If Poz leaves, will you be upset??

Scrappy

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poz's reputation has been bigger than his play IMO, so I wouldn't be sorry to see him walk. I can't remember a big play & his stats are average, so he can help us make 8-8 ball a reality, if we're lucky.

I really like Poz, but if someone like the Giants offer him 7-8 mil a year, then I won't be upset if the Bills don't want to over pay for him. But if he goes somewhere else for 4-5 mil because the Bills wouldn't match it, and they don't have a replacement, then I would be disappointed to say the least. Is Poz a future Hall of Famer, obviously not, but was he one of the top 2-4 players on our defense last year? Not even arguable, of course he was.

I will be upset. There are a few reasons. I don't think you truly need a all star middle linebacker for one. I also think Poz would take a pay cut (slight) for the Bills. I am sick and tired of losing our top draft picks to other teams. Keeping him on the Bills will definitely keep continuity. I think he is a very good MLB that is on par with Barrett Ruud from Tampa Bay and folks consider him all star quality. A healthy Poz is a no issue in the middle of our defense. He's also from Penn State. :)

Why does everyone say this about Poz I do believe that just 2 years ago we were playing in a 4-3 with Stroud and Williams manning the DT spots and even thou Stroud is and was over the hill he was not that bad and Williams has been pretty good since day 1 so who else would you like to place in front of Poz to make him better?

Who would I like to place in front of Poz to make him better?

How about Marcel Dareus, a healthy Dwan Edwards, and Torrell Troup and Alex Carrington with an additional year under their belts?

Although I don't think Poz is a great player, I'm in that huge group of people that believes that the Bills pathetic run defense over the past two years has mostly to do with a lack of talent on the D-line.

As for 2 years ago, the Bills ranked 30th in run defense giving up 156 yards per game. Last year they bottomed out at 32nd allowing 169 yards per game so your mention of two years ago…

I'm torn. He's better than anybody else we've got at LB, but he's not good enough to be worth the salary that he will command. I think it's a step backwards to let him go, but I understand not wanting to invest the money in this guy.

read some of the NY Giants boards, they think he is the 2nd coming of Urlacher. I however don't see him as that good, but a team without depth will never be great, and he is a good starter, but a great backup, plus with better personnel around him, he may even prove to me he's better than that. Right now it's too hard to assess his abilities when he's out of the lineup due to injury, or playing out of position when blockers can get through our front line.

Regardless of your view of his game, this team will not be better off without him on the team, and that's really the bottom line.

structure his pay to be more incentive based, and keep him, but this is the Buffalo Bills, and he will be gone. Nobody loses talent like the Buffalo Bills.

Who would I like to place in front of Poz to make him better?

How about Marcel Dareus, a healthy Dwan Edwards, and Torrell Troup and Alex Carrington with an additional year under their belts?

Although I don't think Poz is a great player, I'm in that huge group of people that believes that the Bills pathetic run defense over the past two years has mostly to do with a lack of talent on the D-line.

As for 2 years ago, the Bills ranked 30th in run defense giving up 156 yards per game. Last year they bottomed out at 32nd allowing 169 yards per game so your mention of two years ago…

Which you just made the point that NO ONE in front of Poz will make him better but everyone always makes that excuse for him that its the Dline's fault that he is making tackles down field. Poz is a stop gap and we should keep him around for that reason only but at a decent price not at 5-7mil a year no way let him go and see what it is like to play in a city where they boo you for your play

Which you just made the point that NO ONE in front of Poz will make him better but everyone always makes that excuse for him that its the Dline's fault that he is making tackles down field. Poz is a stop gap and we should keep him around for that reason only but at a decent price not at 5-7mil a year no way let him go and see what it is like to play in a city where they boo you for your play

If Poz plays behind that very good DL in New York his play will be much better than what it was in Buffalo while playing behind a sieve DL. PP's best attributes are his ability to read defenses and make plays. That is difficult to do when he is entangled by the opposing OL.

In my view Paul P is a solid linebacker. He is better than your characterization of being a stop gap caliber of player. There comes a point where this lame franchise has to stop replacing good players who have departed and start adding talent to the talent that is already on the team. Paul P will never be an all pro type of player, he simply lacks the premium physical abilities. But he still has the qualities to be a core player for this team.

