Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... I don’t really know how to evaluate this trade. I’ve always been a big fan of Evans, based on how great he can look at times and on how great his attitude has been through all the crappy changes over the last few years. Is he a great player whose production has suffered due to a sputtering offense? Or is he just another in a long line of first rounders who wasn’t as good as we thought?

I just don’t really know. Anyway, I wish him well. I hope he has success in Baltimore. He’s a good guy—he deserves it.

Because he properly identified the coming weakness in the Bills offensive game plan? I'm guessing you missed CJ's and Stevie's thoughts too?

You mean these?

No mention from Johnson since the trade, but Nelson, Jackson and Nelson said:

Oh, and since the trade went down, there are have been WAY more Bills tweeting that they're en route to Chicago, and most of them seem mostly concerned with finding a place to eat. In fact, tweets requesting restaurant suggestions out number Evans tweets post-trade.

Yeah, there's a locker room in revolt alright.

How did the Patriots respond when Lawyer Milloy was cut? From what I remember they went ballistic. How did they finish that year?

Yes, I think it's perfectly appropriate to compare Bills' front office machinations to the best run franchise in the NFL. You know, the one where the coach, the GM and the owner are on the same page? The one where a system is in place where players are basically plug & play? :censored:

I expect you for one to recognize that the main criticism is not of the roster move itself, but the dysfunction that permeates OBD. You have more evidence of Overdorf overstepping his bounds to make real personnel decisions. Don't for a minute think that Gailey didn't design this season's offense with Evans in the featured role and now needs to reconfigure the entire offense, with a shortened off season as it is?

It's stupid moves like this that made Bills the laugh of the league when high profile coaches turned down embarrassingly desperate offers, while rising stars turned them down flat, period. This is why the team doesn't go after FAs, because they know they have to overpay them to play here.

This reeks of the Detroit pipeline and fans should be sad because of it.

This front office is a total joke. While I was in favor of trading Evans, I was only in favor if it made us better. A hit or miss 4th round pick next year does NOT do that. Plus, the Ravens will finish near the top of the league, meaning the pick will be in the bottom of the 4th round, so we are basically looking at a 5th round quality pick. Totally unacceptable. Not that the front office bothered to think any of this through. The Ravens NEEDED Evans to compete with the Steelers and the other teams in the AFC that can put up points. We should have said 3rd & a starter or nothing. Another 1st round pick traded for a 4th round. Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Thus, the Bills FO=Stupidity.

Edited by RyanC883

my point is, he put up those numbers with lee evans in the line up. i really needed to spell that out for you?

And my point is that he put up crap numbers with lee in the lineup for 4 years before Gailey got to town. So how is that relevant?

What is even worse about this trade is that Baltimore is quality playoff team. Therefore, this fourth round pick becomes a late fourth round pick. My question is could they have traded him to Arizona for a higher fourth round pick?

I would have kept Evans for another year and perhaps he would have improved on his numbers from last year and been more valuable on the market for next year or perhaps later this season after some starter on another team gets hurt. We might have been able to get more for him if we dangled him before the trade deadline. As a Bills fan this tells me that they have no intention of making the playoffs this year and they have already given up on this season. I can't see how this helps this team especially if any of these younger WR's get hurt or prove they aren't pro material.

What if he gets hurt or doesn't improve on his numbers from last year? You realise that better WR's in this league haven't been traded for much more then what the Bills just got for Evans. Boldin, who is MUCH better was had for a 3rd and a 4th. There was no way Buffalo was going to get a 1st or a 2nd for Lee, and would have been REALLY Lucky to get a 3rd.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Buffalo has traded WR Lee Evans traded to Baltimore.

Dunno specifics yet

I advocated trading Evans, but I don't think they got enough value. I think the Bills came out the worst on this deal. I would have been satisfied with a 2nd rounder. I like what Baltimore did here and I'm definitely puzzled by the Bills settling for a 4th rounder.

lee evans+steve johnson+roscoe parrish= nice numbers for roscoe parrish

steve johnson+roscoe parrish-lee evans=?

there ya go!!

better?

I get what you're trying to say but I dont think roscoes game is going to be affected by the loss of lee. He runs a ton of short routes and gets a bunch of his yards after the catch. Its not like teams are going to double him in the slot