Taylor Mays anyone?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a lot of him at USC, and he didn't remotely resemble an NFL caliber safety. The only thing he seems interested in is the big hit; he has no coverage skills, never has any idea where the ball was...the only thing he excels at is bodybuilding.

Look, Carroll had the guy at USC and didn't want him on the Seahawks. Harbaugh played against him several times and studied film of him from the PAC-10 and doesn't want him. Let someone else waste their time with him.

I saw a lot of him at USC, and he didn't remotely resemble an NFL caliber safety. The only thing he seems interested in is the big hit; he has no coverage skills, never has any idea where the ball was...the only thing he excels at is bodybuilding.

Look, Carroll had the guy at USC and didn't want him on the Seahawks. Harbaugh played against him several times and studied film of him from the PAC-10 and doesn't want him. Let someone else waste their time with him.

Replace "bodybuilding" with "tweeting" and this description matches Donte, as well ;)

this is a guy thats only in his second years and is 6'3 230 runs a 4.31 40 yard dash and hits hard as hell put him at SS and you have another instant upgrade in run support and hes better then whitner was in coverage as well. how could you not want this guy?

post-15590-078372200 1312498572_thumb.jpg

Edited by billsnutt

this is a guy thats only in his second years and is 6'3 230 runs a 4.31 40 yard dash and hits hard as hell put him at SS and you have another instant upgrade in run support and hes better then whitner was in coverage as well. how could you not want this guy?

You have clearly never seen this guy play.

cause somewhere between a half and two thirds of that isnt true

harbaugh doesn't like those usc players

His own college coach, Pete Carroll passed on Mays and much was made of it on Mays' side.

From what I remember reading he had unbelievable straight-line speed at that size, but his hips were even more stiff than Roy Williams(the Oklahoma RW). You can't blast a player away with a big hit if you can't get into position to do so.......that said, I have not seen him perform at the NFL level so I don't have an opinion from my own eyes, just what I've read.

The book on Mays has always been that he's a great athlete with zero football instincts.

RIP… the world is a less-colorful place without that goofball.

Wasn't this the guy who got all pissy when Pete Carroll took a different safety in the draft last year? As if Carroll should have taken him because he was a USC guy?

Pass.

It cracks me up that the Bengals' own site ran the story based on Donte's tweet instead of on the organization's announcement.

Yes, and yes.

This is what many knowledgeable observers said about Mays… that he's not a football player.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

You either; A: have no clue what you're talking about. B: are Taylor Mays.

Yes he's strong. He's he's fast. That's all. He can't move side to size. He can't recognize offenses. He sucks. I watch every niner game due to my friend being a niner fan and have come to the conclusion that he is a very lucky man. A player with his football knowledge getting one NFL paycheck Is like any one of us winning the lottery. one in a million.

You said he's an instant upgrade at Run support and is better than whitner in coverage. What a farce. I'll add C to the choices. C: you play with Taylor mays in madden 11 on rookie difficulty.

Wasn't this the guy who got all pissy when Pete Carroll took a different safety in the draft last year? As if Carroll should have taken him because he was a USC guy?

Pass.

It cracks me up that the Bengals' own site ran the story based on Donte's tweet instead of on the organization's announcement.

what makes me smirk a little bit is that people laugh at how bush league our org is at times. This just shows you that it can be worse. Lol