Its all over for us kids!

JP-era

No way Jax loses to Houston at home OR away at Oakland!

They finish 10 and 6 and have the tie breaker over us!

That first game cost us our season.

The owrst part about it is that Jax is a team of SCUMBAGS for that hit!

Jack Del Rio should be fired for laughing over the hit on the sidelines. Did you guys see that?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

167707[/snapback]

That was BS by Del Rio, he is a loser for laughing. F Del Rio, he thinks he is still playing. He should have been tossed along with Darius.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The News will also report that Jax has clinched nothing yet.  They'll report that they're 0-1 against the Texans this year and that Collins threw 5 TDs today, while Jax's 28 points were the highest they've managed in 2 years.

This thing is not over.  Let me guess, when the score was 35-3, you left the game (or turned off the TV), because reality said that no other team ever came back from a 32 point deficeit.

Nobody ever said being a Bills fan was easy, but conceding the season two weeks early is pathetic.

167784[/snapback]

Uh-huh, those points relate to the discussion at hand very well. Actually, I was 15 at the time of the Houston game, and stayed the entire time. I also own two tapes of the game, which I ad to find from vendors in Texas and Arizona. But we both know that has nothing to do with what I said.

We'll ALL watch next week, and we'll ALL hope things break our way. No one is disputing that. However, you seem to think it contemptuous to even suggest that our getting into the playoffs is now EXTREMELY unlikely due to the GB/JX result. Forgive us "not real" fans for seeing the world as it is, and not how we want it to be.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me some more about things I've done in my life as evidence of how I suck as a Bills fan. At least that's more entertaining than watching you try to use logic to explain away your bigotry.

I think it goes to confrence winning percentage

Denver 7-5 (beat Ten and Ind)

Buffalo 6-6 (if beat pitt)

Jacksonville 7-5 (If beat hou and oak)

That officially iliminates buffalo and the 2 team tiebreakers are used to determine denver/jacksonville, but since buffalo is eliminated in this scenario....I dont care...

The answer is in here somewhere - if someone wants to figure out what happens if denver / buffalo / jacksonville all end up 10-6

Good luck !

With the NFL realigning into eight four-team divisions to accommodate the arrival of the Houston Texans, the league adopted new tiebreaking rules.

Common opponents will now be the third tiebreaker within a division after head-to-head games and division record because each of the four teams will have 14 common games in the 16-game schedule. The owners also moved the strength-of-victory tiebreaker ahead of the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker.

The six postseason participants from each conference will now be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.

2. The division champion with the second-best record.

3. The division champion with the third-best record.

4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.

5. The Wild Card club with the best record.

6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the three Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

9. Best net points in conference games.

12. Coin toss.

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2, and repeated a third time, if necessary, to identify the third Wild Card. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.

2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.

3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.

4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different ivisions).

167769[/snapback]

First, I'm not even going to read that....my head may explode and second did you figure that all out by yourself? If you did you may want Santa to deliver you a hobby for Christmas.

for some reason alot of people here will not buy into your sincerity when you say "...sorry to say..." we have heard you almost gloating over this teams, and especially this teams QB's failures, this season. I think the likes of you, rudy and ice to a point are happy when this team fails, kind of a munchausen syndrome thing to y'all!

No way Jax loses to Houston at home OR away at Oakland!

They finish 10 and 6 and have the tie breaker over us!

That first game cost us our season.

The owrst part about it is that Jax is a team of SCUMBAGS for that hit!

Jack Del Rio should be fired for laughing over the hit on the sidelines. Did you guys see that?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

167707[/snapback]

Uh-huh, those points relate to the discussion at hand very well.  Actually, I was 15 at the time of the Houston game, and stayed the entire time.  I also own two tapes of the game, which I ad to find from vendors in Texas and Arizona.  But we both know that has nothing to do with what I said.

