I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!

jahnyc

Now it is back to the mega frustrating Buffalo Bills organization.

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents? How is this even possible? Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents. What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader. He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM). It looks bad to lose him and I doubt we have a back-up plan. I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

I agree that Poz chased the money, but we are left with yet another hole and the near certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

Sorry for the negative post, but I continue to have no confidence in this organization.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Poz chased the money, but we are left with yet another hole and the near certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

Sorry for the negative post, but I continue to have no confidence in this organization.

I get your frustration but don't know that Poz chased the money. He might have told his agent that he was so average in a 3-4 and hates playing in and he wants to play in a 4-3.

Simple then and he is yet another guy talikng out of both sides of his mouth with Buffalo is my #1 priority crap. But I guess if the money's low that is the case. If the money is ridiculi, then so be it.

And why be frustrated? We like the players, are better off that we didn't have to endure countless mini camps ota's etc. You might build yourself up to thinking we're better than we are.

Edited by beerme1

I have always been in the optimistic camp. We got worse today if that is even possible. I now am going to believe the front office , owner and coaches r lousy until they win. Not buying their spiel. They have their cute answer to everything but until they win they are simply talkers like the cracker jacks in DC

I stopped buying any Bills merchandise other than my season tickets two or three years ago as my own little protest. :ph34r:

But now we got new uni's and a new field and my old stuffs worn out and and and :w00t: Time to buy?

Edited by beerme1

Listen, I'm not one to sat Poz was a Pro Bowl player, but he was solid, a good leader and lockerroom guy and more specifically a guy we drafted. No matter who the coach or GM has been, out motto has been "build the team through the draft and keeping our players". Problem is....WE NEVER KEEP OUR OWN PLAYERS! Other than Kelsay, which still makes me vomit, we don't keep any of them. Makes it pretty tough to rebuild...

Listen, I'm not one to sat Poz was a Pro Bowl player, but he was solid, a good leader and lockerroom guy and more specifically a guy we drafted. No matter who the coach or GM has been, out motto has been "build the team through the draft and keeping our players". Problem is....WE NEVER KEEP OUR OWN PLAYERS! Other than Kelsay, which still makes me vomit, we don't keep any of them. Makes it pretty tough to rebuild...

I guess this means we are upset the Bills didn't keep a player fans didn't think was worth keeping?

PTR

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents? How is this even possible? Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents. What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader. He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM). It looks bad to lose him and I doubt we have a back-up plan. I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

That about summarizes day one of the post-lockout pretty well. There hasn't been one ounce of professionalism at One Bills Drive since John Butler left.

That about summarizes day one of the post-lockout pretty well. There hasn't been one ounce of professionalism at One Bills Drive since John Butler left.

what is so tough to figure out? The Buffalo Bills organization is looked at as one of the 3 biggest dump piles in the league. Tell me one good reason why a FA WOULD want to play here? No proven QB, no playoffs in a decade, a bush league front office, a meddling owner and uncertainty of the teams future. It is what it is - they have to nail the drafts. Have you noticed that the only reason QBs come here is because they have a chance to start.....Hey, I go to all the games and support this team but come on, to act surprised is just foolish.

I stopped buying any Bills merchandise other than my season tickets two or three years ago as my own little protest. :ph34r:

But now we got new uni's and a new field and my old stuffs worn out and and and :w00t: Time to buy?

I have not bought tickets or merchandise in 4 years now. Tired of the f___ng bullcrap. Nix is happy with the tackles on the roster. He must be the only human being on the planet thinking our tackles are good enough

I guess this means we are upset the Bills didn't keep a player fans didn't think was worth keeping?

PTR

depends on which fans you are talking about and depends on who we get to replace him. if its a torbor or ayodele type player i'll be furious

PTR

Yeah, because it really sounds like no one wanted to keep him. Come on Russ, just admit you are Russ Brandon..........

Please....

we might not be in the luck sweepstakes but who is the best middle lb in the draft seeing how buddy nix and the metamucil company will probably sleep through fa and the season

at the end of the day Andrew Luck could be the answer. It would be a painful ride to get there.

Man, you might have just summed things up perfectly. We really aren't ever that big in F.A., and the only other way to build a team is through the draft - yet, just about every excellent player we end up with that we drafted, whether it be early rounds or UDFA, ends up either getting a better offer elsewhere when F.A. hits, or they just don't want to play here and move on as soon as possible.

Now, to say we're building through the draft is pretty frustrating when we don't show it. I'm not saying I prefer Poz to other, IMO better ILB's, I'm just saying this is a trend that can't be ignored.

And, IMO the only way to stop this trend is to become good again before the young guys that have promise hit F.A., either by signing them to extensions before they're due, or by going after some key F.A.'s and getting back to a respectable level again so players around the league might want to come here for a shot at an up and comer.

Until we start doing either, I don't see this trend changing. I recall like three or four times today I read the Bills had inked an UDFA that might fit a need for us - one of the higher profile guys - only to have later read that another team snagged them from us. Today, with Poz, sounds like more of the same. If guys don't prefer Buffalo, then we better, as a team, start isolating certain guys that will make us definitely better, and just overpay for them.

Anyway, here's to hoping Nix is slyer still than we're used to seeing.

Tricks maybe, but no treats. You do realize that this is the same guy that signed Cornell Green to replace Butler at RT last year.

That one is going to be hard to forgive OR forget.

Yikes! Oh well, they did dump him. :thumbsup:

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents?

This never happened.

How is this even possible?

It's not.

Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents.

This never happened either.

What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader.

This hasn't happened yet.

He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM).

I've never heard one "expert" say "the Bills need to keep poz"

It looks bad to lose him

Not really, FA tend to be FA and go where the Money leads them.

(you don't let players you want to keep become free agents.)

and I doubt we have a back-up plan.

I doubt the Bills haven't planned for the contingency of losing their FA LB (you kind of plan on that when you dont extend them the year prior to them bring free agents. )

I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

You're entitled to your opinion and yes if Poz leaves it will be another hole to fill but I think it's not a certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

It is possible to find an ILB, in a 3-4 that makes form tackles 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Edited by Why So Serious?