Patriots sign shaun Ellis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about this one. The pats are making some strange moves for sure. 34 years old is a gamble but it may pay off (hopefully not).

How are they strange moves? Getting Haynesworth for a 5th round pick and a 5th and a 6th (2013 draft)? Good luck finding talent like that in the 5th and 6th round of this year and next year's draft.

Yea....Strange move. :rolleyes:

Hynesworth is a crazy move and high risk even for low pick. Is Belichek that arrogant? I think so.

Well if fat albert can and will play thats not good for us,but it could backfire and he could drag on them too.

I think the Pats moves are a bit odd too.

Hynesworth is a crazy move and high risk even for low pick. Is Belichek that arrogant? I think so.

Well if fat albert can and will play thats not good for us,but it could backfire and he could drag on them too.

I think the Pats moves are a bit odd too.

I live in DC. There is 0.0001% chance the Hayensworth move backfires.

The Redskins are the arrogant party that didn't know what to do with the talent they had.

How are they strange moves? Getting Haynesworth for a 5th round pick and a 5th and a 6th (2013 draft)? Good luck finding talent like that in the 5th and 6th round of this year and next year's draft.

Yea....Strange move. :rolleyes:

We'll see if the Pats know what they are doing as the season unfolds. But their off season is "strange" because they've gone after some players who weren't especially in high demand and not necessarily good fits in NE.

Ochocinco. Over the hill? Big mouth. Likes attention. Pouts when he doesn't get the ball. Odd choice because the Pats like players to shut up, forget individual stats and win as a team.

Haynesworth. Over the hill? Takes plays off. Not a team guy. Locker room poison.

Ellis. Over the hill?

Even if the three of them turn out to have a little gas left in the tank this year, they certainly won't help the Pats for many seasons. NE will have to readdress these same needs next year.

We'll see if the Pats know what they are doing as the season unfolds. But their off season is "strange" because they've gone after some players who weren't especially in high demand and not necessarily good fits in NE.

Ochocinco. Over the hill? Big mouth. Likes attention. Pouts when he doesn't get the ball. Odd choice because the Pats like players to shut up, forget individual stats and win as a team.

Haynesworth. Over the hill? Takes plays off. Not a team guy. Locker room poison.

Ellis. Over the hill?

Even if the three of them turn out to have a little gas left in the tank this year, they certainly won't help the Pats for many seasons. NE will have to readdress these same needs next year.

They were 14-2 without these guys last year.

If the Bills signed Shaun Ellis, you'd all be screaming about what an awful move it was

Sure if you never watched Shaun Ellis actually play. He may have been the biggest factor for the Jets in their playoff win this year vs NE. The guy was an integral part of their defense, ever since he was drafted back in 2000. For the Bills my reaction would've been "Well we're getting a heck of a player, but for a building team it comes at the expense of the progression of a lot of younger players that play the same position. Make no mistake though Shaun Ellis is a hell of a football player. There's really no debating it.

Maybe no genius, but he certainly gives the impression he knows what he's doing, don't you agree?

No actually it doesn't......Shawn Ellis much like Hainsworth are RISK moves......because they are hoping they can reclaim productivity they USED to have.....

To me it seems the patriots are doing a lot of that these days....too much. They are still going to be good because they have Tom Brady....but if I were a patriot fan I would be a little nervous about that "window"

No actually it doesn't......Shawn Ellis much like Hainsworth are RISK moves......because they are hoping they can reclaim productivity they USED to have.....

To me it seems the patriots are doing a lot of that these days....too much. They are still going to be good because they have Tom Brady....but if I were a patriot fan I would be a little nervous about that "window"

reclaim productivity? When has Shaun Ellis not been "productive"

Ellis. Over the hill?

Are you serious? "We'll see if the Patriots know what they're doing?"

You obviously don't watch football enough. What a n00b

What did the Packers offer Barnett? The Jets Smith?

Barnett didn't offer anything to Barnett because they he was already under contract and the Packers were close to the cap. They also won a SB without him and there was bad blood there. Smith the Jets felt was a luxury for them and they were saving cap room for Holmes and Asomugha. And both were a lot younger and more expensive to keep/sign than Ellis.

Not if we had the Pats roster--that's the point being made here.

So it's a bad move if the Bills do it, but it's a good move if the Pats do it? How does that make any sense?

Barnett didn't offer anything to Barnett because they he was already under contract and the Packers were close to the cap. They also won a SB without him and there was bad blood there. Smith the Jets felt was a luxury for them and they were saving cap room for Holmes and Asomugha. And both were a lot younger and more expensive to keep/sign than Ellis.

So it's a bad move if the Bills do it, but it's a good move if the Pats do it? How does that make any sense?

Because for us on a team that let's be honest isn't gonna be a superbowl contender, and probably at the very best may just sneak into a wc race (being optimistic) Shaun Ellis would be a waste of a roster spot, cutting off the progression of people like alex carrington, marcel dareus, and the other de's on our roster. Would be a waste of 1 year deal. Where as for the Pats who are a superbowl conttender is a much better fit for this season. Especially since they got rid of Ty Warren, and don't have a heck of a lot in the way of depth at defensive end.

reclaim productivity? When has Shaun Ellis not been "productive"

Actually that was meant for for Hainsworth......

Its just that I think the plan of bringing in free agent players to solidify the team is going to stop working for them pretty soon....the patriots are not good because they do this they are good because of the core in place.

I still think they are going to be good this year.....but I think this is the season we start giving the pats a fight