Anthony Weiner

In all fairness, housing prices were going to fall no matter what, and are going to keep falling at least for another year. There's too much of a glut of foreclosures available, and not enough demand for them, for prices to stabilize and rebound (never mind that housing prices are falling from artificially high values in a viciously overpriced 2008 market anyway).

You can't blame that on Obama. I mean, you can, and you will...but objectively, he has absolutely nothing to do with that issue. Worst I can say about him in that regard is that he signed the Dodd-Frank Bill into law, which might extend the slump to 2016...for which I blame Dodd and Frank anyway.

In spite of my right-wing partsisan hackitude, I need to stand corrected, because what I wrote certainly implies that I blame Obama for the housing issues, and I really know better. What I was trying to express was that I blame him for not at least paying attention to it, as well as the other pressing items that faced the nation while he spent a year pushing Obamacare. I remember being about half-way into his first year and suddenly realizing that, yeah -- really -- no, seriously , he apparently genuinely believed that the stimulus plan was the single answer to get the economy back on track.

Which was what I meant to write and was correctly corrected. His one-year plan was simple: spend a trillion dollars, tell everyone it will stem unmployment at 8%, and get to work on Obamacare.

And here we are, once again, listening to him explain that he's focused like a laser on jobs.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weiner's Reply:

"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers... "

Weiner's Reply:

"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers... "

VERY nice reference... :thumbsup:

Underrated Bogey performance, too.

While we are on movie lines, I recently discovered Dr. Strangelove. I know, I know...Im late to the party.

Holy **** what a great movie. Hilarious.

Dude, really? Check your man card at the door.

NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM!

Edited by joesixpack

While we are on movie lines, I recently discovered Dr. Strangelove. I know, I know...Im late to the party.

Holy **** what a great movie. Hilarious.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Have you guys noticed how the MSM is running with this story?

There's nothing on MSN home page and the other outlets maybe mention it and explain how to avoid getting hacked as the focus of the story. Another source mentions it and then goes on to explain in detail about Weiner's Twittering prowess.

I know this initially wasn't a big deal. His lying though is another thing.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Have you guys noticed how the MSM is running with this story?

There's nothing on MSN home page and the other outlets maybe mention it and explain how to avoid getting hacked as the focus of the story. Another source mentions it and then goes on to explain in detail about Weiner's Twittering prowess.

I know this initially wasn't a big deal. His lying though is another thing.

The true MSM is not jumping in yet, but the secondary media is all over it right now. By tonight it should be everywhere and Weiner should be doing the stone-faced resignation press conference thing by Wed.

Edited by RkFast

The true MSM is not jumping in yet, but the secondary media is all over it right now. By tonight it should be everywhere and Weiner should be doing the stone-faced resignation press conference thing by Wed.

Whoop...Presser moved to 4PM today.

But this little dick has so much hubris, he will probably try to fight and blame it on Bush or something.