Taylor Mays anyone?

what makes me smirk a little bit is that people laugh at how bush league our org is at times. This just shows you that it can be worse. Lol

Having lived in the Bay Area for nearly 6 years, I can definitely say that both the 49ers and the Raiders have been highly dysfunctional organizations.

You have clearly never seen this guy play.

and you clearly have no clue what your talking about. Taylor Mays was a good college player with nothing but upside coming into the draft last year. he had an average to below average rookie year but he still has a better chance of becoming a solid playmaker then guys like Maybin and Kelsay are for us. even if you think his coverage skills are lacking he still has the body to put on an extra 15 lbs and be a better OLB then Kelsay and guranteed to have worlds better cover skills them him and you wouldnt lose any of the run support.

You either; A: have no clue what you're talking about. B: are Taylor Mays.

Yes he's strong. He's he's fast. That's all. He can't move side to size. He can't recognize offenses. He sucks. I watch every niner game due to my friend being a niner fan and have come to the conclusion that he is a very lucky man. A player with his football knowledge getting one NFL paycheck Is like any one of us winning the lottery. one in a million.

You said he's an instant upgrade at Run support and is better than whitner in coverage. What a farce. I'll add C to the choices. C: you play with Taylor mays in madden 11 on rookie difficulty.

ill add choice D. D: none of the above. i didnt watch any of his 49ers games so that much i cant comment on but watch every USC game every year and Mays has Alot more god given talent and upside then guys like Maybin and Kelsay. people dont think he can play saftey fine put him at OLB he would be a better option then maybin and kelsay and if you dont think so you obviously dont know football as well as you think you do

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up one way or the other. Taylor Mays was clearly drafted last year as a WORKOUT warrior. Everyone in the draft knew he was nowhere near Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, however he had amazing workouts, and showed he was one of the most athletic guys at the combine causing his stock to rise. A new regime came into SF and obviously did not want to wait for a raw kid to develop. Simple as that. The kid has all the athletic ability in the world, and may or may not pan out. It is definitely too early to say that he is a bust, and is definitely worth taking a shot at. He was 100% viewed as a project coming out of college so its ridiculous to say his career is over. The asking price won't be high at all, and we have guys we can develop him under while he progresses. Football can be taught. Athleticism like that can not be. Also, I do not put any stock into the fact that SF is looking to get rid of them, because they let half of their top tier defensive players walk away (spikes, clements, laboy, franklin). Obviously, they have a totally different vision in mind in SF. It doesnt mean the kid sucks.

Edited by coseybedaman

He is better than scott and corto

Agreed, although i like Scott. Scott and Mays are very similar in that they are of similar stature and kind of SS/OLB tweeners though Mays is definitely the stronger,faster and younger version

and you clearly have no clue what your talking about. Taylor Mays was a good college player with nothing but upside coming into the draft last year. he had an average to below average rookie year but he still has a better chance of becoming a solid playmaker then guys like Maybin and Kelsay are for us. even if you think his coverage skills are lacking he still has the body to put on an extra 15 lbs and be a better OLB then Kelsay and guranteed to have worlds better cover skills them him and you wouldnt lose any of the run support.

ill add choice D. D: none of the above. i didnt watch any of his 49ers games so that much i cant comment on but watch every USC game every year and Mays has Alot more god given talent and upside then guys like Maybin and Kelsay. people dont think he can play saftey fine put him at OLB he would be a better option then maybin and kelsay and if you dont think so you obviously dont know football as well as you think you do

First off, I commented on your post which talked about him playing safety. You said he was great vs the run and better in coverage than whitner. Now, your argument is that he would make a better OLB than maybin and kelsey if he gained 15 lbs. That would make him around 240 at best. Not really what we're looking for at olb, especially an olb with zero football "feel". Yes, he's be better than maybin. You're probably better than maybin, so that's not saying much. Maybin probably won't be in the NFL for long. Kelsey sucks at olb, but I doubt mays would be better. There's no way to prove it, because mays won't be an olb for the bills. Ever. Why? Because he sucks. He's physically gifted, mentally challenged and lacks agility. He's a strict north-south runner that can't change direction, which makes his speed near useless. He constantly over runs plays and takes himself out of position and doesn't have the ability to stop and turn around to make up for it. You think he's great. Keep thinking that all you want, as long as buddy doesn't, I'm happy.