good read on the welfare state

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m not trying to be critical, just stating an observation. :beer:

Just like a correct observation of all posts that emanate from Elma. If it walks like a duck ...

After Ward who? Cleaver? Really you seem to inject racism and spelling often into your criticism of posts-both the intellectual equivalent of making armpit noises.

Really? Find where I pick on someone for spelling or grammar who didn't start it first. Glad to know that two years later you are still butthurt though. Whiny B word.

Try to keep up, he pulled the typo/misspelling card. I used it against him after wards.

Now Booster, you need to be a little more honest with you statements. I busted some balls for someone that totally misspelled quite a few words and had a five line sentence in their post. I made a comment to you regarding DaveinElma's post supporting the post when you were calling him a racist. You responded with the word "cant", a word that I failed to put an apostrophe in. You wouldn't debate Dave's post but instead resorted to calling me names. The last sentence is why I called you a liberal. Calling people names (racist is a common name thrown out there) and refusing to debate while changing the subject is a common liberal tactic. It helps if you are a whiny little B word too.

Yes, remember how before LBJ we didn't have poor people?

Who said that? Isn't his point that we have more poor people than ever despite the gumbint wasting billions/trillions of dollars?

I feel so sorry for the people that wake up every morning cursing the poor. What an empty existance

You should see what it's like to feel sorry for people that can't understand the difference between cursing the poor and cursing backward government policies. I know the concept is way too difficult for you to grasp, but it's quite likely that we'd have fewer poor people if we had fewer gov't handouts. But maybe only hard line right wingers like Daniel Patrick Moynihan think that way.

Your posting history makes you a racist. It really is that simple.

Pathetic. ***Waaahhhhh, I'm going to ignore the issue and just call you a racist!!!!*** I'm sure Jesse and Al would be proud of you.

Pathetic. ***Waaahhhhh, I'm going to ignore the issue and just call you a racist!!!!*** I'm sure Jesse and Al would be proud of you.

Well, yeah, except the quoted article is not about the welfare state, but about race.

So, our friend Dave bestows his racism yet again. And the article is also half drek, because in addition to Great Society's failings of black communities, the conversation isn't complete without talking about the 40-year old war on drugs & the real effect that easy supply of guns have had on the community.

But it's hell of a lot easier to put up a picture of menacing black youth to get a point across, which our friend Dave excels at.

Well, yeah, except the quoted article is not about the welfare state, but about race.

It's about both, in the peculiar and stupid manner that people have of confusing "race" and "culture".

So, our friend Dave bestows his racism yet again. And the article is also half drek, because in addition to Great Society's failings of black communities, the conversation isn't complete without talking about the 40-year old war on drugs & the real effect that easy supply of guns have had on the community.

But it's hell of a lot easier to put up a picture of menacing black youth to get a point across, which our friend Dave excels at.

Nonetheless, there is that. If anything demonstrates that Dave is racist, it's that he can't distinguish the race-baiting from any actual facts in the article.

So the war on drugs is responsible for black teen unemployment being a whopping 41 percent?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/19/eveningnews/main20072425.shtml

of course not, it's caused by the crazy rate of out-of-wedlock births that occurs in the black community which are enabled by the liberal guilt of the welfare state. But don't say it too loud or everyone will try and marginalize you.

So the war on drugs is responsible for black teen unemployment being a whopping 41 percent?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/19/eveningnews/main20072425.shtml

of course not, it's caused by the crazy rate of out-of-wedlock births that occurs in the black community which are enabled by the liberal guilt of the welfare state. But don't say it too loud or everyone will try and marginalize you.

So the crazy rate of out-of-wedlock births that occurs in the black community is responsible for black high school graduates not being able to get a job?

Maybe if the dems and corporations (yes, mostly repubs) didn't encouraged the importation of poverty from Mexico in the form of illegal immigration and a dirt cheap labor force, there'd be a lot of real jobs out there for the poor (this of course includes, but is not exclusive to, inner city youth).

The illegals started taking over the labor force in the LA/Southern California area way back when and quickly took over many of American's jobs and livelihood which turned the manual labor wage scale into a complete joke. It's time to weed out the illegals (in the form of cracking down on businesses with heavy fines) and start giving the disadvantaged Americans of this country be they black, brown or white (basically anyone who's here legally) a stepping stone into the American dream. Lack of real jobs and real wages is one of the biggest things holding this country back.

You do realize the site is run by David Horowitz right? Check out this rant by him. Love the bit where he seems to advocate stringing up all Muslims. Link. Good god, look at the articles on the site. Michelle Malking posts articles there and she make Sean Hannity seem like a valid news journalist. They defend Glenn Beck. Unreal, I knew you were arch conservative, but simply wow.

GG and Tom posted the other things I could bring up, my advice would be to look at the source of the "news" that this site produces. Anyone that considers that a valid site needs their head checked. :blink:

No doubt about the existance of a number of other significant factors, but we've had almost no constructive dialogue about race in this country because the first thing anyone does when they hear something they don't like is scream 'racism'.

I guess I haven't paid much attention to Dave's history.

No doubt about the existance of a number of other significant factors, but we've had almost no constructive dialogue about race in this country because the first thing anyone does when they hear something they don't like is scream 'racism'.

I guess I haven't paid much attention to Dave's history.

Look, if a poster is constantly posting about racial issues with their threads I tend to look askance at that. If they are linking to sites that are absolute crap, then after a while I tend to call them on that. Still, I think I have done that a total of 4 times and 1 was in error when I mistook Jim from Alaska for another poster. I apologized and withdrew my comment (on PPP :blush:) , but due to our conflict and a few PMs he and I will never get along it seems. Still say I am batting .750.

Look, if a poster is constantly posting about racial issues with their threads I tend to look askance at that. If they are linking to sites that are absolute crap, then after a while I tend to call them on that. Still, I think I have done that a total of 4 times and 1 was in error when I mistook Jim from Alaska for another poster. I apologized and withdrew my comment (on PPP :blush:) , but due to our conflict and a few PMs he and I will never get along it seems. Still say I am batting .750.

Its Jim in Anchorage.

Strike two :D