Chris White

"That was followed by one of the better hits in the hole as linebacker Chris White stopped Johnny White "

Thought DreReed 83 would like that White is a big hitter on more than just youtube and is a dark horse latter in the season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Practice-Notes---Day-8/2396e210-fea8-4f35-88d6-c5388eaf291e

Bills Scout Shawn Heinlen on Chris White:

"Tough, instinctive, hard-nosed football player… plays downhill… the one thing that sticks out about Chris is you can actually see him going to the ball when it's snapped. His ability to diagnose plays and fill run lanes is BETTER THAN ANYONE I SAW THIS YEAR ON TAPE."

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Heinlen-on-Chris-White/b62669da-c29f-48e0-b563-21dd7e765af0

I really love this draft and Chris White is just another reason why. I simply do not see the Bills keeping Torbor or Maybin over this guy.

Bills Scout Shawn Heinlen on Chris White:

"Tough, instinctive, hard-nosed football player… plays downhill… the one thing that sticks out about Chris is you can actually see him going to the ball when it's snapped. His ability to diagnose plays and fill run lanes is BETTER THAN ANYONE I SAW THIS YEAR ON TAPE."

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Heinlen-on-Chris-White/b62669da-c29f-48e0-b563-21dd7e765af0

I really love this draft and Chris White is just another reason why. I simply do not see the Bills keeping Torbor or Maybin over this guy.

I see him competing for a PS spot, not a 53. If that's the case he's in no way measured by maybin or torbor but instead Coleman

Really rooting for Chris White. I WANT this instinctive, hard hitting LB to beat out the likes of Torbor and if need be take the last LB spot over Maybin. Let the Chris White and Batten youth movement begin to take over. I see a lot of promise in these two. Ah yes, Coleman as well.

Can't wait for preseason to begin!

Edited by Pilsner

Really rooting for Chris White. I WANT this instinctive, hard hitting LB to beat out the likes of Torbor and if need be take the last LB spot over Maybin. Let the Chris White and Batten youth movement begin to take over. I see a lot of promise in these two. Ah yes, Coleman as well.

Can't wait for preseason to begin!

Merriman

Davis

Barnett

Kelsey

Shepherd

Moats

Coleman

Batten

White

Are your 9 if we keep that many?

I see him competing for a PS spot, not a 53. If that's the case he's in no way measured by maybin or torbor but instead Coleman

Another thing Chris White has going for him is that he started one year at inside backer and one year at outside backer. In other words, like Torbor (and Moats), he can play two positions.

And unlike Maybin, he'll be a cog on special teams.

The Bills will keep their best and most useful linebackers.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the 53.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Merriman

Davis

Barnett

Kelsey

Shepherd

Moats

Coleman

Batten

White

Are your 9 if we keep that many?

I think it's unlikely we'll keep 9 and if that's the case then I hope Shep shows enough promise and starts. Also I hope Chris White gains the coach's confidence enough to make Davis expendable.

practice squad? we are pretty thin at inside LB he makes the roster and will be contributing heavily by mid season.

Thanks for the good info San Hose.

Fezmid can play? WTF

Fezmid?

practice squad? we are pretty thin at inside LB he makes the roster and will be contributing heavily by mid season.

I see practice squad as well. This is the first time I've heard his name in any training camp report so it doesn't seem that he's exactly tearing it up out there. The four ILBs (barring injury) will probably be Davis, Barnett, Sheppard and Moats. Since Torbor can play both inside and out he has a leg up over White if the Bills keep 9 which I think it probable.

I think it's unlikely we'll keep 9 and if that's the case then I hope Shep shows enough promise and starts. Also I hope Chris White gains the coach's confidence enough to make Davis expendable.

FYI - we're playing the 3-4 now, and Chan is keen on saving a roster spot by using Brad Smith as the 3rd QB.

What does that spot get used as? My vote is LB (and not Dead Weight Maybin) because in the 3-4, you go through a lot of them.

Another thing Chris White has going for him is that he started one year at inside backer and one year at outside backer. In other words, like Torbor (and Moats), he can play two positions.

And unlike Maybin, he'll be a cog on special teams.

The Bills will keep their best and most useful linebackers.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the 53.

:thumbsup:

Me too, I think one TE is out and we go with 2, unlike last year when we had 3 (even if they cut two, I think we have 4 in camp right now, there is a strong chance one of them is sitting on his couch waiting for the phone to ring) and keep Jasper and 9 LBs with the addition of Smith. The real tough question is going to be which WRs are going and who are going on PS this year.

"That was followed by one of the better hits in the hole as linebacker Chris White stopped Johnny White "

Thought DreReed 83 would like that White is a big hitter on more than just youtube and is a dark horse latter in the season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Practice-Notes---Day-8/2396e210-fea8-4f35-88d6-c5388eaf291e

Why didn't you include the next part of the sentence?

That was followed by one of the better hits in the hole as linebacker Chris White stopped Johnny White at the line of scrimmage with an assist from Aaron Maybin. :rolleyes:

I hope the best for this kid but I'm not expecting much.

Edited by DreReed83

Why didn't you include the next part of the sentence?

That was followed by one of the better hits in the hole as linebacker Chris White stopped Johnny White at the line of scrimmage with an assist from Aaron Maybin. :rolleyes:

I hope the best for this kid but I'm not expecting much.

because Maybin jumped on the pile after the play was made and he is a goner so why bother.