Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

I wake up this morning feeling the same way I did in 07' when dallas beat us on Monday night with a lasssst second field goal and in 09' when Mckelvin decided to return that kickoff against NE and we lost the opener. Does losing Clabo hurt? Yes.....but as much as LOVE my bills i am also a realest. Ask yourself...(and put the cities aside) would you leave the Falcons for the Bills? I mean...compare the owners, the state of the franchise, the overall talent on the team....14 wins last year vs 4.... Hell..If GB doesnt make the playoffs (which they almost didnt) who knows who comes in to ATl for that playoff game where they never lose at home. Prior to him re-signing all reports pointed at us offering a lot more than ANYONE! So although I dont believe in moral victories.... its obvious we are attempting to address pressing needs (minus the brad smith signing). Clabo just has what most people lack....Common sense!

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the tackles available:

1- RYAN HARRIS RT, BRONCOS.... 26 YEARS....... INJURY CONCERNS..... BUT TO ME IS THE SAFEST PICK

2- JARED GAITHER RT OR LT, RAVENS...... 25 YEARS...... HE HAS INJURY CONCERNS TOO.......

3- JAMAL BROWN T, REDSKINS..... 30 YEARS...... THE ONLY THING WITH THIS GUY IS AGE, HE HAS SURGERY IN THE PAST TOO.......

4- LANGSTON WALKER RT, RAIDERS, 31 YEARS...... HE IS GOOD VS. THE RUN, AND AVERAGE AT BEST VS THE PASS.......

THE GUARDS AVAILABLE:

1- JUSTIN BLALOCK, FALCONS.... 27 YEARS...... WE NEED SOMETHING FROM THE FALCONS, THEY STOLE CLABO......

2- DAVIN JOSEPH, TAMPA.....27 YEARS....... HES GOOD....... AND HE IS YOUNG......

THE TIGHT ENDS:

1- ZACK MILLER, RAIDERS....... 25 YEARS...... PLEASE...... WE´LL NOT GOING TO MISSED PETE METZELAARS IN THIS YEAR WITH THIS GUY.....

2- KEVIN BOSS, GIANTS........ 27 YEARS...... A GOOD CONSOLATION PRIZE

3- TODD HEAP, RAVENS....... 31 YEARS....... HE´S OLD, BUT CAN BE PRODUCTIVE FOR 2 YEARS......

THE ILB´S

1- STEPHEN TULLOK, TITANS....... 26 YEARS, PLEASE.... I NEED THIS GUY, GIVE ME THIS GUY AND I WILL BE SALIVATING FOR THIS DEFENSE, DAREUS, K. WILLIAMS, FLORENCE, BYRD......

2- KEVIN BURNET, CHARGERS....... 28 YEARS, THIS GUY IS GOOD.........

3- STEWART BRADLEY, EAGLES...... 27 YEARS, I NEED ONE OF THOSE GUYS.........

I'd like to order Gaither for my appetizer , I'll hav Joseph for the entre....is there an up charge to go off the menu @ TE? In that case, I'll have a tall glass of Spaeth. Oh, and give me Burnett for my desert!

What a meal!!

Seeing the Clabo numbers, I'll admit I'm pissed. I'd really like to know what Buffalo offered.

Anybody think the inability to actually bring this guy to the facilities and meet face to face played a significant role? I do.

I think he just really wanted to stay with his team. As long as the numbers were close I felt he would stay. I know everyone wants to blame the Bills but some guys don't want to move.

I don't think $7 mil/year would have been unreasonable. Maybe a little steep, but to solidify our biggest weakness, yeah, I think it'd be worth it.

So we agree these 9-10m guys are getting silly? Double his salary then watch everyone get pissed off when he doesn't give 10m impact.

Giving a shade more is fine by me, but doubling offers is a joke.

So we agree these 9-10m guys are getting silly? Double his salary then watch everyone get pissed off when he doesn't give 10m impact.

