the front 7

after watching half this board self destruct because of the perceived lack of fa activity, can we all find at least a small happy place to go to with our draft picks/fa signings? it seems like we are now a bit more tooled up for the 3-4 defense as well as some mean 4 man fronts with depth to go around. now let's try not to flip out over the o-line/tight end spots, buddy's "be patient" approach just might work after all. we haven't made a lot of moves, but so far i like them all.

Well actually, now that you mention TE's I'm very pleased we now have a LB who actually can do a pretty good job covering them. I did not have any confidence whatsoever in any LB on the roster covering a TE before the Burnett signing. So yeah, go ahead and put me down for a little optimism too. :thumbsup:

Dareus - Jasper - Williams

can't wait !!

not just them. but i believe we have quality depth with spencer, edwards, troup and carrington. and i guess in 4 man fronts you can throw kelsay in there as well. but yes, the beef up front should be able to give a lot of o-lines fits.

Front three (3), yes, front seven (7), not so much:

3 of the four (LBs) front seven started a combined 9 or 10 games last year, and then there's Kelsay.

Not being negative, but there is a huge history of injury there and also bad play (Kelsay).

Maybe the massive guys they can put on the front line will keep these guys more healthy?

Edited by SoCal-Surf

Our starting front 7 will be Dareus, Williams, Carrington, Merriman, Sheppard, Barnett, and Moats. You'll have Troup, Jasper, Edwards, Davis, Batten, Torbor, Kelsay, Coleman, and Maybin in the rotation. We should be better against the run for sure. In being better against the run on 1st and 2nd down hopefully the 3rd down conversion rate against us will drop significantly and our offense will see the field a lot more. One can only hope.

Our starting front 7 will be Dareus, Williams, Carrington, Merriman, Sheppard, Barnett, and Moats. You'll have Troup, Jasper, Edwards, Davis, Batten, Torbor, Kelsay, Coleman, and Maybin in the rotation. We should be better against the run for sure. In being better against the run on 1st and 2nd down hopefully the 3rd down conversion rate against us will drop significantly and our offense will see the field a lot more. One can only hope.

Maybin :w00t:

The lbs will be the biggest ? this year. If Barnett and Merriman play to form, Shephard lives up to the billing, and Moats continues to progress we could have the most dominant D in the conference. However, if Merriman goes on IR week 3, Barnett is a shell of his former self, Shephard has growing pains, and Moats has a sophomore slump, well, it could be another long year.

Jasper is pretty raw but he's huge!!

First day reports (Ok, they are just first day reports) have him pushing the line backwards when he has been in there.

Starting the season with Edwards-Williams-Dareus/Merriman-Barnett-Davis-Moats works for me with Sheppard moving Davis out of the way by mid-season. Our depth on the line has Johnson-Troup-Jasper-Carrington-Kelsay, which isn't a bad group to have in reserve although I agree that if Jasper is the real thing the line of Williams-Jasper-Darues would be awesome! Our LB depth includes: Sheppard-Batten-Coleman-Torbor-White, which is a pretty decent line-up.

Obviously it means left out to the curb is Mr. Maybin and Mr. McCargo (I just looked at the Bills 'official roster' and McCargo is not listed. Where is McCargo? Has anyone heard about the team making an official move with him? I know he Tweeted something earlier about discussions but I have not read any news report ... maybe he will be on a GR list tomorrow morning.