justices who were appointed by Kerry's father.  If that happens and the left is silent and the right complains then yes indeed, everyone, right and left, will be hypocrites.

Interesting.  Apparently you are running out of things to mock the left out with so you are now imagining things they might do that might be worthy of being mocked at some point in the future.  How clever of you.

12185[/snapback]

I don't think it's possible to run out of things to mock the left. The left is like a different carnival coming to town each day...always something new. :angry:

Then simply say so.

13110[/snapback]

I did. Am I missing something? My initial post in the thread answered the question posed.

I have no love for the Republican party. I'm not watching the convention (as I didn't watch the Dems). I regularly hang up on them with very terse responses when they call my house (pretty sure they got my number from the NRA). I don't support their candidates in any election.

I'm not apologizing for being conservative, but the Republican party that campaigns as such certainly doesn't govern that way - regardless of the ridiculous rhetoric thrown at them.

But not from the Republicans, right Darin? There's no chance they would go to the Supremes again is there? :angry:

12878[/snapback]

Guess that depends on whether or not a state SC with a political bias is failing to enforce existing state law :P

Then simply say so.

13110[/snapback]

Thank you, I must have missed something earlier. BTW, my wife pulled a cruel joke on me a couple of years ago and put me on a Republican mailing list, (forgive her she's not from this country). My mail is right now 70% Republican propaganda. She doesn't think it's so funny anymore because now she has to wade through the junk to get to the bills.

Thank you, I must have missed something earlier. BTW, my wife pulled a cruel joke on me a couple of years ago and put me on a Republican mailing list, (forgive her she's not from this country). My mail is right now 70% Republican propaganda. She doesn't think it's so funny anymore because now she has to wade through the junk to get to the bills.

13193[/snapback]

The simple solution to that is sending your other junk mail (without any incriminating evidence) back to them in their prepaid envelopes. I do it about twice a month. Takes about 20 minutes. It's fun, and it keeps postal workers and envelope openers employed. Doing my part for the economy, don't ya know...