Bills will misuse Dareus

Just caught the two bumbling fools Dukes and Sapp going on about how Dareus is incredibly talented but that despite him being an elite 3-technqiue, we will use him as a 5-technique and considerably limit his effectiveness. But they also said he's so gifted that he'll succeed anywhere. They went on to say we've dropped the ball on this one.

I'm not very fond of these two guys and I think they've jumped the gun a bit by assuming to know how the Bills will use him despite Camp only opening today.

I can't imagine the Bills "ruining" him and making him play out of position. But I must agree with Sapp when he said if we just put Dareus inside with Williams and let them play, they'll penetrate all day and completely stop the run game.

Regardless, I'm excited to see him play and think he'll be a contributor from day one and never look back.

Thoughts?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm hoping to see mr. dareus all over the line in many fronts putting fear into o-linemen, running backs and qb's alike. i am hoping that our coaching staff will be creative on that side of the ball and let the chaos reign all over opposing offenses. i hope, i wish...i BILLIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Brown to Dareus during post signing interview: I talked with Jairus Byrd who said he caught a glimpse of the Alabama playbook and he said he was shocked by how similiar it was what you'll be doing here in Buffalo.

Dareus: I know. I was flipping through thinking, man, this is exactly what we used to run! I'll be doing the same I things I did in Bama!

(note: the above is paraphrased)

Either way, the dolts from the NFLN are just playing to the "hahahaha don't the Bills suck" crowd. YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.

Didn't he play 5-tech. in ALA 34 with Nick Saban? Looks like Dukes and Sapp forgot that.

He did. Those a-holes just like competing for airtime saying stupid ****. NFL Network Hires all the worthless leftovers that the other networks don't want.

This is the same idiot Jamie "mayonaise" Dukes that was all up in arms after the draft saying that Dareus is a NT and he needs to be rushing the passer. He didn't know that he lined up on the end quite a bit in Bama and that Chan is on record saying he was going to play alot of time on the ends. I wouldn't put any faith in anything anyone at NFLN says...

The way I look at it, the Bills were dead last in Run D last year. Nix obviously knows this. When Our pick came around we had the opportunity to not only take arguably the best player in the draft, but the best run defender in the draft.

Dareus was drafted to shore up our run D. Period. And he'll be used in that capacity.

Plus he played 5 technique at Alabama.

I like football so I have and watch NFLN. The Bills coverage is limited and when you get a piece on the Bills, they butcher it with inaccuracies.

There is no Wonderlic test to be an NFL Network analyst.

PTR

apparently all you have to be able to do is open your mouth towards the camera and let random incoherant thoughts fall from your lips...which is sometimes entertaining but most times just causes severe headaches and occasional indegestion.

Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes both said that the Bills are making a mistake by putting Dareus at the 5 technique when he should be playing his natural position of the 3 as a one gap penetrator. Well idiots he played the 5 in college as a two gap end and he made his plays from there and he will do the same for us. :angry:

apparently all you have to be able to do is open your mouth towards the camera and let random incoherant thoughts fall from your lips...which is sometimes entertaining but most times just causes severe headaches and occasional indegestion.

If you watch carefully you can see the hand that moves Dukes mouth.

PTR

Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes both said that the Bills are making a mistake by putting Dareus at the 5 technique when he should be playing his natural position of the 3 as a one gap penetrator. Well idiots he played the 5 in college as a two gap end and he made his plays from there and he will do the same for us. :angry:

All ready being discussed in another thread.

Sapp's no fool, not when it comes to talking about defensive linemen, at least. And he's a huge Dareus fan. Based on what you've posted, all he's saying is that Dareus' talents won't be maximized putting him head up on a tackle and telling him to hold his ground.

He went through that himself when he was with Oakland and they switched to a 3-4 for a year. He's not a fan of using penetrating D-linemen as 5 techs. As he's pointed out on numerous occasions, how many 5 techs have more than 10 sacks per year?

I think there are a number of arguments that can be made, especially in run defense, where Dareus will go a long way towards holding up one side of the line. And they're right, Dareus' speed-strength combo lends him to succeeding anywhere along the DL.

But pairing him on the inside with Kyle Williams, if they decide to do so, could really cause problems on an interior OL. If Dareus is as good as I think he is, they could be the best DT tandem we've had since Pat Williams-Sam Adams, and quite possibly surpass them. But you have to use them correctly.

At least at times, put them together, force an OL to double team one and leave the other with a single blocker. Good things will happen.

All Sapp really seems to be saying is, don't waste the guys talent just holding the line.

Or as Keith Jackson would say, "you have to let the big dog hunt."

There is no Wonderlic test to be an NFL Network analyst.

PTR

Well, there might be; there's just certainly no minimum required score.

I love how angry everyone is about this; boy, us Bills fans really do have thin skin, huh?

We wouldn't get so bent if these numbnuts bothered to be accurate. Things are bad enough without folks making up more bad crap.

PTR

Jamie Dukes is a !@#$ing idiot. My cat offers more insightful commentary. The guy is a glorified ball washer.

I'm sure he doesn't know that we added Dave Wanny in the offseason. None of us have any idea how they'll change the defense this year.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse