Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder

Beerball

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link

If anyone has followed the case I'd be interested in what you think of the verdict.

It was obvious that the prosecution didn't have a case. The chloroform was circumstantial evidence, as nobody knows if it was used on Caylee. Also, nobody knows if the duct tape was used prior to death or after it.

Furthermore, if she did do it, she is probably a sociopath, meaning an accomplice probably dumped the body, as she would have no reason to do that.

There was a case here in the past week where a mother left her kid (2 years old or so, I don't recall exactly) in the car while she went to work. Kid died from the heat of course. The kicker was that the kid was in the car because she apparently drops the kid off at day care on her way to work...but she was running late that day, and forgot the kid was in the car...

But the REAL kicker was: it was the second time she'd done that. The first time was in the early spring, so the kid wasn't hurt, and the cops just cited her for endangerment and left it at that... :wallbash:

She has been indicted on felony murder and child neglect.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=120&sid=2448720

With all due respect to everyone out there in regards to the Casey Anthony trial. Putting someone to death without sufficient evidence is improper. Anyone that watched 100% of this trial would know that there was just to many unanswered questions and to much doubt to reach a guilty verdict. The death penalty in itself is unethical, because despite any admonitions from the Judge or State it is impossible to block out sentencing during deliberations when someones life is on the line. Myself personally, two wrongs don't make a right, its not what God would want and its not what Caylee Marie Anthony would want despite the sinister circumstances surrounding her death. The trial itself was well governed/ by the book with exceptional attorneys/arguments from both sides.

Edited by Fig Newton

Over/under on the number of steps she makes it down the jailhouse stairs before some wackjob tries to shoot her?

And they'll do it on camera, and in front of many witnesses. And then be sent to jail. And then the dummies will cry about "How come this person is in jail and Casey isnt?!?"

Ok, the trial is over and she is found "not guilty" what are they doing to find the real killer? Are they going to continue to investigate? it is too new to be a cold case? Someone has to pay for this, as a parent you know she did this. There may not be a mountain of evidence but this girl is guilty of something.

Ok, the trial is over and she is found "not guilty" what are they doing to find the real killer? Are they going to continue to investigate? it is too new to be a cold case? Someone has to pay for this, as a parent you know she did this. There may not be a mountain of evidence but this girl is guilty of something.

They dont have enough evidence to convict anyone. "Real killer" or not. It's not like the OJ case where there was a ton of evidence and they just needed to find the person that fit. They simply have nothing to go on. So no, there will most likely be no further investigation.

Your statement "Someone has to pay for this" intrigues me, but Im not sure how to comment on it without sounding like I think the death of a little girl is no big deal.

Not sure there is any way that they can satiate the public's "outrage". We're just going to have to suck it up and move on.

Edited by DrDareustein

They dont have enough evidence to convict anyone. "Real killer" or not. It's not like the OJ case where there was a ton of evidence and they just needed to find the person that fit. They simply have nothing to go on. So no, there will most likely be no further investigation.

Your statement "Someone has to pay for this" intrigues me, but Im not sure how to comment on it without sounding like I think the death of a little girl is no big deal.

Not sure there is any way that they can satiate the public's "outrage". We're just going to have to suck it up and move on.

Pretty Fkn sickening isn't it....

Pretty Fkn sickening isn't it....

Yes and no.

If you are looking at it from a purely "Justice for this little girl must be served" standpoint, then yes, definitely tragic and disgusting.

But if you are looking at it from a Government/Rights perspective, then the system worked exactly how it is supposed to in order to protect the innocent.

It's what makes commenting on all of this very precarious. One wrong word and people are labeled as defending a baby-killer, which no one is.

Edited by DrDareustein

Satiating the public's outrage has nothing to do with justice. All that is about is vengeance- which is nothing but evil. Every bit as evil as the initial act.

They do have enough evidence to prove, I think, that somebody who had access to the Anthony home committed this murder, or, went way out of their way to cover up an "accident". What little physical evidence they do have, all leads back to that house.

Edited by Buftex

For safety reasons Casey Anthony will be released into the community at an undisclosed location.

The image that just popped in my head is her being shoved out of windowless van on a street corner. Anyone else think the same thing?

They do have enough evidence to prove, I think, that somebody who had access to the Anthony home committed this murder, or, went way out of their way to cover up an "accident". What little physical evidence they do have, all leads back to that house.

With all do respect Buftex, what physical evidence do you deem actually leads back to the Anthony house If you don't mind my asking?

There the tragedy will always stay, in the house. The greatest tragedy is that while the system worked this time and perhaps let a guilty person go free there has been too many times where the innocent have been incarcerated.

To all: Does it matter more if one guilty person is found innocent or one innocent person is found guilty?

Satiating the public's outrage has nothing to do with justice. All that is about is vengeance- which is nothing but evil. Every bit as evil as the initial act.

Agreed completely, 100%, but was trying to tread lightly and choose my words carefully with this touchy subject.