NFL Sunday Ticket Online?

I feel like last year they offered it to non DirectTV customers... but I just checked the site and it shows you are *required* to have DirectTV account + Regular Sunday Ticket in order to purchase the online Sunday Ticket...

Any way of getting Sunday Ticket Online for non DirectTV customers?

I'm willing to give the NFL money to watch their games, but apparently they are unwilling to take it. :(

I feel like last year they offered it to non DirectTV customers... but I just checked the site and it shows you are *required* to have DirectTV account + Regular Sunday Ticket in order to purchase the online Sunday Ticket...

I'm willing to give the NFL money to watch their games, but apparently they are unwilling to take it. :(

Before last season it came with the regular Sunday Ticket and having the games in HD was the "Super Fan" addition that cost more. Since so many people complained, they made HD part of the regular Sunday Ticket and included the online games as part of the "Super Fan" extra package of which they tried to automatically carry forward for the extra $ if you already had the HD/Super Fan package the year before.

Edited by billsfreak

I thought you could get it if you couldn't get directv where you lived.

I think some people simply said they couldn't get directv, and no questions were asked.

There's really no good way for directv to confirm that info; what if you live in an apartment building that doesn't allos satellites?

I thought you could get it if you couldn't get directv where you lived.

I think some people simply said they couldn't get directv, and no questions were asked.

There's really no good way for directv to confirm that info; what if you live in an apartment building that doesn't allos satellites?

That's exactly what my situation is. I have no way of getting DirectTV (not that I want it, though).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought they offered it on their site last year for a couple hundred bucks.

That's exactly what my situation is. I have no way of getting DirectTV (not that I want it, though).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought they offered it on their site last year for a couple hundred bucks.

Best thing to do is call. I'm not sure how the online package works.

Not quite the same, but a cheaper alternative is to sign up for "NFL Rewind"...you can watch all games on-line, but you can't watch them live. If you buy it now it is 39.95 for the season. Cool thing is, during the season, you can go back and watch any game from that season. I will admit, I got it the last few years, and don't use it as much as I thought I might, but, it is invaluable the one or two weeks of the season where I have to work on Sunday...I can avoid scores while at work, and come home and watch the game, on-line, later that evening. I have to work out at the Austin City Limits festival the Sunday we play the Raiders...so I will be up late watching on-line.

Edited by Buftex

Not quite the same, but a cheaper alternative is to sign up for "NFL Rewind"...you can watch all games on-line, but you can't watch them live. If you buy it now it is 39.95 for the season. Cool thing is, during the season, you can go back and watch any game from that season. I will admit, I got it the last few years, and don't use it as much as I thought I might, but, it is invaluable the one or two weeks of the season where I have to work on Sunday...I can avoid scores while at work, and come home and watch the game, on-line, later that evening. I have to work out at the Austin City Limits festival the Sunday we play the Raiders...so I will be up late watching on-line.

but don't you have to wait until midnight or something to watch the games? that would be rough...

Technically, that's illegal. Back in the '90s I remember this issue came up (my wife and I lived in an apartment at the time and were interested in getting satellite). I don't remember if it was a court decision or FCC rules or Congress, but it was made clear that it was illegal for property owners to prevent tenants from putting up a dish. Doesn't mean they don't continue to try, of course. But technically it is illegal (unless the law has changed again in the past dozen years or so).

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

NFL Sunday Ticket To Go $350 for the season

Well look at that...

Hmmm, that comes out to... just under $22/game. Or I can go to a bar and get food/beer for that much each week while watching it with other angry fans... choices, choices. :D

(I see that ordering isn't actually possible though at the moment...)

Edited by Dorkington

How is the HD quality? I'm assuming its 720. What about the stream? Any latency or stuttering when switching through games? I like to switch channels like a maniac - will each have to buffer?

Edit: Questions are about the Direct TV $350 service, not the other thing.

Edited by QCity

I checked in on this last year.

The Preseason live package is what it implies, preseason games (that are not being televised already) live.

During the regular season, there is no live online service available in the US. The best you can do is the NFL Rewind, which will let you view all of the games after they have been played, typically available in 24 hours after the game.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the Sunday Ticket thing. #350 is a bit pricey, but I like to watch more than the Bills.

Edited by timba

The Preseason live package is what it implies, preseason games (that are not being televised already) live.

During the regular season, there is no live online service available in the US. The best you can do is the NFL Rewind, which will let you view all of the games after they have been played, typically available in 24 hours after the game.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the Sunday Ticket thing. #350 is a bit pricey, but I like to watch more than the Bills.

Do you know if the pre-season live thing archives the games, or is your only option to watch them live? I was looking for this, but had no luck...I remember hearing about it last year, or the year before...but, with justin Tv, etc, it didn't seem necessary at the time...but would love to be able to see the pre-season games...call me a geek!

Do you know if the pre-season live thing archives the games, or is your only option to watch them live? I was looking for this, but had no luck...I remember hearing about it last year, or the year before...but, with justin Tv, etc, it didn't seem necessary at the time...but would love to be able to see the pre-season games...call me a geek!

I already signed up for this year!

It archives the preseason games, but only while the preseason is going on. Once the regular season started, I could no longer access preseason games.

Sure sounds like you can get it for the regular season too, no?

Whether you're watching on your computer or mobile device, with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, you get:

Live Streaming Video: Enjoy every NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ game. You can switch from game to game at any time.

RED ZONE® Channel: Watch the final yards of every scoring drive on one dedicated channel.

Highlights: Relive the big moments. See all the significant plays from every game, either individually or consecutively.

Scores & Game Status: See scores and game status for the current week's completed and in-progress games. Check the schedule for the upcoming games.

Instant Stats: An indispensable feature for fantasy footballers. Track your favorite players' performance with a touch. Get game and player stats instantly for each game.

link

I'm thinking about buying NFL Rewind this year. I know NFL.com says games will be available by midnight. When have they been ready to watch since you've subscribed? Was it really midnight Eastern?

Thanks for any info/

Sure sounds like you can get it for the regular season too, no?

Whether you're watching on your computer or mobile device, with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, you get:

Live Streaming Video: Enjoy every NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ game. You can switch from game to game at any time.

RED ZONE® Channel: Watch the final yards of every scoring drive on one dedicated channel.

Highlights: Relive the big moments. See all the significant plays from every game, either individually or consecutively.

Scores & Game Status: See scores and game status for the current week's completed and in-progress games. Check the schedule for the upcoming games.

Instant Stats: An indispensable feature for fantasy footballers. Track your favorite players' performance with a touch. Get game and player stats instantly for each game.

I didn't see the 'as long as it's not available at your address' stipulation. Looks like I will have to stick with the game rewind.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

NFL Sunday Ticket To Go $350 for the season

Thanks to you posting this link I just signed up for Direct TV. Saving over $50/mo over my cable package, getting a ton more channels, plus Sunday Ticket on TV and online for free.

PTR