Garbage Plates

Hot plate, extra sauce for me please :)

Welcome to the club, brother!

Man, I can taste that delicious italian bread right now....mmmmmm

Mark's Texas Hots on Monroe Avenue is superior to Nick Tahou's IMHO. The cheeseburger plates they have are rediculously good. It's all relative though.

Both are solid, but I prefer Tahou's or what used to be Tahou's on Lyell. A garbage plate cannot be fully enjoyed unless it is consumed at Tahou's or Mark's after 2PM on a Friday or Saturday when the flavor of each bite is heightened by the fear of getting stabbed or jumped. Knowing it may be the last thing you ever eat really helps you appreciate the humble plate.

Charlie's in Victor does a nice plate as does Dogtown on Monroe Ave if you want to get your fix in a more reputable establishment.

Webster Hots is doing some AWESOME plates. Way better than Empire or Bay. The tater tot option is a nice addition, and my new usual is a philly cheese steak plate with peppers onions & mozzarella, with tots & mac salad, mustard onions hot sauce (ie everything).

Mark's Texas Hots on Monroe Avenue is superior to Nick Tahou's IMHO. The cheeseburger plates they have are rediculously good. It's all relative though.

EVERYONE does a better 'plate than Tahou's IMO.. used to work near the corner of Lyell and Dewey, so the guys and I have had plates from numerous places in the area.. we had to stop going to Nick's after several bad experiences.. (typically, under-cooked meat or watered down commercial mac salad)

It's been a long time since I've been there, but I can remember my favorite plates being from Empire Hots in Webster.

EVERYONE does a better 'plate than Tahou's IMO.. used to work near the corner of Lyell and Dewey, so the guys and I have had plates from numerous places in the area.. we had to stop going to Nick's after several bad experiences.. (typically, under-cooked meat or watered down commercial mac salad)

It's been a long time since I've been there, but I can remember my favorite plates being from Empire Hots in Webster.

Tahou's is kind of like the Anchor Bar. You have to go there at least once to pay homage, but then you realize other places have surpassed what they started.

Can someone please ship a couple plates down to NZ for me? I dyin!

Just stack two cheeseburgers (or hot dogs, etc.) on top of macaroni salad, baked beans and home fries, topped with chopped onions and lots of that greasy sauce.

Here is the sauce recipe

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRSTP7k9rs77tciDe9uL771JgEq-H5a4kgS7wY1FQdcN1uPt7r

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Webster Hots is doing some AWESOME plates. Way better than Empire or Bay. The tater tot option is a nice addition, and my new usual is a philly cheese steak plate with peppers onions & mozzarella, with tots & mac salad, mustard onions hot sauce (ie everything).

this is what you eat after riding your bike?

Are there any similar places located in the Buffalo area?

It's kinda' hard to drive all the way to Rochester for a plate when I fly in to Buffalo for a game.

University Hots on Main St. near UB main campus serves a plate. Never been there, but my friend said it sucks. Not sure if he meant it in a good way or bad way though. It received positive reviews on Yelp for what its worth.