Anybody watching women's world cup?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tell you what, these ladies are playing some top notch soccer in this WC. I don't often pay attention to the ladies game, but wow, the passing is spot on, they know how to finish, and some of the goalkeeping has been fantastic. I'm very impressed at the level of play.

EDIT: After seeing the ridiculous goal the Swedish keeper just gave up, I take back what I said about the goalkeeping lol

Edited by ajzepp

I tell you what, these ladies are playing some top notch soccer in this WC. I don't often pay attention to the ladies game, but wow, the passing is spot on, they know how to finish, and some of the goalkeeping has been fantastic. I'm very impressed at the level of play.

EDIT: After seeing the ridiculous goal the Swedish keeper just gave up, I take back what I said about the goalkeeping lol

Women's goalkeeping is on the whole awful. Particularly the French one - other than that they were probably the better team.

Looks like Japan. They are owning Sweden.

US has never lost to Japan, which is surprising since Japan has been playing amazing and the US has not. They will have their hands full with the Smurfs.

Edited by Peace

I just found out that the magicJack or whatever they are called are back to play the Flash a week from tonight. So, it's Abby Wombach and Hope Solo vs. Marta and Alex Morgan. The Flash also have a number of players who play on their national teams, and number of other cuties, as well.

They drew 8000 in late May. Not sure of the capacity at Sahlen Stadium, but I would think the crowd will be very big for this game.

Abby now really being a national hero should go over big her hometown.

Just saw a replay of the 2nd half of the game. Great overall play by our team. Rapinoe impressed me again. That lady is like a qb. She just keeps giving her teamates chances to score with well placed passes.

I agree. Really fun to watch. The skill level is really high. Some of the USMNT players could learn some things here in terms of touch and vision.

Their passing is what stands out to me. I really enjoy watching their ball movement. It's clearly better than the men lol

I just found out that the magicJack or whatever they are called are back to play the Flash a week from tonight. So, it's Abby Wombach and Hope Solo vs. Marta and Alex Morgan. The Flash also have a number of players who play on their national teams, and number of other cuties, as well.

They drew 8000 in late May. Not sure of the capacity at Sahlen Stadium, but I would think the crowd will be very big for this game.

Abby now really being a national hero should go over big her hometown.

The US National Team players have the year off from the WPL. Marta has played but not often.

Their passing is what stands out to me. I really enjoy watching their ball movement. It's clearly better than the men lol

If their passing impresses you, you don't watch much soccer. This team can't pass for crap.

Japan passes. The US plays long ball and prays that their athleticism and size work out for them.

I predict Japan will kill the US.

The US National Team players have the year off from the WPL. Marta has played but not often.

Actually, they don't. Marta has played just about every game. She played all but one or maybe two games. She'll be playing already this weekend in NJ.

The league took weeks off for the World Cup, so the most Marta was scheduled to miss was two games. She's making $500K for the season, so she better play almost every game!

They're all supposed to be there Wednesday. (I have relatives who do work for the Flash, so I have a pretty decent handle on what's going on with them. Otherwise, I wouldn't know any of this!)