Patriots sign shaun Ellis

Wait, I thought the Jets always get their man in free agency? No one of sound mind would choose not to stay with the Super Bowl bound Jets so it must mean that Ellis sucks or is washed up since the Jets didn't make a serious move to keep him? But Belichek is a genius, so Ellis can't be washed up. But the Jets always get their man. But Belichek only makes good signings.

Awesome stuff J… you're always good for a few laughs… every day.

The people at the front end of this topic who said that what's good for one team isn't necessarily good for another team are right on, IMO.

I read a report today that the Jets actually weren't thrilled with Ellis' practice habits and were afraid that he'd be a bad influence on their first two draft picks (both D-linemen), Muhammad Wilkerson and Kendrick Ellis.

Both Haynesworth and Shaun Ellis have the opportunity to resuscitate their careers within a winning organization. They'll be highly-motivated and won't have to bear the burden of trying to lift a rebuilding program.

I suspect that health allowing, that they'll both have good seasons.

But their chances of redeeming themselves would be much smaller in Buffalo, IMO. Different situation, different results.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots make another move in signing shaun ellis. When is the RT coming for Buf??

Ellis on PUP - uncertain if he will be able to play by Opening Day

Haynesworth out for third straight practice

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6846897/shaun-ellis-not-ready-new-england-patriots-put-pup-list

Is "satan's minion" (Belicheat) out of favor with His Lord? :devil:

That the Jets didn't want to bring him back, even for a 1-year deal, should say something.

all it says is that the patriots offered more money than gang green. WAY more. all the jets had to give him was 910k, while the pats offered upwards of 4mil.

all it says is that the patriots offered more money than gang green. WAY more. all the jets had to give him was 910k, while the pats offered upwards of 4mil.

Are you telling me that the Jets really tried to re-sign a DE who is old, injured and can't even get on the field, and that the only reason they were saved from this folly is because the Patriots, lead by the omniscient and omnipresent Bill Belichek, offered 4x as much for said washed up player just to put him on the PUP? Slander, libel, and lies, all of it!