Edited by JohnC

We had one of if not the worst run stopping Defensive Line in the NFL last year. Of course if you put a few people in front of him that can actually make a tackle or stop a run, he will be better. People always criticize Poz because the majority of his tackles are downfield, well maybe if there was any confidence in the line pulling their share of the weight, and maybe they will with Dareus here now, he might not have to be a full time downfield tackler.

Poz's reputation has been bigger than his play IMO, so I wouldn't be sorry to see him walk. I can't remember a big play & his stats are average, so he can help us make 8-8 ball a reality, if we're lucky.

Poz has been the leader in tackles for more than one of his years here and is a stand up guy not only on the team but in the community too . Hey he may not be a James Harrison but hey who cares ?? Let him walk he's not the type of player the Bills need ! :doh:

We don't want character guys that just show up & play the game the way it's suppose to be played & doesn't cause a bunch of distractions off the field - NAH let him walk ! :wallbash:

Not to mention he's young yet & with Wanny as his new coach has a good chance to improve --- NAH !! forget him we can get some one better your right !! :nana:

Yes i would be upset !! He is a Bills type player & we could & have done a lot worse !!!

Edited by T master

He's London Fletcher, 2.0.

He'll make 125 tackles, but none behind the line of scrimmage. He'll recover a fumble or two, but never force one. He'll be in his hole more often than not, but he's not bringing any wood when he gets there.

But we run a 3-4 and we have about 2.5 linebackers on the whole roster (poz, moats (.5), Merriman (.5) and our 3rd rounder (.5).

So I guess we gotta keep him. I guess.

Let's not forget he can't cover a TE to save his life. Opposing TEs torched the Bills for several weeks straight last year. It was embarrassing. Look at some of the high lights of opposing TEs scores and you will see Poz beaten in coverage. He doesn't fit the scheme we were trying to run.

Poz has been the leader in tackles for more than one of his years here and is a stand up guy not only on the team but in the community too . Hey he may not be a James Harrison but hey who cares ?? Let him walk he's not the type of player the Bills need ! :doh:

We don't want character guys that just show up & play the game the way it's suppose to be played & doesn't cause a bunch of distractions off the field - NAH let him walk ! :wallbash:

Not to mention he's young yet & with Wanny as his new coach has a good chance to improve --- NAH !! forget him we can get some one better your right !! :nana:

Yes i would be upset !! He is a Bills type player & we could & have done a lot worse !!!

+1

Personally... I think it's crazy how many fans don't care if we lose Poz. I understand we are starving for a winner here, but every position on the team doesn't need to be a Hall of Fame type level. Poz is a fantastic team mate and is not part of the issue. It's been that D-Line, Outside line backers and those other Inside Linebackers on the team. If Kelvin steps up and plays next to Poz for the next 8 years, what more do you want?

Let's not forget he can't cover a TE to save his life. Opposing TEs torched the Bills for several weeks straight last year. It was embarrassing. Look at some of the high lights of opposing TEs scores and you will see Poz beaten in coverage. He doesn't fit the scheme we were trying to run.

I disagree. I think he can cover adequately enough. I don't see him getting burned by Tight Ends more than the rest of the team. Give that QB all day to throw and he's going to find his Tight End.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Depends on what he's asking for. I doubt he'll find a lot of suitors for top-dollar demands.

Ditto. I'm fine if he stays ... as long as the Bills don't overpay. He's an average LB and should get average (NFL) money.

Poz is journeyman middle lineback...can start on some NFL teams. Never an all star. His biggest failing has not been mentioned. He is BRITTLE, that is he is often injured. I think that the combination of his level of play (just adequate) and his lack of duribility makes him worth less than some other LB's. He missed most of two seasons.....So, will he move on...I guess I hope not, but he is not the MEGABUCK LB that we would like in the middle. Bills should pay fairly well, but not excessively.

I say keep him, we dont have anyone better on the roster. The problem is that a lac of free agent ILBs he will get a much bigger contract than what he deserves. I agree that we should not grossly over pay him, a little bit would be ok.

Yes because I've really gotten use to using him with the zone modified blitz in Madden..... all jokes aside he's only 26-27? he solid, and hasnt played with an other consistent,solid or good players upfront or along side of him for any real amount of time...