Oh absolutely. You can only tie up so much in one guy. If we offered Clabo somewhere in the vicinity of $35 mil over 5 yrs with $15 mil guaranteed and he didn't take it I can't fault the FO for that. I'm really curious what the offer was though. But I find it hard to believe that he'd sacrifice $10 million to stay in Atl regardless of the circumstances.

it was hardly a secret the Bills were interested in Clabo. however, i take true issue in how this blog (the person who runs the site claims it's not a blog, but i beg to differ) presented its version of the story today.

first it reported that the deal was done, and its source was very trustworthy and they wouldn't be reporting this if it wasn't. and then they reported that the news would come down later tonight.

well, it did, and not the way this blog reported it would.

and then we get a convenient explanation on how things apparently went down, and how this blog correctly reported the wrong story.

sorry, this is more than a pet peeve of mine when it comes to some (and i stress some) bloggers. in this business, being first is always the goal, but being accurate is more important. an apology is in order, otherwise, this site is essentially what it claims it isn't: a blog.

jw

John, I'm completely on your side here. These are bush league shenanigans, and I for one will definitely put zero stock in anything this blog claims to report in the future. In fact, I doubt I'll waste my time by clicking on a link that leads to the site. But I don't think you're giving blogs a fair shake. In the early days of newspapers, how rigid were the journalistic practices? Some were pretty good, some not so good. Blogs are just a different medium, and we're still in the fairly early stages of the medium. You seem to think that reliable reporting exempts a website from being a blog, and that underhanded tactics to draw attention are a hallmark of a blog. But the reliable ones are blogs, too. There are plenty of blogs that would never break a story without reliable sources, and wouldn't try to gloss it over if they happened to get it wrong. "Blog" should not be a pejorative. The guys running this queen city sports site are hacks, and they'd be hacks whether they were publishing online, in print, on TV, or on the radio. But not all blogs are run by hacks.

Agreed - and I was one of those guys. I got a little carried away last night. I think I was mentally trying to prevent the scenario where we signed Clabo, but I was pissed about it. So I raised my salary expectations way high. Still, one wonders what the Bills' offer was. My guess is that ATL exactly matched Buffalo's offer. If that's how it went down, I wonder what price tag would've been high enough for Atlanta not to match? Considering that Clabo is coming off a Pro Bowl season, has no injury history, is directly in his prime, and has been a starter for 4 straight seasons, it seems like his ultimate contract was below market value. He got about the same as Colon, who (I think) has never made a Pro Bowl, and missed all of last year with a major injury. I dunno, maybe he did give the Falcons a discount. Either way, it's disappointing. It's been a pretty dismal free agency period thus far.

I doubt any offer from the Bills would have been enough, and probably wouldn't have been enough from most other teams. And since he agreed to just a 5-year $25M deal with Atlanta, I can't even say that he used Buffalo as leverage since that's the minimum contract a Pro Bowl OT should make on the open market. I wonder if that was Atlanta's first and only offer or if that was a later offer, and I wonder what the Bills offered?

it was hardly a secret the Bills were interested in Clabo. however, i take true issue in how this blog (the person who runs the site claims it's not a blog, but i beg to differ) presented its version of the story today.

first it reported that the deal was done, and its source was very trustworthy and they wouldn't be reporting this if it wasn't. and then they reported that the news would come down later tonight.

well, it did, and not the way this blog reported it would.

and then we get a convenient explanation on how things apparently went down, and how this blog correctly reported the wrong story.

sorry, this is more than a pet peeve of mine when it comes to some (and i stress some) bloggers. in this business, being first is always the goal, but being accurate is more important. an apology is in order, otherwise, this site is essentially what it claims it isn't: a blog.

jw

I mean this is fairly standard practice for ESPN. Remember Mortenson backpedaling on "Mike Shannahan to the Chiefs!"? I can only assume most don't given that he still has a job.

Tough to trust a blog to be accurate when the worldwide leader makes as many false reports as they do.

Sometimes I wonder if the Bills don't make these lowball offers just to appease the Bills fanbase, so they can say we tried to sign this player or that player but they didn't want to come here. Maybe all along they don't want to sign/pay most of these "real" talents, but they want it to look like they do.

Sometimes I wonder if the Bills don't make these lowball offers just to appease the Bills fanbase, so they can say we tried to sign this player or that player but they didn't want to come here. Maybe all along they don't want to sign/pay most of these "real" talents, but they want it to look like they do.

What "lowball offers?"

what was the lowball offer? you got a link?

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

Ha! Seriously though, it might be an adventure getting up to the salary floor. We might see Akin Ayodele signed to a 2-year, $18mil contract.

Edited by Cash

Ha! Seriously though, it might be an adventure getting up to the salary floor. We might see Akin Ayodele signed to a 2-year, $18mil contract.

I hope the only sentence I ever read containing "Akin Ayodele" and "Buffalo Bill" also includes the word "former."

what was the lowball offer? you got a link?

Does there have to be a link for everything? What the heck did people like you do before internet? If you have been a Bills for more than 20 minutes or haven't been in a coma for the past decade you would know what I was talking about.

You would sooner see them sign Ralph himself to a 1 year $39 million contract to meet the minimum then put him and his oxygen on the bench.