good read on the welfare state

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/06/16/why-race-matters/

Why can’t we eliminate poverty? Because the progressive approach is one which completely misunderstands the human condition, positing that a lack of financial wherewithal is the disease. It’s not. It’s a symptom of the disease. The disease is a toxic mentality that leads to one horrendous life choice after another, highlighted by the choice to have children out of wedlock, followed by a father’s choice to abandon his own children as casually as one would toss away yesterday’s newspaper — even as the society at large, courtesy of progressive infatuation with “flexible” morality, has eliminated the shame that ought to attach itself to such irresponsibility.

The war on Poverty has been a colossal failure.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posting history makes you a racist. It really is that simple.

Booster, you are playing the progressive race game. Tell me one thing in that article that you can honestly disagree with and DEFEND and I'll discuss it. Otherwise stfu and take your holier than thou attitude along with your political correctness and stick it up your azz. You pretend that you've seen the light and have given up your liberal leanings but in fact are just a progressive wolf in sheep's clothing. The policies of you liberals have not only caused but have encouraged the disparity between white and black in this country.

Booster, you are playing the progressive race game. Tell me one thing in that article that you can honestly disagree with and DEFEND and I'll discuss it. Otherwise stfu and take your holier than thou attitude along with your political correctness and stick it up your azz. You pretend that you've seen the light and have given up your liberal leanings but in fact are just a progressive wolf in sheep's clothing. The policies of you liberals have not only caused but have encouraged the disparity between white and black in this country.

He posts on racial issues more than anything else. All the posts that are about race cast blacks in a bad light. What would you call a single note poster that does that? At no point do I claim to have seen the light as you say, I have said I have become fiscally conservative due to our debt. Try to keep up. Oh and I bet you cant.

He posts on racial issues more than anything else. All the posts that are about race cast blacks in a bad light. What would you call a single note poster that does that? At no point do I claim to have seen the light as you say, I have said I have become fiscally conservative due to our debt. Try to keep up. Oh and I bet you cant.

Name me one thing in that article that you disagree with. What's with the "cant" **** again? I omitted an apostrophe once and you're going to bring that up rather than address the issues in the article? I don't care if DaveinElma is a one trick pony, argue for or against the issues rather than the poster's history.

Name me one thing in that article that you disagree with. What's with the "cant" **** again? I omitted an apostrophe once and you're going to bring that up rather than address the issues in the article? I don't care if DaveinElma is a one trick pony, argue for or against the issues rather than the poster's history.

You took exception to me calling him a racist and suddenly what he posts is irrelevant. Nice. You are new to this I take it. You are the one who decided to be a spelling Nazi several times, yet when called on your own issues it is not an important matter.

Sticking with known racial posters is so going to enhance your rep on this board. Go for it.

You took exception to me calling him a racist and suddenly what he posts is irrelevant. Nice. You are new to this I take it. You are the one who decided to be a spelling Nazi several times, yet when called on your own issues it is not an important matter.

Sticking with known racial posters is so going to enhance your rep on this board. Go for it.

I was a spelling Nazi when someone made a plethora of errors and a five line sentence in one post. I didn't put an apostrophe in the word "can't" and was taken to task for it. I took it with good nature and stated something like it provided a good laugh at myself.

I actually read the article that Dave posted and happen to agree with it. Instead of just bashing Dave because of your perception of his other posts I used my head and read the article. Now, what do you think of the article?

Frankly, my "rep" on this board will be decided on what I say not by the brush you are trying to paint me with. Regardless, I don't give a damn.

Yes, remember how before LBJ we didn't have poor people?

I feel so sorry for the people that wake up every morning cursing the poor. What an empty existance

Do you remember LBJ?

Poor people existed(we did not live in a utopia) those poor folk? Were called "Colored Folk" for the most part, a far more modest style of living was the trend back then. We didn't stuff our faces with credit card debit and things we couldn't afford. Want to know how far we've come? Owning a Cadillac was a status symbol, owning more than one television was for the wealthy and not common in our normal neighborhoods. Why? We could have taken loans out for such thing, most of us had good reputations with our local S&L's but we DIDN'T! Because WE learned the value of a buck EARLY ON in our rearing years. The WASTE NOT WANT NOT attitude applied in most cases, we knew our roles in our family/society as well as the workplace better.

