We're Number Four!!

eball

Rabid Fans

Chris Brown just blogged about this on bb.com, but this is remarkable. After a decade of futility, we still support our team like no other fan base.

Only the last three Super Bowl winners have a higher rating of "rabid-ness."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Buffalo has the best (and worst) sports fans around!

Rabid Fans

Chris Brown just blogged about this on bb.com, but this is remarkable. After a decade of futility, we still support our team like no other fan base.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Buffalo has the best (and worst) sports fans around!

That's a pretty flawed rating system.

Here's something that should have been factored in - what other teams exist in the market to vie for your attention/passion/money? Buffalo only has 2 major professional sports teams whereas some others have more. Bigger markets have more people but also more professional sports options. Living outside of Boston I certainly see Patriots fans but at its root I think Boston is a baseball town - the Red Sox still rule this place even though all the other teams have won chamionships in the past decade. I wonder how much more popular they would be if the only other team in town was the Bruins - my guess is the Pats would be significantly more popular.

Here's something that should have been factored in - what other teams exist in the market to vie for your attention/passion/money? Buffalo only has 2 major professional sports teams whereas some others have more. Bigger markets have more people but also more professional sports options. Living outside of Boston I certainly see Patriots fans but at its root I think Boston is a baseball town - the Red Sox still rule this place even though all the other teams have won chamionships in the past decade. I wonder how much more popular they would be if the only other team in town was the Bruins - my guess is the Pats would be significantly more popular.

I know your point is well thought out and valid. And I'm far too old to be responding with anything other than reasoned acknowledgement of a good argument....but Screw Boston!

Rabid Fans

WOOOOOO, we're number 4! Party tonight on McKelvins lawn!

we should be #1, Packers always get so much credit for doing less with more...Colts? Really Colts? They are behind Indiana U basketball, the Pacers & the Indy 500. And I think whats going on in New Orleans with the Saints is great but lets be honest Hurricane Katrina pretty much saved the Saints...its going to take more than 4 years of being rabid to compete with us....WE'RE #1

Boston is a different beast altogether in that fans of one team in the area aren't necessarily fans of the others. For example, the Bruins have a die-hard following, but few of those fans have the same fervor for the Pats and the Celtics. A Celtics fan doesn't necessarily care about the Pats or Bruins either.

WOOOOOO, we're number 4! Party tonight on McKelvins lawn!

SOOO messed up but still funny. It is a shame that what happened to McKelvin's lawn got so much publicity. A few idiots can make us all look terrible. I was at a bar 2 years ago when the Bills were getting thrashed and a few obnoxious fans (wearing newly purchased Ownens jerseys) started fighting with a few bears fans (who I actually happened to be friends with) and the whole situation was just ugly. Next thing I knew I was getting hard stares from everyone there like I did something. I guess every fanbase has to deal with that though.

we should be #1, Packers always get so much credit for doing less with more...Colts? Really Colts? They are behind Indiana U basketball, the Pacers & the Indy 500. And I think whats going on in New Orleans with the Saints is great but lets be honest Hurricane Katrina pretty much saved the Saints...its going to take more than 4 years of being rabid to compete with us....WE'RE #1

The Packers were tied for 4rd in Popularity without correcting for market size, and that number was calculated last September, prior to the Super Bowl win, while Brett Favre was still a Viking, and pressure was still on GM Ted Thompson because he once again neglected to sign any FA's during the 2010 off-season. I think you'd understand GB's rabidness better if you ever visited GB (maybe some of you who made the trip to GB last September can back me up here). I'd be happy with the #4 position if I was you, because its remarkable that the Bills have scored so well given their recent lack of success, and that's a credit to the Bills fans for sticking by their team through thick and thin.