MIchael Jasper

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get the hype machine rolling on this guy but it's the "planet theory" as I believe it is called? 6'4" 390lbs, 32" vertical..etc...etc??? There are literally only a handful of guys on the entire planet that can do those things.

I have no idea who this Joel Bell is but 6'7" 315 is not really that out of the ordinary for an NFL football player. Not sure the comparison is even remotely valid.

I think the comparison is more to fans over-hyping a developmental guy. Lonnie Harvey also comes to mind from last offseason.

I hope for the best with Jasper.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I see no reason not to be excited by this kid. It's like all the tards that find it necessary to chastise fans not to overlook a game. Who cares if I think it's an easy win? I'm not the one on the field; I'm a FAN.

Same thing here. I'm psyched about Jasper and I expect him to kick butt every chance he's on the field. I'm a fan, I get to think that way. But of course we get no shortage of people that will tell me to temper my expectations cause he's a long shot.

Edited by Faustus

I think the comparison is more to fans over-hyping a developmental guy. Lonnie Harvey also comes to mind from last offseason.

I hope for the best with Jasper.

I half expected Jasper to immediately prove why he played D-III ball at Bethel and look totally out of place. So I was nothing short of excited to see that the kid cleared the first hurdle and at least looked like he was worthy to stick around for another day of camp.

Its ridiculous to think this kid isnt going to play for us this year. This isn't your typical UDFA project that has a 5% chance of panning out. Our organization was watching this kid for 2 years to see how he developed, and to see how he played. They told him to lose the weight and we will draft you. He went above and beyond. He made good on his promise and the organization made good on theirs. He would have to be very very disappointing to not make the roster this year. I dont see it happening in any way. Maybe I am overconfident about Jasper, but I feel like he is our next Pat Williams. I just hope when its time to pay up we dont let him walk away like usual. Thats way down the line though. If MJ works out its just such a great story for the player, for the team, for the coaches, and for the scouts from start to finish.

I would like to see him get down to about 360. I think with our staff and the grind of training camp he will drop some weight and be monitored on his diet. At 360 I see I real chance of making an impact.

I don't see 390 cutting it. I know he is athletic but he is asking for too many health problems at this weight at an NFL level. I don't know of any 390 lb successful lineman in the NFL. Do you?

I would like to see him get down to about 360. I think with our staff and the grind of training camp he will drop some weight and be monitored on his diet. At 360 I see I real chance of making an impact.

I don't see 390 cutting it. I know he is athletic but he is asking for too many health problems at this weight at an NFL level. I don't know of any 390 lb successful lineman in the NFL. Do you?

Good question. At one time in the not so distant past a 300lb O-lineman was unusual. Now it's basically the standard.

you're about the only person I've run into who doesn't like Jackson, but your nickname could offer a clue about that.

Wait, where'd you get that from??? I love F. Jackson.

My post was in reference to some of us who saw greatness in Jabari and FJ when Jauron thought they'd do better on the bench.

And I might have to change my name to DAREUS MODE if he keeps pancaking 323 pound lineman.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!