We informed ourselves by reading piles of books, strapping them up and WALKING TO SCHOOL for the most part. The things that have made our lives easier COMPUTERS/CELL PHONES/TECHNOLOGY in general became the first thing we over ate. Things are vastly different now, the progress we sought in those days turned into the horrid reality you all face today. My generation is surely a fault for sculpting the beast and sending him off for your generation or the one before it to make him easier to use. Sloth is a deadly sin, greed is a deadly sin, gluttony is a deadly sin and our society has been found guilty of all of them. Hopefully these next generation folks can forget about righting our wrongs and do right by themselves and those down the line, if we do that then maybe we've got a chance to keep this thing going.

Well that's my two cents.

Do you remember LBJ?

Poor people existed(we did not live in a utopia) those poor folk? Were called "Colored Folk" for the most part, a far more modest style of living was the trend back then. We didn't stuff our faces with credit card debit and things we couldn't afford. Want to know how far we've come? Owning a Cadillac was a status symbol, owning more than one television was for the wealthy and not common in our normal neighborhoods. Why? We could have taken loans out for such thing, most of us had good reputations with our local S&L's but we DIDN'T! Because WE learned the value of a buck EARLY ON in our rearing years. The WASTE NOT WANT NOT attitude applied in most cases, we knew our roles in our family/society as well as the workplace better.

We informed ourselves by reading piles of books, strapping them up and WALKING TO SCHOOL for the most part. The things that have made our lives easier COMPUTERS/CELL PHONES/TECHNOLOGY in general became the first thing we over ate. Things are vastly different now, the progress we sought in those days turned into the horrid reality you all face today. My generation is surely a fault for sculpting the beast and sending him off for your generation or the one before it to make him easier to use. Sloth is a deadly sin, greed is a deadly sin, gluttony is a deadly sin and our society has been found guilty of all of them. Hopefully these next generation folks can forget about righting our wrongs and do right by themselves and those down the line, if we do that then maybe we've got a chance to keep this thing going.

Well that's my two cents.

It's better to be thought of a fool than to open your mouth and prove as such.

Words to live by. Try it.

He posts on racial issues more than anything else. All the posts that are about race cast blacks in a bad light.

I figured that we were all mature enough here to realize that not all blacks are on welfare or have children out of wedlock and that I didn't have to post a disclaimer about it. I also didnt think I needed to mention that I'm a big fan of both Herman Cain and Charles Payne but if you're going to back me into that corner I'm going to have to play that card.

Someone states facts and your objective is to corral the as ignorant? It's pups like you who make me weap for the future.

You just blamed cell phones for the downfall of personal responsibility. You corralled yourself, bonehead.

You're a waste of time fella

"Finals Week"

Do you understand where our financial market is?

Do you understand WE as a Nation borrow monthly to pay our bills? I'm not being dramatic, it's a fact that China and other nations "Bid" for securities in the U.S. financial system so the Government can pay their programs, their employees and their interest.

Do you understand what a deregulated market is?

Do you understand what credit is?

Do you understand anything that doesn't end with some sort of pun?

I dearly hope you do, because you'll be paying for it your entire life and maybe your children will too.

"Greed will drive us to soar to the heavens and cause us to back down through the earth and straight to hell"-Henry Kissinger

I figured that we were all mature enough here to realize that not all blacks are on welfare or have children out of wedlock and that I didn't have to post a disclaimer about it. I also didnt think I needed to mention that I'm a big fan of both Herman Cain and Charles Payne but if you're going to back me into that corner I'm going to have to play that card.

"I have black friends"

You're a waste of time fella

"Finals Week"

Do you understand where our financial market is?

Do you understand WE as a Nation borrow monthly to pay our bills? I'm not being dramatic, it's a fact that China and other nations "Bid" for securities in the U.S. financial system so the Government can pay their programs, their employees and their interest.

Do you understand what a deregulated market is?

Do you understand what credit is?

Do you understand anything that doesn't end with some sort of pun?

I dearly hope you do, because you'll be paying for it your entire life and maybe your children will too.

"Greed will drive us to soar to the heavens and cause us to back down through the earth and straight to hell"-Henry Kissinger

The bigger question is: do you?

I can tell from how you ask the questions, you don't. :lol: