Donte say's his heart is in Buffalo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll be back. With this unusual free agency period, time is of the essence for guys in this buyers market. They want to play and need to play somewhere. I don't think the Bills turn away depth and a decent player familiar with the defense over personal feelings.

The Bengals appeared to be the only serious interest and that looks to have ended.

Whitner is a solid player, and I couldn't care less about his tweets.

But my guess is that the Bills have moved on. If their starting lineup at safety is George Wilson and Jairus Byrd, and their depth at the position is Bryan Scott and Searcy, where in that equation would Whitner fit? They don't need more depth players at safety, and Wilson's pass coverage is better than Whitner's.

and Wilson's pass coverage is better than Whitner's.

George Wilson's EVERYTHING is better than Whitner's. Better instincts, better hands, better height, better tackling, better playmaker, better leadership... better player, period.

i like donte. guy plays with passion and is a student of the game. he just seems to have a bit of an inflated sense of value (which he may be coming down on) and is a bit a a twitter drama queen. i don't think there is any question about his desire to win or that he is a team player. i'm just not sure if he reallt fits here with his personality and i wish him the best wherever he goes. i just think if he comes back it may be a bit awkward.

Yeah

I say no to bringing back Donte Whitner.....a few reasons why?

Poor ball skills

Lacks any playmaking ability

Not a good tackler

Takes unnecessary penalties

Not a leader of men!

Unfashionable and over compensates with too much colonge

Says and tweets stupidness

I say no to bringing back Donte Whitner.....a few reasons why?

Poor ball skills

Lacks any playmaking ability

Not a good tackler

Takes unnecessary penalties

Not a leader of men!

Unfashionable and over compensates with too much colonge

Says and tweets stupidness

I don't know about items 3 and 4. His tackling wasn't bad; far better than Poz who would let the TE or RB duke him out of his stance. As for the penalties, Florence had a lot more pass interference calls that Donte ever did. You could always count on an interference call against Florence to keep a drive alive.

I don't know about items 3 and 4. His tackling wasn't bad; far better than Poz who would let the TE or RB duke him out of his stance. As for the penalties, Florence had a lot more pass interference calls that Donte ever did. You could always count on an interference call against Florence to keep a drive alive.

It's hard to get called for pass interference when you're completely out of position...

There were so many posters on this board who said that once Lil Donte hit the market, he'd be snatched up in a second!! :w00t: Where is Dean???!!! :nana:

Lil Donte is an average safety. He is jack of all trades and a master of none. I'd sign him to a 1 year contract so he could show the heir apparent HOW NOT TO PLAY safety. :sick:

Isn't Donte the guy everyone was blaming our inability to cover TE's on last year? Thanks, but I'll pass. Sometimes it is truly addition by subtraction.

It's not like he got burned by Ben Watson twice, running the same play, to lose the game that the Pats came back to win on both of those plays.

Oh right... :thumbdown:

I would be wrong not to mention Leodis's nice fumble to force Donte into blowing the coverage.

Edited by The Wiz

I wish Donte the best...but, I will swan dive off of the Hover Dam...if the Bills give him a long tern contract of 5 million per year!

His bipolar tweets have ruined my life as a Bills fan over the past 2 years!

It's amazing how much fans are concerned about player salaries.. It's not your money why do you care what the guy is paid?

His tweets ruined your life? Your life must be pretty sad if his tweets ruined it. How about this.. don't read twitter?

Even if your assessment is correct you would have to think this coaching staff doesn't agree since Whitner started over Wilson all last season.

Yes - but they also started Edwards over Fitzpatrick as well. They watched and they learned. It took a little more time with Whitner - and because he is such a vocal guy in the lockerroom. Honestly, if Wilson didn't have that same leadership ability, I'd think twice too. They call him the "Senator" - he's a more mature team leader.

All this being said, I would love to see this position get better talent over Wilson. He's not the be-all-end-all safety. He's just better than the player demanding to get paid in the top 5 at his position, when in truth, he's in the bottom 5. Free agency shined on light on that beast for certain.