We'll ALL watch next week, and we'll ALL hope things break our way.  No one is disputing that.  However, you seem to think it contemptuous to even suggest that our getting into the playoffs is now EXTREMELY unlikely due to the GB/JX result.  Forgive us "not real" fans for seeing the world as it is, and not how we want it to be.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me some more about things I've done in my life as evidence of how I suck as a Bills fan.  At least that's more entertaining than watching you try to use logic to explain away your bigotry.

167801[/snapback]

Bigotry? How am I using bigotry? I admit I don't know much about you, but you obviously don't know the meaning of the word "bigotry," so I have doubts about your intelligence.

YOU posted "It's all over for us kids." Now you say it's "EXTREMELY unlikely." Well there's a huge difference between "OVER" and "UNLIKELY." That's why I label you a quitter.

And I used the greatest comeback in history of the NFL because that's a perfect example of the difference between "OVER" and "UNLIKELY."

If you stayed at the game back then, good for you. But YOUR post has shown that you have become a QUITTER.

And if you can't see the logic in that, I again doubt your intelligence.

And by the way, since the Texans own a win over the Jags already, and the Jags haven't shown they can outscore Oakland, I'd say that it's very POSSIBLE that the Jags lose one of their last two games.

Bigotry?  How am I using bigotry?  I admit I don't know much about you, but you obviously don't the meaning of the word "bigotry," so I have doubts about your intelligence.

YOU posted  "It's all over for us kids."  Now you say it's "EXTREMELY unlikely."  Well there's a huge difference between "OVER" and "UNLIKELY."  That's why I label you a quitter.

And I used the greatest comeback in history of the NFL because that's a perfect example of the difference between "OVER" and "UNLIKELY."

If you stayed at the game back then, good for you.  But YOUR post has shown that you have become a QUITTER.

And if you can't see the logic in that, I again doubt your intelligence.

And by the way, since the Texans own a win over the Jags already, and the Jags haven't shown they can outscore Oakland, I'd say that it's very POSSIBLE that the Jags lose one of their last two games.

167851[/snapback]

Main Entry: big·ot

Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot

: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

1) I didn't post "It's all over for us kids." This thread was started by someone else.

2) As you can see from the above definition, a bigot is someone who is intolerant of people with opinions that differ from his/her's. But please, enlighten my ignorance with your definition...Mine came from Websters.

3) Please explain how I am a "quitter" because I agree with a post that has nothing to do with ANYTHING the Bills have done, or will do.

4) The Jets beat us at home...I guess they beat us in the Ralph then...They didn't? Why was that? I guess the Bills were playing better and were also at home that game.

Yes, this last comment is tongue-in-cheek, but it relates. A Houston or Oakland win is unlikely, but of course it could happen. My main beef is people like you that criticize people for opinions, no matter how valid, because they don't paint the rosy picture you'd like to see. REALITY DOES NOT MAKE A PERSON ANY LESS OF A FAN. You act like the writer of this post has somehow hurt the Bills' cause by pointing out the situation...That GB's loss all but ended our hopes for the playoffs. You have the right not to agree...You don't have the right to tell someone that they're not a fan because they feel the way this poster does.

Main Entry: big·ot

Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot

: <b>a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices</b>

1) I didn't post "It's all over for us kids." This thread was started by someone else.

2) As you can see from the above definition, a bigot is someone who is intolerant of people with opinions that differ from his/her's.  But please, enlighten my ignorance with your definition...Mine came from Websters.

3) Please explain how I am a "quitter" because I agree with a post that has nothing to do with ANYTHING the Bills have done, or will do.

4) The Jets beat us at home...I guess they beat us in the Ralph then...They didn't?  Why was that?  I guess the Bills were playing better and were also at home this game. 

Yes, this comment is tongue-in-cheek, but it relates.  A Houston or Oakland win is unlikely, but of course it could happen.  My main beef is people like you that criticize people for opinions, no matter how valid, because they don't paint the rosy picture you'd like to see.  REALITY DOES NOT MAKE A PERSON ANY LESS OF A FAN.  You act like the writer of this post has somehow hurt the Bills' cause by pointing out the situation...That GB's loss all but ended our hopes for the playoffs.  You have the right not to agree...You don't have the right to tell someone that they're not a fan because they feel the way this poster does.

