Hugo Chavez dead? (unconfirmed)

Fezmid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does anyone hate Chavez? There is a lot of propaganda against Chavez, but can anyone say why they would be happy if Chavez was dead? The oil belongs to Venezuela, not Exxon IMO. He is a champion of the poor and not a hypocrite. Why cheer his death?

Why does anyone hate Chavez? There is a lot of propaganda against Chavez, but can anyone say why they would be happy if Chavez was dead? The oil belongs to Venezuela, not Exxon IMO. He is a champion of the poor and not a hypocrite. Why cheer his death?

You are correct on one count, the oil doesn't belong to Exxon. It belongs to Citgo - which belongs to the government of Venezuela - which belongs to Hugo Chavez

Yes, exactly. Human rights and political rights are overrated. As are the fundamental principles of human economic behavior. And thanks to Chavez, poverty has been eradicated from his country.

I'm hoping you forgot the sarcasm tag.

It was an honest question. Please substantiate why you dislike Chavez. If he is so easy to you cheer for his death, then it must be easy to explain why you feel that way. So once again, please explain why you dislike Chavez so much

Edited by Pete

:lol: :lol:

Yes, like all dictators he is a champion of the poor!

:lol: :lol:

Yes, like all dictators he is a champion of the poor!

is he a dictator? He has won 3 elections with something like a 70% voter turn out. And it looked like he was going to lose the 2012 election. I am not saying he is a great president. I am saying most that bash him know little about the man

is he a dictator? He has won 3 elections with something like a 70% voter turn out. And it looked like he was going to lose the 2012 election. I am not saying he is a great president. I am saying most that bash him know little about the man

Well, he did eliminate term limits, made himself ruler by decree, and shut down opposing media stations. That seems like a dictator to me.

Well, he did eliminate term limits, made himself ruler by decree, and shut down opposing media stations. That seems like a dictator to me.

But he stands up for the common man and builds bike lanes in Caracas. He must be a good fella.

Get with the program, those things are only bad if the leader in question is on friendly terms with the US.

Chavez has won more elections then just about any leader in the world. The "decree" was passed by Venezuela's congress. And the "media"(one TV station I think) was a big force in the contrived coup attempt.

Do you consider FDR a dictator? He tried to circumvent the supreme court and add cronie judges to tighten his grip on power. By your criteria, that is a dictator I think

Because no dictator has ever won a popular vote by a landslide with massive voter turnout. :rolleyes:

Chavez has won more elections then just about any leader in the world. The "decree" was passed by Venezuela's congress. And the "media"(one TV station I think) was a big force in the contrived coup attempt.

Do you consider FDR a dictator? He tried to circumvent the supreme court and add cronie judges to tighten his grip on power. By your criteria, that is a dictator I think

I consider him a fascist.

Big whoop, he can't even get the votes that Politburo always got.

What an amateur.