There goes another OT

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Eagles signed RT Ryan Harris to a one-year contract.

It's never a bad idea to lock up a starting-capable offensive lineman on the cheap. Harris, 26, will use this one-year deal to try to rehab his value and reenter the open market in 2012. Harris has missed 10 games due to injuries over the past two seasons, but he is an athletic blocker who will fit new OL coach Howard Mudd's scheme. The signing would seem to confirm concern that starting RT Winston Justice's knee isn't coming along quickly.

Yeah, this isn't a major thing.

yea we only let a starting-caliber right tackle go on a one year deal cuz we have a starting-caliber RT in Pears.

:doh:

Fitz is gonna get killed with the right side of the line we have now.

O and we are only 20 mill under the cap couldn't shell out 2-3 mill for a NFL RT.

Edited by bills_red

I know that he's not huge signing but how do the Eagles keep signing people?!

Because according to half the fans here drinking the cool aid, the Eagles don't know what they are doing. Dont they know the only way to build a successful team is through the draft.

He's an oft-injured zone blocking T that struggled when placed in a traditional blocking scheme (like ours). Pass.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8324&team=7

Gave up 3.75 sacks last year in 11 games. In 46 games 6.75 sacks in his carrer.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7588&team=2

1 sack in 2 games last year. 46 games 17.5 sacks.

Yep, pass :wallbash:

He's an oft-injured zone blocking T that struggled when placed in a traditional blocking scheme (like ours). Pass.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8324&team=7

Gave up 3.75 sacks last year in 11 games. In 46 games 6.75 sacks in his carrer.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7588&team=2

1 sack in 2 games last year. 46 games 17.5 sacks.

Yep, pass :wallbash:

nothing to add QCity?

nothing to add QCity?

so you expect him to continually be paying attention to you and that after 40 minutes you could no longer stand that he had not paid attention to you? If you're interested, I know someone you can talk to you in a safe place. He can help.

well said he was still on so yea. just thought he didn't cuz he was like "o wow i was wrong Harris is much better than Pears."

I dont understand why your nuts are in a knot over this guy. The best he could pull is a 1 year deal. If he was any better than the cast of "warm bodies" dont you think that 1 of the 32 teams would have tied him up for more than 1 year.

Edited by artmalibu

I dont understand why your nuts are in a knot over this guy. The best he could pull is a 1 year deal. If he was any better than out cast of "warm bodies" dont you think that 1 of the 32 teams would have tied him up for more than 1 year.

injury history is probably why he got 1 yr. but he is still much better than the crap we have at RT. I guess my problem is the fact we are not even looking at a RT expect for Clabo.

I know that he's not huge signing but how do the Eagles keep signing people?!

very simple....they have an owner who wants to win and is willing to spend money to do so, unlike who we have here in Buffalo...Looks like the Sabres are gonna end up spending more in payroll than the Bills. Im not saying spending equals success all the time, but there were impact players available at positions we needed this year...

When was the last time the Bills had a legitimate NFL tight end..Zach Miller or even Greg Olsen would have been a huge upgrade at the position. And tackle, obviously Clabo has been mentioned over and over. But thats another need position that the Bills cheaped out on. I know, I know, they like their guys...Heard it over and over again..Maybe they will get 50 catches total out of all their TE's combined.

very simple....they have an owner who wants to win and is willing to spend money to do so, unlike who we have here in Buffalo...Looks like the Sabres are gonna end up spending more in payroll than the Bills. Im not saying spending equals success all the time, but there were impact players available at positions we needed this year...

That is so unfair! I'm certain that the Cryptkeeper is pressed to tightly against the cap that we are struggling to re-sign players. And how dare... what? you say we're way under the cap? About 20 million?

When was the last time the Bills had a legitimate NFL tight end..Zach Miller or even Greg Olsen would have been a huge upgrade at the position. And tackle, obviously Clabo has been mentioned over and over. But thats another need position that the Bills cheaped out on. I know, I know, they like their guys...Heard it over and over again..Maybe they will get 50 catches total out of all their TE's combined.

Because we all know the best teams spend the most money. Signed, Dan Snyder

And I would have like to take a look at Harris but oh well.

I guess my problem is the fact we are not even looking at a RT expect for Clabo.

Awesome, we have another insider who knows what the front office is and isn't doing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the insight dude!