167884[/snapback]

1. You didn't post it, but it's not reality, is it? Because the REALITY is, that it's not OVER. The Bills are still alive.

2. If a bigot is a bigot because they draw a conclusion about someone because of that person's opinion, we'll guys like George Bush must be a bigot, right? Take a look at the word prejudice in your Webster's definition, that's the key. There was no prejudice, which is irrational hatred, in my response.

3. The season is not over. The Bills are still (officially) in the hunt. And Jax is by no means a lock to win the last two. Yet you concede the playoffs.

4. No clue what your talking about. I didn't mention the Jets in my post.

You want to discuss reality? The reality is that the Jags are not a powerhouse. The reality is that they lost to the Texans. The reality is that if Oakland turns their game into a shootout, the Jags might not be able to keep up.

The original post was that the season was over. I responded it was not, and there was no reason to quit on the season. You accused me of bigotry. That is the "reality" of this situation.

1. You didn't post it, but it's not reality, is it?  Because the REALITY is, that it's not OVER.  The Bills are still alive. 

167903[/snapback]

OK...I'm almost through arguing semantics with you, but you are correct. It's not "over". The original poster knew that, I know that, you know that. The spirit of the post was that it's "all but over". Just like the Bills game was "over" with 2:00 left, but not literally. Get it? Anyway, let me clear this up. I believe there is still a chance. I think it's a small chance. OK? Good enough for you? Can I be annointed to, say, jr. fan now?

2. If a bigot is a bigot because they draw a conclusion about someone because of that person's opinion, we'll guys like George Bush must be a bigot, right?  Take a look at the word prejudice in your Webster's definition, that's the key.  There was no prejudice, which is irrational hatred, in my response. 

167903[/snapback]

A bigot is exactly what was mentioned in the definition. Someone who is intolerant of someone else's opinion. Did you tolerate the original poster's opinion, or did you dismiss it out of hand, and then make comments about his feelings about the Bills? Your prejudice was against those Bills fans that don't think they have a good shot at the playoffs. In your view, someone must think the Bills still have a good chance to make the playoffs in order to be a fan. As for GWB, I'm sure he's acted the bigot many times, though I'm not going to list them.

3. The season is not over.  The Bills are still (officially) in the hunt. And Jax is by no means a lock to win the last two.  Yet you concede the playoffs. 

167903[/snapback]

I have conceded nothing...Call the NFL and they'll tell you the same thing. I have agreed with the spirit of a post that proclaimed it "over", which as I described in number 1, means that I think it's very unlikely.

4.  No clue what your talking about.  I didn't mention the Jets in my post.

167903[/snapback]

No clue, huh? OK...I'll be quick about it. Your post mentioned Houston beating Jax. That game was in Houston, at the beginning of the year. The Jets beat the Bills, in NY, at the beginning of the year. You say that because Houston won that game, that it is evidence that they have a good chance of beating them again. So by that logic, the Jets should have beaten us in Buffalo, but they didn't. We became a better team and were playing at home. Jacksonville has become a better team, is playing at home, AND has something to play for (while Houston doesn't). Hope this explains things.

You want to discuss reality?  The reality is that the Jags are not a powerhouse.  The reality is that they lost to the Texans.  The reality is that if Oakland turns their game into a shootout, the Jags might not be able to keep up.

The original post was that the season was over.  I responded it was not, and there was no reason to quit on the season.  You accused me of bigotry.  That is the "reality" of this situation.

167903[/snapback]

You responded to me with an attack on my fanhood, and a question about what reality I live in. You also felt the need to use a pseudo profanity. Had you just disagreed with the premise, we would not be having this debate. You didn't. You spewed forth the bible-of-Bills-fanning according to jad1.

