Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Bingo.

The franchise continues to chase its tail. Its funny they talk about building through the draft and then rewarding those players, but then when they don't even reward that player the message becomes "someone on the roster is going to have to step up". I'm guessing if someone on the roster does step up, they'll be out the door 3 years from now.

Granted, theres only one example of that in Poz, but I'd bet this pattern continues in the near future considering the way this franchise has been run the past decade.

Heaven forbid a guy drafted by a different staff for a different scheme decides home is elsewhere.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best part of all of this will be Nix's spin on the situation.

"Naw, we didn't really pursue Clabo that hard. You media guys made all of that up. We like that Pears fella, he's going to be a great tackle for us this year, you'll see!"

Can you repeat that with a drawl?

I wanted clabo too. This sucks for sure but its not the end all be all. One free agent decided not to uproot his family in the pursuit of money, this happens. Even the infallible jets and pats don't always get their guy. Turn off the ignition, take your head out of the oven, put the safety back on, put the note back in the drawer and accept this for what it is - one signing that didn't work out.

I wanted clabo too. This sucks for sure but its not the end all be all. One free agent decided not to uproot his family in the pursuit of money, this happens. Even the infallible jets and pats don't always get their guy. Turn off the ignition, take your head out of the oven, put the safety back on, put the note back in the drawer and accept this for what it is - one signing that didn't work out.

+1 although I would like to see a big TE sign. I know there is a plan. Or so I am told they have a 3-5 year plan and to their credit, Chix started out with **** and will only get better and it takes time but they are moving forward. That hasn't happened here in a long time.

Holy chit people, we are the Buffalo Bills. Relax.

GET HIM.

Did you really think he would leave a winning organization with super bowl aspirations to come and play for the bills? Dream on! No one except overpaid 2nd tier free agents want to play in Buffalo. Cold, hard truth.

Did you really think he would leave a winning organization with super bowl aspirations to come and play for the bills? Dream on! No one except overpaid 2nd tier free agents want to play in Buffalo. Cold, hard truth.

Is it possible that clabo had no intention of leaving Atlanta and wouldn't have signed with any other team either? Or could it only be that buffalo is awful. It seems a lot is being read into this situation.

not sure if these guys have signed but I think they'd fit well here, starting with Trueblood:

jeremy trueblood, RT, TB

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=9645

ryan harris, RT, DEN

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=10514

charlie johnson, RT, IND

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=9785

All are relatively young, and are not graded too far off from Clabo according to Scouts inc (clabo was a 79, trueblood 73, harris 77, johnson 74).

everyone who is freaking out just chill and enjoy the fact the bills are making plays for good people. Get over your 'buffalo complex.' Brad Smith just left NYC for Buffalo. Poz left for a state where he will save 600k a year on income tax ALONE (90% of this group would do that). Drayton Florenec spurned NYC for Buffalo. it has nothing to do with the city and nothing to do with our "meddling owner" Ralph who is so meddling the he is at all the bills press conferences and sits in on every decision. Oh wait, thats Peugla (who I love and who is an owner that is involved. RW is watching tv in grosse pointe, MI).

Nix/Gailey/Whaley are our biggest assets in signing FAs. What we can't overcome is being in a hard division and out of hte playoffs for 11 years. WE are the Baltimore Orioles/Toronto Bluejays of the AFC East.

Nix/Gailey/Whaley are our biggest assets in signing FAs. What we can't overcome is being in a hard division and out of hte playoffs for 11 years. WE are the Baltimore Orioles/Toronto Bluejays of the AFC East.

Hey hey, no need to insult the Orioles and Jays by lumping them in with the Bills.

+1000..