London situation is deteriorating

I may have "somatosed" myself a few too many times, was that orwell or Huxoly? I think the book was something like "A brave new future" possibly? I'm sure someone will chime in

"brave new world", huxley, you're right. liking the pot idea though. think of all that tax revenue...tea partiers would never go for it on that basis alone, wouldn't meet mr grover's test.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last i heard, 4 died in the riots. wanna speculate how many would have died in us cities from riots of the same scale?

5 now. A 68-year old has died from injuries he received after being attacked when he tried to put out a fire the rioters started. Scum...

5 now. A 68-year old has died from injuries he received after being attacked when he tried to put out a fire the rioters started. Scum...

It's a sad commentary that this is the event that you & I agree on. How dare the man try to put out a fire while the wine swilling frolickers are having fun?

One thing we could actually learn from the UK.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/c8970a8c-c688-11e0-bb50-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1V7xFf3OY

Ministers are drawing up controversial plans to remove benefits from those convicted of taking part in the riots that engulfed England last week, in a move Liberal Democrats and independent experts have condemned as counter-productive and overly expensive.

Officials in Number 10 and the department for work and pensions are putting together plans for the harsh punishment of those found guilty of even the most minor infringements during the riots after a public petition calling for such a move gathered nearly 200,000 signatures.