London situation is deteriorating

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand

Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain

He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's

Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein

Werewolves of London

WZ

seriously, i never understood that song til now.thought it was about the inner werewolf in all of us. thanks, i like it even better now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC - rioting

"London remains largely quiet with a heavy police presence on the streets."

That's not to say it's all sweetness and light on the streets but there are worse places at the moment.

Talked to a guy in Manchester, he seemed not to care. Said it had barely made a blip, while a friend of mine in the heart of London said her neighborhood was not impacted at all. Mind you, she called out of work today.

You almost sound like you are on the side of the arsonists/rioters/looters.

not at all. i have family in london. they were afraid this week and it makes me angry. but i don't think shooting people in the streets is effective or just. they have cameras everywhere. they are catching and punishing the yobs as we speak. but as i said above an ounce of prevention...these simpleton "let them eat cake" and "kill them all" arguments are what started the french revolution.

Maybe this will be the final outrage necessary for law-abiding Britons to vote to get their guns back and for bobbies to actually be armed.

They let immigration ruin their country.

much of this is aimed at immigrants, especially small business owners. watch the bbc videos. but the perps are not the immigrants in general. they are black or white yobos, almost all lower class. the gun debate is an entirely separate argument. suffice it to say, i disagree.

Maybe this will be the final outrage necessary for law-abiding Britons to vote to get their guns back and for bobbies to actually be armed.

They let immigration ruin their country.

Good grief. Law-abiding Britons never really had guns in the first place. I don't know where some of you get this idea that every man and his dog was packing a pistol in the past. Beyond a few gun enthusiasts gun ownership has never really caught on over here. Also, did it never occur to you that if guns were more readily available then the rioters would have them as well?

Good grief. Law-abiding Britons never really had guns in the first place. I don't know where some of you get this idea that every man and his dog was packing a pistol in the past. Beyond a few gun enthusiasts gun ownership has never really caught on over here. Also, did it never occur to you that if guns were more readily available then the rioters would have them as well?

stick around...it gets worse.

If someone were going to destroy Birddog's livelihood for ***** and giggles he'd do what?

if i'm interpreting this correctly you're saying i'd miss coming here for s#$ts and giggles (as opposed to someone threatening my ability to do my occupation like gun control laws would to a, i don't know really?, flea market gun seller?). yeah, i'd miss it. if i argued like this with my neighbors/colleagues they'd just walk away and avoid me at all costs in the future (even the liberals). i like a good yelling match and this is a good place to find one.

if i'm interpreting this correctly you're saying i'd miss coming here for s#$ts and giggles (as opposed to someone threatening my ability to do my occupation like gun control laws would to a, i don't know really?, flea market gun seller?). yeah, i'd miss it. if i argued like this with my neighbors/colleagues they'd just walk away and avoid me at all costs in the future (even the liberals). i like a good yelling match and this is a good place to find one.

I don't think you're interpreting it correctly.

But I don't know what the correct interpretation is. I suspect there simply isn't one.

I think what he is saying is that without a weapon, what would you do if someone(s) tried to ransack let's say the antique store you owned? I'm not saying the smart thing to do would be to start shooting at a mob but there certainly are circumstances where a weapon would come in handy.