Six teams turn down Hard Knocks. Who's next?

You do realize that outside of our little bubble, very few people actually realize that the Buffalo Bills still have an NFL franchise. And those that do would quickly suggest that the Bills might not even be an NFL franchise.

Sad times, and no, the Bills will not get the call to be on Hard Knocks. To even pretend that we could "turn them down" is laughable.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Packers would be a good choice. Super Bowl Champs, rabid fan base (much like ours). It would be fun to see how they will prepare to defend their title.

Yeah, I'd like to see that. Maybe the Saints...

I'm assuming you haven't watched a whole season of hard knocks.

I wouldn't really call it a distraction. The camera's are already there.

If anything its extra motivation for these players not to be embarrassed on national television. Most of the focus ends up on players that may be cut, that is the interesting part. Will DeDe Dorsey make the team or go back to some semi-pro league?

They only have limited time with the stars.

I'm sure Jasper would be the focus of Hard Knocks, Buffalo.

It does get national attention. Thats how Crash Dummy and the Terminator got some national attention.

Hell the only season the Bengals won the division was the year after they were in Hard Knocks.

Being on Hard Knocks will not retard or distract from the rebuilding of this organization, I really don't understand how it could.

Apparently 6 teams disagree.

I'd love to see the Bills on Hard Knocks!

We're just getting better, we're not going to surprise anybody,

and I want to see how our coaches work with the guys.

Give me BILLS TV ANYTIME over any other team!

Apparently 6 teams disagree.

I think that doing the show would be more of a detriment to some teams, than it is others. I am putting my money on the Redskins being the subject of the next series (if there is one), and they would be the perfect example of a team that it would be detrimental to. Which is why I suspect they do it. I think it would be a positive for the Bills.

Did you think the national attention that Steve Johnson got last year was detrimental to the team? I don't. I think it upped his game, and he has now emerged as a team leader. This team needs leaders, and guys who are proud to be Buffalo Bills. Bring it on HBO!

There have been 6 seasons of the show...

Baltimore Ravens (2001)- Won Super Bowl in 2000, (went 10-6 lost in Divisional round of playoffs)

Dallas Cowboys (2002)- Finished 5-11 in 2001, 5-11 in 2002

Kansas City Chiefs (2007)- finished 9-7 in 2006, 4-12 in 2007

Dallas Cowboys (2008)- finished 13-3 in 2007, 9-7 in 2008

Cincinnati (2009)- finished 4-11-1 in 2008, 10-6 in 2009 (won division)

NY Jets (2010)- finished 9-7 in 2009, 11-5 in 2011 (AFC Championship game)

The results are pretty mixed...it seems that Dallas (twice) and the Chiefs didn't benefit at all, you could argue that the Ravens results are acceptable, while NY Jets and Bengals seemed to gain something...just sayin'

Edited by Buftex

You do realize that outside of our little bubble, very few people actually realize that the Buffalo Bills still have an NFL franchise. And those that do would quickly suggest that the Bills might not even be an NFL franchise.

Sad times, and no, the Bills will not get the call to be on Hard Knocks. To even pretend that we could "turn them down" is laughable.

1)That's a bit much. No, we aren't media darlings and no, we aren't headline material. But nearly all football fans are cognizant of the Bills existence.

2) True. They would be #32 on the list or at least close to it. Funny thing is, HBO is so solid in its production of just about everything that they would probably make the Bills come out looking good with many new fans rooting for the underdog.

Can someone please to us overseas fans what Hard Knocks is?

Its a behind the scene view of a training camp from the NFL. Its on HBO and usually runs four episodes. It shows coaches and management making decisions about personnel. It also gives a up close view of certain players from stars to UDFAs. Its pretty cool.

Can someone please to us overseas fans what Hard Knocks is?

Hard Knocks is an HBO show that is filmed during training camp with each episode being aired the week later. The show is produced with the highest production values and offers behind-the-scenes access that all fans crave. Some of my favorite things about the show include...

1. I like the "real time" feeling of the shows being aired quickly after their filming. What happened on Tuesday or Thursday is being edited and aired for the Sunday show.

2. HBO brings a rated R feeling to it that no other medium can offer.

3. Underdog storylines. They always follow a couple of guys on the roster bubble. This is why the aforementioned posts concerning Jasper would be interesting.

4. Great camera work.

5. Gives unprecedented access to players. You get access to guys and gain a better idea who the players are under the helmet. Stevie would shine in this role.

By the way, the link I posted is pretty good… a synopsis of the general structure of the show (for those who haven't watched it) and a review of the story lines for each of the seasons so far.

Based on what is written, the two main subjects would possibly be Marcel Dareus and Michael Jasper… because Jasper's as compelling a story as any undrafted free agent…and because Dareus is our first round pick.

Loser attitude. Just what Nix and Gailey are trying to shake off.

PTR

That's what Levy and Jauron were trying to shake off too. Gailey came in and the Bills lost MORE. They haven't drafted that high in 25 years so at this point they have only accentuated the losing. This only a couple years after Gailey was fired because he finished at .500 within the ACC in 4 of his 6 seasons. Not the NFL, not the SEC, but the middling ACC. That doesn't mean he's not a better pro head coach, but he certainly isn't a proven winner. I get your point, every new HC wants to correct the losing ways of their predecessor, but you are giving credit where it is not due in this case.