I'm headed to bed to watch the Indy game. You can have the last word for tonight, but I'll respond to any legitimate questions about my stance tomorrow. For crying out loud, the simple fact that I'm here and willing to put this much time into arguing with you should tell you something about how I feel about this team. I hope you can accept the possibility that I might actually be big fan too.

'Night

i dont even care if we don't make the playoffs!yes it would be nice,but i am so proud of this team!they seem to be getting better/jelling every week.i am proud that we will finish strong.you have to go back to wade phillips 2nd to last season for when we finished with a winning record.we will win the afc east next year.

the dolphins will be a mess.

the patsies will have new coordinators,but will still be good

it will come down to us breaking the aging curtis martin and the jets.

the afc east is ours!

go bills!

The spirit of the post was that it's "all but over". 

'Night

167923[/snapback]

The spirit of the post is NOT it's "ALL BUT" over. The spirit of the post...to quote the fugging post itself...is this: "Its all over for us kids!, Sorry to say!:"

Not "ALL BUT OVER" but "OVER." Big difference. Or did you not read the fuggin' post. That's what I took issue with.

Read first, think second, and then react. It's a good idea not just on a message board, but in life in general.

Jesus Fuggin H. Christ.

Well after starting 0-4 there was no way we would be in this position. The Jags are not THAT good and teams like HOU and OAK would love to eliminate the Jags...especially after that dirty dirty hit tonight. And another thing...if you think it is over please don't watch the games because if you are going to throw in the towel on a team with a legit shot to succeed then you are not a fan. Since this run began we knew we would need help, and we've had a great deal...and in today's nfl the Jests could fold, the Jags could lose out, etc. All sorts of stojan can happen as it has in the last couple of months for our Bills. Believing is everything...especially for Bills fans.

If we are winning, drew can stay here for 10 years. However it would be nice to have a quarterback who I felt could win us games. With drew, it seems like our defense, special teams and running game do all the scoring, and drew is just there to try not to screw things up. Recently he has done a good job of not screwing things up, but at the same time, not really helping us.

167707[/snapback]

I didn't see Del Rio but it was pretty impressive to see Marcus Stroud giving Darius all sorts of sh-- about it.

As for the season being over, believe what you want to. I'm sure there's some pro bowling on for you to watch. I'm in it till the finish.

If we are winning, drew can stay here for 10 years.  However it would be nice to have a quarterback who I felt could win us games.  With drew, it seems like our defense, special teams and running game do all the scoring, and drew is just there to try not to screw things up.  Recently he has done a good job of not screwing things up, but at the same time, not really helping us.

168271[/snapback]

I disagree completely. Since the New England game Bledsoe has put the team on his back when he is needed and made big plays for us. Today is a perfect example of that. We are down 7-0 he stands in the pocket under pressure, gets wacked and throws a perfect ball to Lee Evans on the flee flicker. Then 3 plays later TD pass. The momentum shifted from that point into our favor and we got big plays from ST, and the Defense. In football it only takes one player and one big play to boost the moral of everyone around you. Early in the year when we were losing all of the vetrans said they needed to make big plays to make everyone else better around them.

St. Louis game - 3 TD passes to keep the Bills in it until the Defense and ST kick in after half.

Seattle game - 1 TD and 3 picks. All 3 of his picks he was gunning for the endzone they weren't stupid plays just bad passes. Stupid plays like what Jon Kitna did today with Spikes will make your team lose.

Miami Game - Defense struggles Bledsoe makes big Passes and has 4 TD passes to keep the bills in it.

Browns Game - Bills go down 7-3 early in the game. Bledsoe comes back and throws a TD to Evans. He did get a pick.

I am not in any way shape or form saying that Bledsoe is the sole reason we are winning these games because he isn't. It is a TEAM effort.

I realize JP is the future of the Bills however there is a reason why he is still listed as the #3 QB. That which i don't know. However, Mularkey has righted this listing ship and I have complete confidence as a FAN in him.