My Yami Downgrades at QB

The mighty Dolphins have Henne, Moore, Devlin and now, Patriots reject Kevin O'Connell to strike fear in the hearts of defenses. So much for the Favre foolishness.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-sign-kevin-oconnell-0805,0,7915108.story

Any chance they signed him more for his knowledge of the Patriots and not for his ability?

Any chance they signed him more for his knowledge of the Patriots and not for his ability?

I immediatly thought this as well... camp fodder and one who knows the pats system - a very belicheat like move. Secondly, as a backup matt moore is very capable and not as bad imo as last years results made him look to be. Henne is a huge question mark, I agree, but we will see about him as he is still developing.

I just hope miami doesn't suck bad enough to get a top 3 pick and a shot @ luck that's the only reason I'm defending them haha!

I live in south FL so I can't help but pat attention to the Dolphins. I think they are in for a long year. They have a head coach and QB that the have tried to replace . They have also replaced Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams with Reggie Bush. The Saints couldn't wait to dump Bush. I think they are going to have a long season.

I immediatly thought this as well... camp fodder and one who knows the pats system - a very belicheat like move.

Quite a few teams will/have done this. Remember the Bills picking up Lawyer Milloy just days before our home opener against the Pats* where we beat them 31-0?

Quite a few teams will/have done this. Remember the Bills picking up Lawyer Milloy just days before our home opener against the Pats* where we beat them 31-0?

Very true, but Milloy was a starter for us for a while as well, whereas O'Connell is more or less a camp body.

such arrogance coming from a fan of the team that signed the Dolphins 3rd string QB and are singing his praises

priceless

Go join the rest of the fisheads and boo your lame duck coach and temporary starting quarterback there Scrotumus.

Since he's been with the Jets the past 2 seasons, I doubt they signed him to get more knowledge of the Patriots. Who knows, he spent a week or 2 with the Lions 2 years ago, maybe the Dolphins want to know more about Detroit.